Forum: General / Hip Hop / Battles

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Is Usher a MJ knockoff
By whatspoppin
On Sun May 22, 2005 11:15 AM
Just to clear things up, Michael Jackson did not invent the robot, he did not invent popping, and he also did not invent locking. Originating in Los Angeles, Locking was invented by Don Campbell in the late 1960s. Originally called the "Campbellock". After seeing the Original Lockers perform on television, Boogaloo Sam was inspired to create his own style of dance. So he and his brother, Poppin' Pete founded popping in the early to mid-70's.
Finally, there isn't a bigger Michael Jackson fan than me, at least to my knowledge. To most real MJ fans, it's common knowledge that he has studied popping under Poppin' Taco(Bruce Falcon). Coincidentally, Poppin' Taco is a member of the Electric Boogaloos, along with Boogaloo Sam and Poppin' Pete, the originators of the dance. So try to do your homework before you start to tell people things that are, frankly, just wrong.
By Invent
On Sun May 22, 2005 11:35 AM
Whatspoppin:

You can do somemore homework yourself... ready for a lesson???

Let's start with Taco, it's easier to swallow:
His first name is BRUNO.

Don Cambellock:
Created locking in 1970. The Lockers (now known as the Original Lockers) were founded in 1972.

Boogaloo Sam:
DID NOT CREATE POPPING AND BOOGALOO.
He was inspired by a guy who won the Fresno Relays back in 1972, and the styles of the robot and hitting have been around since the late 60's. The first popping crew was the Black Messengers around 1972. (All Bay area)

*tsk tsk*
See what real out of the net research can do???
Invent
By whatspoppin
On Sun May 22, 2005 01:00 PM
Edited by whatspoppin (96963) on 2005-05-22 13:00:28
Removed by MIClogger (28613) on 2005-05-22 14:08:35 Way over the top with the language, dude. This is a family friendly site - you can't talk like that!
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-08-31 11:50:36 Profanity is not allowed.
Skip, to me, you don't look like a pussy. So get off my dick. If I wanted to get particular I would have looked some stuff up.
By Invent
On Sun May 22, 2005 01:33 PM
Sorry buddy... this is stuff you can't just look up.
Invent
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed