Forum: General / Hip Hop / Battles

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Is Usher a MJ knockoff
By BleeBetts
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 08:08 AM
Locked by MIClogger (28613) on 2005-05-22 15:14:32 A fine thread, but really has nothing to do with Battles. I'll lock it though, just in case you haven't seen all the replies.

Has anyone noticed how Usher trys to be exactly like Michael Jackson now. Caught Up video: Usher wears a suit with a fedaro and gets in a fight.(kinda sounds like Smooth Criminal huh?) At the end of Caught Up Usher wears a suit with big sunglasses and gloves. As soon as he walks on stage he does a turn throws up one arm and says OHH. Sounds like Michael to me. Any other thoughts. I think Usher is a great singer and dancer i'm not baggin on him I just think when he had his own image like in My Way era he was ten times better.

28 Replies to Is Usher a MJ knockoff

FINALLY!!!!!!
By hotmovez
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 01:31 AM
Removed by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-03-22 08:14:52 There's no need to shout. Turn off your caps-lock.
FINALLY I HEAR SOMEBODY SAY IT !!!! IT HAS BEEN ON MY MIND FOR LONG WHILE SINCE "CONFESSIONS" DROPPED.USHER IS GREAT PERFORMER BUT HIS STYLE AND IMAGE IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN FOR ME. HE GET'S ALL THIS PLAY FOR HIS STYLE SINCE THE BUTTON-DOWN FRENZY! I KNOW AND YOU KNOW HE WAS NOT FIRST MAN OR WOMAN TO DRESS SOME JEANS UP!ALSO HIS IMAGE IS GETTIN HORRIBLE BECAUSE THIS WHOLE
" WHO'S CHEATING BUT I'M CHEATING AND ABOUT TO BE A FATHER " IMAGE IS NOTHING TO GET THE LIME LIGHT FOR AT ALL!I FEEL USHER HAS GREAT TALENT'S BUT IF HE JUST FINDS WHO THE REAL MAN IS INSIDE WITHOUT JUMPING FROM WOMAN TO WOMAN, HE WILL BE BETTER OFF IN LONG THE RUN.-HOLLA!
re: Is Usher a MJ knockoff
By Iridescencemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 01:39 AM
Maybe it isn't actually Usher himself, but his producers and the people who create his image? I think Usher is subtly different to Michael Jackson because they've both got different styles, but are scarily parallel. Just my thought.
By Pipringals05
On Sun Feb 20, 2005 04:21 PM
I think usher gets his inspiration from mj but its flatering not copying.
By jermio
On Wed Feb 23, 2005 07:41 PM
I think usher took what he liked from MJ's dance and added his own flavor. I personally like the way usher dances better. MJ is tight, but a little to out there for me! JUST MY OPINION...dont trip all u mj lovers!
By BleeBetts
On Thu Feb 24, 2005 06:11 AM
I'm not only talking about the way Usher dances. I'm talking about how he always wears a glove or gloves now and big sunglasses all the time. Things like that. The caught up video is like smooth criminal with a love preformance at the end. I noticed something else in the video He goes up on his toes like Michael does it's near the end.
By usherlover
On Thu Feb 24, 2005 06:58 AM
I think everybody has somebody they look up to i dont think it is something people need to make a big deal over if you notice somebody is copying somebody.
By usherlover
On Thu Feb 24, 2005 07:04 AM
I think everybody has somebody they look up to i dont think it is something people need to make a big deal over if you notice somebody is copying somebody.
Dillio
By DanChiP3
On Sun Mar 20, 2005 06:50 PM
Yeah! Usher does take alot after micheal but you wont see him anymore cause he is done with entertainment he ownes a basket ball team now.
never
By youndblood
On Sun Mar 20, 2005 07:02 PM
no usher is not another mj
usher likes women
What is on my mind
By usherlover
On Tue Mar 22, 2005 06:49 AM
Edited by usherlover (123312) on 2005-03-22 06:39:24 I ha dmisspelled words and left out something
Edited by usherlover (123312) on 2005-03-22 06:41:01 I had misspelled words
It is true Usher like WOMEN not little boys or girls (R-Kelly) anyways off the subject you guys or girls have to keep in mind that usher dont Choreogragh his own stuff, and just because he got HALF of a baskerball team he is not going to stop he made that clear if you were a true Usher fan you would know that so dont go saying stuff you dont know!!!!!! DanCHIP3(Hint Hint)
By MaceoshiValley
On Fri Mar 25, 2005 04:22 AM
Well you also have to consider that Usher has a dance choreographer who basicly introduces and makes up the moves that Usher does Laurie Ann Gibson for example, one of if not the best choreographers in the game today does alot of Usher's training as well as Alicia Keys and others. Of course I'am not saying Usher can't dance on his own. Peep out Laurie Ann on Making The Band 3 on MTV
By yessy
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 01:53 PM
gotta agree with usherlover. He's just got part of the cavs....he's a very busy man, but is definately not leaving the industry anytime soon...the man is seriously on fire! He'd be a FOOL to leave now! As far as the MJ knockoff? Nah. He's very heavily influenced by him...perhaps it's a thing to help michaels image with the court stuff going on, a lot of people are really trying to show their support for him. Might sound funny, but you know how the industry is! Usher is always changing his style for the times (as most of you said, mainly in thanks to his producers) and what you're noticing now will only be temporary before he goes on to something else. That's my 10 cents :)

Love in dance,

Yessy
By oneluvdancer
On Thu Apr 07, 2005 09:42 PM
I wonder when lovers and friends video coming out. Any way Usher got his moves from MJ. So he let it be known. Simple as that.
By Sidestep
On Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:00 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-08-31 11:48:06 Profanity is not allowed.
Usher's a good dancer but he's not good anough and telented enough to make his own moves. People say he's got his own style, that simply aint true. He hasn't created his own style he's just created some moves like all dancers do, i mean i'v created alot of my own moves but it's not a different dance style like Michael Jackson created. Usher is basically a body popper that does abit of break dance moves in there. He's a realy good dancer, he'd kick my ass on the dance floor but he hasn't got his own style man. He gets alot from MJ, i'v even seen him kick his legs out and grab his crotch. My personal opinion is Michael Jackson is the greatest dancer in history, he desrves much more credit then he gets. He's so talented even them racist Elvis loving pricks in Santa Maria wanna take him down with all this crap thats goin on.

Comment #3307119 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-08-31 11:49:03 Double post

everybody else does it?
By hotmovez
On Wed Apr 20, 2005 06:53 PM
Usher is talented but his style is getting old along with everybody else who is on this MJ knockoff style routine thing that these "Stars" claim to have.I feel these simple knockoff routines with popping and locking are making it more harder for upcoming Dancers like myself to let there original style shine through the spotlight we call Fame.
By poplock
On Fri Apr 22, 2005 09:32 PM
I think he is paying homage to MJ. I also fill that the nuskool generation is basically taking something old and adding to it. Usher is talented but I dont think he has acheived the complete crossover appleal that Mike had back in the day. Usher is still young so one never knows.
By skip718
On Sat Apr 23, 2005 04:46 PM
and mj is a bruno "pop 'n' Taco" falcon knockoff...

whats the point.?..
We all do it
By kickstand
On Tue Apr 26, 2005 03:03 PM
If you go to any dancer and ask them where they get inspiration for there moves 9 time out of 10 its going to be from another dancer. Who better strive for in dance male wise then MJ.
thats wack
By In2wishin
On Sun May 08, 2005 09:14 PM
michael jackson has influenced every hip hop dancer alive one way or another. directly or indirectly, many moves came from his style or variations of it. usher is a crazy inovator of his own, and has influenced many others himself. he is mos def his own person, and will never be remembered as a wannabe or an impersonator.
By all_eyez_on_me
On Sat May 14, 2005 11:54 AM
Removed by glitterfairy (42646) on 2005-05-21 06:18:47 No netspeak please! Spell out all words in full!
iz ur momma a mj knockoff look usher got more talented than u and ur fam. put 2gether so u need 2 do sum serouis thinking b foe u ever put up a post like that cuz alot of people will start roasting u bad
Usher.. a knock off of...MJ???
By Diamond_dancer_1
On Sat May 14, 2005 05:46 PM
Usher is so... totally a knock off of MJ! But I do have to give him the credit...i mean it's Usher, he's totally hot these days and lots of peeps like him!
By whatspoppin
On Mon May 16, 2005 10:12 AM
Growing up, it would seem, Usher idolized Michael Jackson. He even made an appearance at Michael's 30th Anniversary Special; by the way, he and Michael almost glided right into each other at the end of "You Rock My World". So it makes sense that there is a little Michael in Usher's flavor. That's how it was for Michael during his youth: watching and emulating the great James Brown. So what's the big deal trying to be more like your idol when your idol is the greatest entertainer of his time?
By NeoSoulchildmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 21, 2005 02:52 AM
Yes, Usher is an MJ knock off.... it's one thing to show a little MJ influence in your moves, but it's another when everything looks exactly the same as MJ's moves.

Yes, James Brown was an influence to Mike and Prince, but they both took his influences and molded it into their own style. MJ has influenced alot of dancers... that's who made the robot and pop lockin'. Also, don't you see a little MJ in Ciara's dance moves... especially "1,2 Step"? But that's just it... she put a little of MJ's style and morphed into her's.

Yes, Usher has a choreographer, but they choreograph according to the style of the artist, and the freestyle section is the artist's own creation. I've seen stuff done behind the scenes... that's how I know.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed