Forum: Disco / Disco - Official Rules

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Disco - Official Rules
New Disco - Official Rules board (karma: 12)
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 04:32 AM

This "Disco - Official Rules" board is for the dissemination and discussion of rules from the ADFP and other official disco bodies. I've requested that dance.net accounts from official bodies like the ADFP post or reply ONLY on this forum as we intend to keep official communications separate from the other discussion areas on dance.net.

This dance.net rule is intended to allow our members their own space and ensure a sense of privacy so as not to stifle discussions or cause members to feel as though they're being watched outside of this board. "Official" replies posted to messages outside of this special forum may be deleted without warning for this reason.

On a personal note, I think it's a great step forward for the ADFP to communicate directly to a large segment of the disco population. Dance.net is here to foster growth in all dance forms including disco.

Dance.net would be happy to work with the ADFP, other official bodies, and dance.net members to increase the participation and promotion of disco dance worldwide. Together, we can accomplish much. We also value greatly the right of our members to voice their opinions in a free and unfettered fashion and will do everything in our power to ensure this.

p.s. One way to ensure speech will be to allow anonymous postings. This feature has been in the planning stage and will be implemented soon.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve and foster disco dance at dance.net. You may reply here or PM me privately.

Linh
dance.net

32 Replies to New Disco - Official Rules board

re: New Disco - Official Rules board
By sharibo2 Comments: 695, member since Fri Dec 13, 2002
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 05:45 AM
Edited by sharibo2 (51824) on 2005-02-17 05:37:11 Spelling error
Thanks Linh,
This seems like a sensible compromise, this way we still get the benefit of having official questions answered without having to worry wether or not we were breaching the ADFP rules by just participating in a discussion.
Cheers
xxxxSharnxxxx
By lanak55member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1107, member since Mon May 03, 2004
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 07:27 AM
i think its brilliant to have a rules board so we all know where westand as amateur dancers when it comes to rules regarding sponsered dancers,costumes etc etc,lana xxx
By Daziling_jennyPremium member Comments: 7203, member since Sun Nov 30, 2003
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 01:17 PM
hello :]

i think its really good that there is now a rules board this should help to solve many online arguments lol

love jenny xx
By little_babemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 482, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 05:41 PM
As a fairly "new" dancer I think this is a great idea. It saves clogging up other threads with questions that may have already been asked. Also being able to pm is good as it means if you have a question you can ask it without feeling silly if everyone knows the answer except you!

Little_babe
By x_bec_x Comments: 1363, member since Wed Jul 14, 2004
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 07:02 PM
Hey linh this a brill idea!

Its good that the disco officials get there own board to post on and we can come here for info on what is and isnt allowed, thanks! :)
re: New Disco - Official Rules board (karma: 4)
By sharibo2 Comments: 695, member since Fri Dec 13, 2002
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 07:32 AM
After reading the update to the ADFP statement, I totally take back my post above.
seems to me that they have come on here to dictate to members, what they can and can't speak about, and who they can and can't speak to.
So if you now speak to a teacher on DNN, then both of you could now be subject to disaplinery action!
All of the teachers that have ever came on to dance net have always been very supportive and conducted themselves examplary,
and I feel this is quite a slap in the face for them and for us.
Also
We cannot criticise any faults that promoters have when holding a comp, as this is also subject to disiplinary action,
I have never done this but i have seen innocent comments were some one has said such and suches comp was freezing.
There goes our freedom of speech!
Also is it one Official on the user name or all the ADFP officials?
I don't think the officials should be allowed to dictate on DNN, maybe they should improve their own site so that if anyone has queries they can log on to the ADFP.
sorry to gripe on!
xxxxSharnxxxx
By xJennixXxDobbiexmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6290, member since Tue Jun 29, 2004
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:45 PM
hi :D

i think this is a great new board :D
but what about UKA or ISTD or any other circuit? :?

just wondering

lv jenni x :)
By samantha_coles Comments: 1463, member since Sun Nov 07, 2004
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 03:09 PM
Hiya, i think the Disco- Offical Rule board is brilliant as it has a lot of positive points and us dancers and teachers get to read the rules and understand them in a much easier way. Thank you Dance.Net for setting up this board. Lots of hugs n kisses Samantha xxxx
By Champ_KarlaPremium member Comments: 1131, member since Sun Apr 04, 2004
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:48 AM
Hiya!
I think this is a brill idea, having an official rule board will mean the other boards won't be clogged with questions about disco rules and do's and dont's. Although I do feel the ADFP might be encrouching slightly on what is a website where members can voice there opinions freely. ADFP_OFFICIAL...please don't take that freedom away from the disco members of dance.net, the other governing bodies haven't done it so why should we be subject to scrutiny?
By xjim_jam_jemmax Comments: 1711, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:28 AM
hi
i am concerned about dancers who have lost all of their lives but do not move up a section could you give me your opinion on this lindaxx
By bornchamp Comments: 5875, member since Mon Nov 03, 2003
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:34 AM
Well said Sharn. :D
I totally agree!
We finally have someone who has spoke up and said what most of us think!! ;)
Karma.
Love Jodie xx
By SaltWatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3297, member since Thu Jan 08, 2004
On Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:55 PM
Linh, I have to say I think this is a fabulous Idea. This board is sure to have a more friendly and happier DDN!

:)

Comment #3174196 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-03-26 13:58:15 Netspeak is not allowed. I do not understand what this says.
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-04-08 05:54:49 Netspeak is not allowed on DDN. Please type in English.

By radi Comments: 22, member since Sat May 14, 2005
On Sat May 21, 2005 12:48 PM
this is a totally different subject but does any one no if you are aloud to wear leg warmers if they match your costume
By justine364 Comments: 94, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Tue May 24, 2005 04:05 AM
ADFP RULES
dress code: beginners
beginners may only wear items of plain coloured basic design dancewear either one piece or two piece.Each item must be one single colour without added decoration of any type.(i.e no cut outs,lattice work,belts,anklets, slits /slashes or leg warmers)Commercial sportswear is not allowed.Matching hair ties/scrunchie that meet the above criteria are allowed.
By GlynnyPremium member Comments: 405, member since Fri Mar 11, 2005
On Mon May 30, 2005 11:33 AM
Can someone please let us know when the ADPF are goign to get their website up and running?
Will there be a comp date sheet? We have been asking for sheets since the end of last year and have still not been sent one.As comp organiser for our school it would be so much easier if I had some contact details of up and coming comps.
I'm not ranting because I think the ADFP do a good job but how can our children progress if we dont get to know where comps are?
By justine364 Comments: 94, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 04:05 PM
If your teacher is an A.D.F.P member he or she will have a competition list.
Only teachers can order tickets for these events.

JX
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 04:15 PM
I have to agree your teacher will have a list and she/he will have to order tickets anyway

Hope this helps

Love Mama DD's xxx
By nicole147 Comments: 1669, member since Wed May 25, 2005
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 09:01 AM
hi can anyone help me i have just heard that they is new regulations for starter costumes i need to know what they are please love nikkixxx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:01 AM
here is a copy of the ADFP rule regarding Starter costumes

(c) Starters. Starters outfits may be of any fabric including foiled fabrics but not sequinned fabrics. They may be of any design but may not have any added beads/sequins/stones or any other form of added glitter to the manufactured material.

If you go to the Stickie at the top of the page ADFP offical rules you will find it on there

Hope this helps

Love Mama DD's xxx
help needed now!!!!
By K3MYA Comments: 484, member since Wed Aug 11, 2004
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 01:44 PM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-07-04 20:19:09 Please PM a moderator. Posting this on the boards will not help you since other members can't ban him.
please help somone called drexl is in the chat room causing havak he is swearing and talking about raping people its discusting please ban him forever
By tasha94member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3416, member since Mon Feb 14, 2005
On Mon Aug 01, 2005 02:54 PM
Edited by tasha94 (122401) on 2005-08-01 15:29:50 wrong thread
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-08-29 13:13:16 Member request.
Sorry put on wrong thread. mods please remove
By Tabbymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4988, member since Mon May 17, 2004
On Sun Aug 28, 2005 08:10 AM
I'm glad we've got somebody to PM when we have a question,
but I'm afraid I totally agree with sharibo2!

xxx
By divamom Comments: 63, member since Wed Feb 28, 2007
On Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 PM
Edited by divamom (174490) on 2007-08-29 12:37:16
hi dont know if this is the correct board.
can you let me know when someone changes dance schools are their old dance school informed of when the ban will start and finish.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch