Forum: Music / Choreography:Pop

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Jennifer Lopez - GET RIGHT (karma: 1)
By darcey
On Wed Feb 23, 2005 08:42 AM

Here’s one of my favourite choreos at the moment. Please let me know if you like it, if you’re having trouble with some of the descriptions or anything, let me know!!!
(I’d request this choreography for advanced dancers, not for Beginners.)

Begin with the beat – I think after two 8-counts.

Jennifer Lopez “Get Right”
Choreographed by D.Darsch December 2004

- Walk 2 steps, begin with right
- Take right leg into a wide second position
- Turn hip twice, slowly, (to the right, back, to the left, front...) while doing so right arm is in a low V position, turn your hand, just like your hip
- turn upper body + face to the right side and lean back a little bit, take your left arm and swing it in a circle: to the back (lean upper body forward) over your head and to he right/in front of you (lean back)
- Now take right arm to the side and then around your head, while doing this take upper body back + face back to facing the audience / front (=Right hand swings over your head then to your left ear then behind your head)
- Shut right leg into first position parallel (both feet and legs are next to each other, touching) and let upper body fall down towards your knees your head should fall last, face the audience as long as possible, bend your right arm, hand is flexed ( fingers should be facing the ceiling / hand is now in front of your chest) you should now be looking at your knees
- Lift head, (you can see the audience now, but upper body is still close to your knees) bend your knees slightly.
- Push your right elbow to the left and – and then back. Repeat. Shake your hip to the left while pushing left elbow to the left. (imagine that there’s a wall right next to your left, and you’re trying to brake it by using your elbow J)
- Take both arms to the left, open right leg into second pos., turn hip once over the right side (=to the right, back, left, front, rigt.) while turning hip – take both arms from the left over the front to the right side.
- Shut left leg into first pos. (explained earlier) , turn to the right side and take both arms up.
- Take both arms down, like the were wings, squat down.
- Open right leg into second pos. (you’re still facing the right side), bend knees slightly, upper body should be leaning forward, take both arms to the left side, (like in a low V pos. But both arms are in a left Low V pos.) Now bend right arm and push it up (diagonal) shake upper body and right hip to the right. Repeat, hands should be fists.
- Place left hand on your right shoulder (or a little bit lower), take one step backwards with your right leg, swing right arm into a right T. + Jazz hand,
- Take one step back with left leg, swing right arm into a left T
- Take right leg into a second pos., swing right arm back into a right T.
- Step back with right leg, take right arm in front of you, left arm into a left T. (prepare for a turn), bend left knee, turn once over the right side, right leg is passé , take right arm around your head while you turn (as explained earlier: (=Right hand swings over your head then to your left ear then behind your head)
- Land in first pos. Parallel – face the audience, let upper body fall towards your knees (as done earlier).
- Get back up, upper arms are close to your sides, Forearms are to each side
- (= like a small L with your arms) Hands should be Fists, Now shake hip and chest 4 times (fast) (right, left...)
- Let upper body fall down again, get back up
- take both hands behind your ears (= ) and do a “Wave” with your body, (= bend knees slightly, take your belly button to the front then up – back (Contract) , then down, and back to the front) Repeat.

TO BE CONTINUED – (IF REQUESTED)

MOTIONS

(Because it is a lot easier for me to explain certain arm motions, I use Cheerleading descriptions to do so!)

T Motion: Arms are brought to out to the sides, should be parallel to the
Floor. ---- ((())) ----
High V / V: Your arms are placed above head basically in a V position. \ O /
Low V : Just like the above, but the opposite.

30 Replies to Jennifer Lopez - GET RIGHT

re: Jennifer Lopez - GET RIGHT
By chica101
On Tue Mar 08, 2005 03:46 PM
could you send me the rest of the choreography? my email address is solange411@msn.com. thanks so very much.:):):):):):)!!!!
By DancinDyvalicous
On Fri Mar 11, 2005 06:23 PM
Do you have the dance Break Moves??? I have learned the first three counts but am stuck on a part...
By annasor
On Sat Mar 12, 2005 04:56 AM
could you send me the rest please to Lion_Jellycat@Hotmail.com
By darcey
On Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:44 AM
the dance break moves??? You mean from her video??? If so, no!

I will try to send you the rest as soon as possible- but it wil take me at least 2 days. I didn't choreograph the entire song, though ...
DARCEY
By dancer_chick92member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 17, 2005 01:18 PM
Could you send it to me please at rockroyalty_babe666@hotmail.com thanks.

~^*dancin chic*^~
By bexie
On Mon Mar 21, 2005 03:45 AM
Please can you send me the rest of this choreography i need something new for the girls i teach!!!!

20148407@citysun.ac.uk

Thanks!!!!
By kit4485
On Thu Mar 24, 2005 02:00 PM
Hi, that choreography looks great, but I wouldn't email it to anyone.....other wise you'll wind up with a thousand requests. If you are going to share it, you might as well just post it. Good luck, it looks great!
hey im new but.....
By dancechicka218
On Fri Mar 25, 2005 03:53 PM
can u send me the rest of the dance too? its the bomb girl! im new here but u can email me at.......keke218@stny.rr.com
By darcey
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 07:27 AM
HEY

I didn't have any time to finish the choreo yet. But as soon as it will be done I will add it. I guess it will be done by friday.
DARCEY
By Danceandglitter
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 08:17 AM
hey can you please send the rest of the dance to me aswell please? my address is Sparkling_stage_star89@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you x
By annasor
On Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:01 AM
hey sounds great so far may you send me the rest. My email is Lion_Jellycat@Hotmail.com
hey can you....
By dancechicka218
On Sun Apr 03, 2005 04:40 PM
hey Darcey, can you please email me at keke218@stny.rr.com? I got a dance that I'm making up that you can have when I'm done, but just email me 'cause i want the dacne for "Get Right". I was about to make one but I'm liking yours.Thanks!

HOLLA!

~*keke*~
get right jlo
By dancin_princess1
On Mon Apr 04, 2005 07:22 AM
hi could you send me the choreography (all of it) for jlo get right its my favourite song at the mo.Thanks xx
By darcey
On Sat Apr 09, 2005 01:56 PM
hey

I have like 10 more 8-counts to that song. But that is about it. If you want them i will send them to you. But I haven't choreograped the entire song. Because it is getting on my nerves and I usually always cut pieces of different songs together and mix them. Because It is boring to dance to only one song - that's just my oppinion...

DARCEY
hey
By dancechicka218
On Sat Apr 09, 2005 03:22 PM
Can you send me those 10 more 8-counts? thanks. email me at keke218@stny.rr.com

holla!
Get right Live performance Video
By dancingrose
On Thu Apr 14, 2005 06:38 PM
Hey ya'll: I too...like EVERYONE else am trying to get the choreography down...I've got a video of a live performance for 'Get Right' that she did in Europe. I don't know if I can send it to anyone who might like to see it but it offers more of the choreography...she changes it up a bit...but not much at all. Anywho if anyone's got it down don't hesitate to email me, I'd greatly appreciate it thanx! ygotmail_17@yahoo.com.
By xSupastarxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 24, 2005 03:39 PM
It sounds good, I just need to work it out in steps now! Thanks ;)
By nat_m_angel
On Thu Apr 28, 2005 07:58 PM
could you please email the rest of the choreography to me??? my mail is: naty_pascuali@yahoo.com.ar thanks a lot... i really appreciate it!
re: Jennifer Lopez - GET RIGHT (karma: 1)
By darcey
On Fri Apr 29, 2005 02:22 PM
Okay, i finally have time to post more of my steps. Here are some more steps...
I personally don't like em as much as the others...but my kids/teens that i teach love this part... Hope you like it!
DARCEY

JENNIFER LOPEZ - GET RIGHT
Choreographed by D. Darsch, March 2005

1) One step with right foot
2) Cross left leg over right leg, toss arms to the left side
3) Turn to the back, while you turn place left hand on right shoulder
4) Jump up, land in second pos. So that you are standing diagonal (facing the right corner in the back)
5) Turn upper body to the front - back again - and back to the front
6) Take right leg into passé parallel, lean back a little and take right arm straight up and around your head
7) Set right foot on the floor ( 4th pos. Parallel) right and left arms are in front on body, palms are touching
8) Cross left leg over right leg and take hands over right shoulder (still touching)
9) Open right leg into second pos. (parallel) and take arms over left shoulder (you should be facing the audience now)
10) Shake hip to the right and arms as in #8: hands are over right shoulder
11) Repeat 10.
12) Take right foot into 4th pos. Parallel (right is in front of left) foot is flexed (only heel is touching floor)
13) Bend right leg so that you are standing on the complete foot, slide left foot next to right one - but it is pointed while doing so take right arm to the back - straight up and to the front: hand is flexed, left hand is still placed on right shoulder
14) Stand on both feet, move with your hip to the right so that you turn and you are facing the left corner - upper arm is against your side and under arm is straight up, hand is flexed while you turn move hand to the right
15) Turn so that you are facing the back - move hand to the left
16) Move again so that you are facing the right corner, move hand again
17) Take right leg to the front and bend it: take both arms to the front and upper body to the front, back is hollow
18) Move arms to the back again and lean back
19) Take arms to the front - to the back - and to the front again (= arms shouldn't be completely straight more like doing a 'wave' with your arms)
By xLaDiiDanCerx
On Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:47 AM
This is very good choreography!
By angelwings98
On Wed Jun 01, 2005 01:49 PM
Hey Darcy,

Could you please send more on Jennifer Lopez - Get Right choreography?
Thanks,
Tammy--tam_dance.inc@rogers.com
By xrockachicx
On Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:37 AM
thats good can you please send me the rest? my email adress is : xrockachicx@hotmail.co.uk thanks! x
By superstar_01member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 04, 2005 01:48 AM
WOW I have just tried your dance and its great!! you are an amazing choreographer!!
Love Becca xoxox
By darcey
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 09:21 AM
HEY THANKS EVERYONE!!!
I haven't been to this forum for a while... and I didn't expect that anyone would still reply to this post... I have just filmed my dance squad perform this choreo - but I don't know how to put it on-line - if anyone knows, let me know, than you can see how they dance it... I still haven't choreographed any new steps, but I will. So as soon as my new steps are done I'll post them here!!! If you need any other cool songs to perform to, I'd request STEP INTO MY WORLD by Jennifer Lopez!!!!
DARCEY
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch