Forum: General / General

Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Especially For the Newbies and New Members: Some Observations and Helpful Advice
By glamrock Comments: 2, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Sun May 22, 2005 01:42 PM
thank you for the inspiring letter you posted for new members, it is very warm and welcoming and informative, thanks
re: Especially For the Newbies and New Members: Some Observations and Helpful Advice
By MickeyG Comments: 20, member since Thu Nov 18, 2004
On Sun May 29, 2005 04:13 AM
Thank you for those helpful hints. I am a new member and have found this to be good advice.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Sat Jun 25, 2005 02:47 PM
Very welcoming and informational. Thanks for that! :D *karma*
By kaykay09 Comments: 36, member since Fri Jun 24, 2005
On Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:00 AM
im new here, i appreciate the post. im still figuring this thing out. but that really helped. Thanks!
By xxcheriexx Comments: 28, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 01:33 PM
Thanks ;)
By xxcheriexx Comments: 28, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 01:34 PM
this is the first post i've read, and it helps out a lot. thanks~
By Arielmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1836, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 03:47 PM
thanks alot that advice was great

-dancer8894girl11-
By Greenish Comments: 44, member since Sat Jun 04, 2005
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 02:38 PM
Thank you for this post. It was helpful, informative and friendly. If I could give you Karma I would. :D
By danielpickle Comments: 66, member since Mon Jul 18, 2005
On Mon Jul 18, 2005 05:21 PM
Wow I thought that was a long post but when I scrolled to the top and then back down again after reading it was even longer than I thought, but it was very good.

Ive not been here very long but I can already tell, just from all the posts like this one, that Im going to love this site and probably everyone on it.

Im just glad to know theres other people out there who like danceing to and with this website I can talk to all of them about it. ^_^
By twist1 Comments: 21, member since Mon Jul 25, 2005
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 04:18 PM
hi thankyou for taking the time to write all of that down. i'm new to all of this. and that has helped. once again thanks
By NOVA0 Comments: 149, member since Tue Jul 26, 2005
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 03:51 PM
Thanks for the tips. - from a newbie. ;)
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 04:18 PM
hi i've already read it. but thanks for send it to me again. it,s helpfull.
Thank you
By sidari Comments: 20, member since Wed Aug 03, 2005
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 01:12 PM
Thank you for your help and advice. As a new member I am sure I will return over and over again to see your "Obversations and Helpful Advice. I am sure I will need to.

Thank you again.
sidari
I really need more help than I anticipated
By Germanheritage Comments: 1, member since Tue Aug 16, 2005
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 08:20 PM
When my father passed recently, I promised him that I would join a German dance troup. Im serious about taking this to the professional level, and will spend as much time as needed to achieve this goal. Im from the chicago area, and dont even know where to start looking. Does such a group already exist? Do I need to find a private instructor? As you can see, Im very lost here, and any help you can offer would be appreciated. By me, and by my father. I am taking this very seriously, so I hope you dont think this is something I plan on doing to fill in my spare time for the next month or so. I want to be excellent, I want to be proud of my troup, and I need this in my life. So, I thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. Brandy Neumann, Chicago
By Cindy3 Comments: 2600, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 09:04 AM
Hi Germanheritage, I just did a guick Google search and I could not find any German dance groups in Chicago, but I would bert there was. Maybe you could contact some of the German societies or clubs in Chicago, or do a more sophisticated search than I did on the web.

Your request resonates so much in me. My father was in a German singing and dancing group, located in Florida, and he toured all over, including in germany, where there were very well received, until he was incapacited for several months and then died. My brother is an active Schueplattler right now, also living in Florida. I will need to phone him for suggestions about how to find a group in Chicago, your probably are looking for a general ethnic company, not specialized like my brother's. I will Private Message you with his suggestions.

From whia I know of German dance, as an observer, it is a delightful dance form and a wonderful way to connect with your father. I sure miss mine!
By SCHSdancer Comments: 79, member since Sun Jul 31, 2005
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 07:11 PM
Thanks for the post! Great advice!
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 04:28 AM
hi thanks for taking the time to write all of that. it was a great read and helpfull. keep passing it on as its a great post. as i'm sure it'll help other new members.
cheers
By DaisyDot Comments: 1328, member since Tue Aug 09, 2005
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 02:41 PM
Thank you so much for that, it covers absolutley everything!
I hope I settle in well and make lots of friends :)
By Cutedancer11211 Comments: 943, member since Sun Jul 24, 2005
On Mon Aug 29, 2005 07:03 PM
Thanks, it was a very nice post. Im glad that I joined DDN.

PS- I hate when people uses caps or net speak it bothers me tremendously :(.

~Megan~
Especially for the Newbies
By twinkle1 Comments: 9, member since Wed Aug 31, 2005
On Wed Aug 31, 2005 05:50 AM
Thanks for making me feel welcome.
Especially for the Newbies
By twinkle1 Comments: 9, member since Wed Aug 31, 2005
On Wed Aug 31, 2005 05:53 AM
Thank you for making me feel welcome - and for the much needed advice, have only just learnt of this website, trying to find my way around, hopefully will happening soon!!!
By danctastics Comments: 5, member since Fri Sep 02, 2005
On Fri Sep 02, 2005 05:31 PM
Thank you for the information on where I can find further information for the new members. I loved the original article/letter and now your information you posted will help me even further. Thanks so much - I am looking forward to being here.
THANX CINDY3
By dancer4jc Comments: 5, member since Mon Sep 05, 2005
On Mon Sep 05, 2005 03:59 PM
Hey Cindy3, thanx so much for the adivces you have posted. They were really helpful. You see i'm new to this site and being from Fiji the advices were really heart warming_THANX!!!!!!! _ GKR Dancing Out For Now!!!
By bleucollie Comments: 206, member since Sat Sep 10, 2005
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:24 AM
Thank you for a very informative introduction to the site. I have been reading it for several weeks and have been consistently impressed by both the tone and the content of the writing here. There are obviously many members who care a great deal about sharing helpful information with others, and are willing to patiently explain to the less knowlegable. How very refreshing.
By Dancindave08109 Comments: 15, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 01:28 PM
I am a Newbie but not to the dance world. I just wanted to say that i'm glad that that there is a site out there like this one. I signed on to this site to find new ways to be invovled in the dance world and I think this site is definitely that. Thanks for your generousity.
David Guggino
Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch