Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Color Guard
Show themes en>fr fr>en
By guardbabe07 Comments: 91, member since Wed Jul 14, 2004
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 08:03 AM

What is everyones show themes for the all 2005 season?

my schools is beethoven. :)

43 Replies to Show themes

re: Show themes en>fr fr>en
By INsanEtwirler73 Comments: 195, member since Fri Jan 09, 2004
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 03:23 PM
Are you in the orchard park guard?

Our theme is "only time," it pretty much focuses around a clock... it's different! I cant easily say that.
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 03:25 PM
no, I've never heard of them I go to Waukesha South
Show themes en>fr fr>en
By flagchic Comments: 45, member since Wed Dec 15, 2004
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 04:51 PM
Wow, y'all already know your themes for next year? We don't get to know our until the end of the school year, after the spring concert. Lucky y'all.
On Mon Mar 28, 2005 06:19 PM
Oh, I figured she meant for this season. Which is now over for us.*sigh*

I was just woundering guardbabe, because I saw this other guard that did beetoven's fifth symphony or something like that. It was awesome because their floor was a music staff.

Our coaches are working for the next season, my band teacher likes to tease me about it. I'm dying to know.
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:41 AM
oh, i think we are doing some 5th sympany stuff (sorry i cant spell) i think somehow our drum solo is coming from it
By Firebirdbornredy Comments: 93, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:06 PM
we are doing sir duke by stevie wonder. dont know what next year will be because next year i will be moving up to solastic A
By Munki03 Comments: 238, member since Mon Dec 15, 2003
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 05:06 PM
We are doing "I can see clearly now" by Holy Cole Trio, it's great show :)
John Barnes Chance Music en>fr fr>en
By sancerchick24 Comments: 54, member since Sat Apr 23, 2005
On Sun May 01, 2005 01:28 PM
We are doing Music by John Barnes Chance. Incantation and dance and Variations on a Korean Folk Song are the actual songs for the show.
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5167, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Sun May 01, 2005 03:50 PM
I'm graduating-- so I won't be in the show. BUT-- they're doing Les Miserables. I am SO jealous. It's my favorite musical ever.

The songs are: 'The Work Song/At The End Of The Day', 'I Dreamed A Dream', 'Attack on Rue Plumet', and 'One Day More'.
By valerie9 Comments: 109, member since Thu Jan 13, 2005
On Tue May 17, 2005 12:27 PM
the theme for our up-coming year is Shall We Dance from the J-Lo movie, but everyone wanted Aladdin!*sigh
By guardkixtush247 Comments: 24, member since Wed Feb 11, 2004
On Sat May 21, 2005 09:14 AM
Our Marching Band Show (Stratford High School of Goose Creek SC) is entitled REVOLUTION!
The Music:
Introduction / Opener – "Insurrection/Devastation"
Shostakovich, Dimitri; Symphony No. 10 – Allegro
Ballad – "Mourning and Remembrance"
Shostakovich, Dimitri; Novorosiisk Chimes (The Fire (Flame) of Eternal Glory)
Closer – "Defiance, Passion, and Triumph"
Shostakovich, Dimitri; Symphony No. 5 – Allegro non troppo

It is about not conforming to society and it will be up to the colorguard to make the show completly successful...
The guard will have costume changes and props. They will be wearing removable Graffiti words that represent REVOLUTION such as (Freedom...etc...) In the begining of the show the guard will be against a large prop in the back of the field that resembles a wall. The guard will act as the Graffiti on the wall and at some time during the show spraypaint on the wall. The colorguard will remove parts of the graffiti off of thier uniforms throughout the show. We will also create an effect of an instant costume change. We'll have double sided and custom made flags for effect. At the end of the show one guard person will turn around and will be the only guard person left with Graffiti on their back. It will be absolutely incrdible if we can pull it off.
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1707, member since Wed Mar 30, 2005
On Tue May 24, 2005 01:32 PM
for marching season its funk like brickhouse and stuff its awesome
By littledancerr Comments: 3, member since Mon Jun 13, 2005
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 06:59 PM
based on the musical .. WICKED!!
By guardedPremium member Comments: 203, member since Fri Jun 04, 2004
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:14 PM
My school's theme is the "Divine Comedy" based on Dante's book from the Renaissance.
By shy_angel_Mandy Comments: 12, member since Fri Jul 18, 2003
On Sat Jun 18, 2005 09:18 PM
littledancerr are you from Texas?

My schools doing a show called Fantasmic. It's a colletion of disney songs.
By insanetwirlerlea Comments: 20, member since Mon Feb 28, 2005
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:05 AM
My school's show for winter season was Phantom of the Opera and for marching season we're doing SHREK!!!!
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 07:07 AM
that is defitintly the coolest show theme.

is lea one of your names? i saw it in your username. Lea is rockin name :))
By SLBdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2115, member since Sat Jul 20, 2002
On Sun Jun 26, 2005 06:04 PM
We're doing Southwestern Sketches: music inspired by the artwork of Georgia O'Keefe

Hey GuardKixTush247--We did most of the same Shostakovich songs last year! lol! It was awesome...i luved the music
By guardkixtush247 Comments: 24, member since Wed Feb 11, 2004
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 04:26 PM
Hey there...did ya really?...I think the music's ok...I havent really gotten into it yet..but I'll take your word.
; )
By angelchiki1389 Comments: 3, member since Sat Aug 13, 2005
On Sat Aug 13, 2005 06:12 PM
This year our Marching Band's theme is A Tribute to the Eagles. Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing a show like that before?
On Sun Aug 14, 2005 09:25 AM
I've never heard of anyone doing "A Tribute to the Eagles." But I've seen a lot of groups make their theme all around one band's music. I've seen a group perform to music by Queen, it was awesome!
By AndanteDante Comments: 5, member since Fri Aug 12, 2005
On Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:29 PM
Our school has always done somewhat dark and odd titles...

My first year it was Electricity (not too odd), last year it was The Scream (based off the painting The Scream), and this year it's Indigenous (like native. No, not corny with bow and arrows and feathers. More abstract and extremely violent).
By Orangesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4291, member since Wed Jun 23, 2004
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 06:28 PM
Im not really do guard this year..just helping out with it--but we are doing Mama Mia!

Oranges/Sarah
By VJAguardgirl Comments: 18, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Tue Aug 30, 2005 04:32 PM
Our show is Escapade.. The music is by Joseph Spaniola. It's so amazing. In segment 1, the whole guard starts out dancing, then it splits into dancers and rifles, then about 2/3 through the dancers pull out swing flags. Segment 2 starts out with flags and sabres, then everyone is on flag, then all the flags pick up rifles. At the end of segment 2 (the ballad), we're going to throw our guns down and the "funk" section will begin, and everyone will dance (including flutes!). Then the whole guard will leave the field and come back in groups of 7, and segment 3 will be a whole guard flag feature. Another cool thing is our uniforms. They will start out all gray with a green stripe at the neck and the tops will be 3/4 sleeves and the pants will be capri-length. After segment 1, we will pull out our sleeves to full length and have a purple stripe on the arms and spin purple flags. After the segment 2, we will pull the pant legs out and have a blue stripe and then we'll spin blue flags during segment 3 (after the funk). Then when we leave the field, we'll tuck the colors back in and come out in just gray again. It's going to be so amazing. I can't wait til we perform.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch