Forum: Folk / African Dance

I need to take free african HELP!!
By BulletTime
On Fri Feb 04, 2005 01:43 AM

brooklyn, nyc dancer...in need of african dance class that i can afford....basically...it needs to be free lol...kidding, but not really....um, it can't be too much money.

-Bullet

4 Replies to I need to take free african HELP!!

HELP !!!!
By disco_amymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:09 AM
heya :D a hope u find something ano
wat u feel like :P
from amy
re: I need to take free african HELP!!
By Queen_Aisha
On Sun Mar 13, 2005 07:20 PM
I live in canada but if I lived there i was gonna help you because I can dance african very well. I'm african congolese and we are some of the best dancers around the world so I hope you find somone sooon
re: I need to take free african HELP!!
By Dance2ueen
On Fri Mar 18, 2005 08:46 AM
Edited by Dance2ueen (93368) on 2005-03-18 08:34:14
Edited by Dance2ueen (93368) on 2005-03-18 08:35:10
Hey, I do not live in Brooklyn (thank gosh) but I do live in Harlem. You can try the dijoniba dance center down on 14th street and east Broadway. I can try to find the website for you. Their classes range from $11.00 to $16.00 depending on the length of time and your level. I never took a class there but I been there before, and thats pretty much the only place that I know... I will be taking classes there pretty soon, but I have financial issues as well, so I have to take what I pretty much NEED in order for me to get where I need to be but eventually I will be taking classes at Dijoniba... Heres a link below to their website okay..

But heres your link:
www.djoniba.com . . .

Also, the Broadway Dance Center offers African Dance as well but I think Dijoniba is better. Bwydance.com or Broadwaydancecenter.com they have the schedule there for you. Their classes are like $15.00 a class okay.

Alvin Ailey does West African Dance classes to, and you can go to their website alivnailey.org
I am not sure how much the class are anymore, because they are updating their site, and I cannot find the prices. But the schedule is there for their open classes or perhaps any programs that you might be interested in...

I am sure you know this, but these dance schools also have 10 class cards too.

Good luck
(I am not one to sit there and tell someone to do a google search, or an aol search lol thats a complete waste of time and its annoying lol...)
thank you
By BulletTime
On Mon Mar 21, 2005 03:41 PM
Thanks for all of that wonderful information dance2ueen, paying for class again, was kinda my last resort...i've been doing the whole ten class card thing for hip hop, street jazz, and jazz funk way too long (back when class was only 12.50), but i guess i have to do that for african as well, I found a spot where i can learn how to breakdance for free, i was just hoping that I had the same luck with african....but oh well. I'll check out Djoniba real soon.

-Bullet

ReplySendWatch