Forum: Disco / Disco - Slow Dance

Disco - Slow Dance
No Karma for photos! (karma: 2)
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Sun Mar 20, 2005 06:51 PM

Some time ago, this issue came up and it was decided that karma would be disallowed for photos, as it was being badly abused. That goes for all boards.

We are working on a system that does not involve karma to reward or point out pictures that you enjoy. Until that time, however, karma is not the way, and will be removed from those posts.

Mod Squad.

4 Replies to No Karma for photos!

re: No Karma for photos!
By Tabbymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4988, member since Mon May 17, 2004
On Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:37 AM
when the 'reason' plan on karma comes into action, may we give karma to photos, as long as the reason is a good one, not just 'nice pic, cheers' but more like 'thanks for taking the time and care to make this for me xox'
would that be fair? as long as the reason is good I don't see a problem, and if you feel the karma was not deserved, you can remove it

tabby x.o.x
re: No Karma for photos! (karma: 1)
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Sat Mar 26, 2005 05:29 PM
When it comes into existance, yes, although we shall see... there is STILL a huge abuse of karma going on :S

I've seen many posts given karma simply for saying "fab cozzie! You look great!" but... even as a mod, am I entitled to removing that karma simply because I personally feel it is not deserving? Highly debatable issue.

We currently work on a trust system where we trust members to only give karma to insightful/truly helpful posts. Hopefully no-one is abusing the system... we hope... otherwise new rules will have to be implemented :(
By kaaaren Comments: 84, member since Tue Jun 03, 2003
On Thu Jul 15, 2010 01:30 PM
hi glitterfairy - my daughter and I are new to this site, can you tell me what 'karma' is and how it is used please?
By JordanGmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1866, member since Thu Jul 16, 2009
On Mon May 02, 2011 01:03 PM
Hi.. please could you tell me what a karma is and what do you have to do get it? x
Thanks
Jordan (Goose)x

ReplySendWatch