Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Page:
Page 3 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 1)
By Napolimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:10 PM
Maybe I missed this but I didn't see many references to the Bible about homosexuality like MIClogger asked. I for one don't believe everything the Bible says but I do believe in God and Jesus. I have many many homosexual friends and it doesn't bother me at all I am just posting some of the things the Bible says about homosexuality for MIClogger

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22 (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 3)
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:14 PM
Leviticus also says that pork and shrimp are abomination to eat, but locusts and grasshoppers are okay.
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right?
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 07:35 PM
With every passion of my heart I think it's right. You know, Eve could've once been Steve, but gotten some changes done... You never know.. Hahaha I'm not even taking this seriouly anymore, it's a good laugh.

Theresa: You rock my [insert profanity here] socks.
By DancerUSA92
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:05 PM
I'm sick of everyone acting like this!
I understand that you have different opinions and I'm willing to listen to them. I just think that you're going at this completely in the wrong direction!
And just so ya'll know...I'm NOT 12. Try 15...
God loves everyone...I know that.
But he doesn't always love what everyone does.
I've sinned, he doesn't love what I've done.
I'm not going to say what I did, but last year, because of one of my sins...I could have died instantly. I didn't though. I asked God for forgiveness and he forgave me.
People who are gay/lesbian are commiting a sin.
They just plain are. It's that simple.
But they can change...and in my opinion it IS a choice. You can choose.
If God doesn't want that...HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!
In case you don't recall...or just don't know. God made the world sinless. Adam and Eve sinned, which brought sin into the world and made us ALL sinners and I'm not afraid to say that. It says in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah that homosexual/gay/lesbian...was WRONG.
That's just the facts.
If you're going to yell at me this whole time then I personally don't wanna read your post AT ALL. There's no point.
This wasn't meant to be a yelling match. People were just suppossed to share their opinions. THAT'S ALL!
Almost all of you are making this bigger than it really needs to be...so personally I think that you need to get a life!
Almost all of you are saying "I don't care what people think about me, I've moved on. I'm sick of people nagging me about this."
If that's the case...then how come you're bothering to tell me all of this stuff you really couldn't care less?!
People who are gay/lesbian have committed a sin...but that doesn't make them a bad person.
I never said I hated them...everyone is just coming up with that on their own.
If this bothers you so much then don't read this!!!! You can choose not to...so just don't.
Everyone has control over their actions.
Get over it, that's the facts.
You can stop overreacting now and making this bigger than it has to be.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:14 PM
^ DancerUSA do you realize with every post that you have posted you have dug yourself a bigger hole????

Who are YOU to say that YOU are right and everyone else is wrong??? You wanted to post this for DDN to see...Guess what...we saw it...Don't like how it got hot all of a sudden?

Too Bad...you posted it...we are commenting on it.

It’s a Debate...not everyone is going to agree with you....DEAL WITH IT!!!

Maggie
By DancerUSA92
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:16 PM
I know that not everyone will agree with me but no one has to start yelling at me for my opinion and what the Bible and God says.
That's what I believe.
I know that not everyone agrees with it and that's their choice. Whatever...
I couldn't care less anymore...
everyone's just kinda made this a huge deal and made it into a yelling match. It's a bit immature...
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:21 PM
What's immature is you refusing to allow for other opinions besides your own. You posted this debate using very narrow, self-righteous phrasing, and people of ALL orientations became very offended. Not all of us believe in God or the Bible, and even many of us who do, do not see homosexuality as a sin.

I, personally, think it's disgusting that you seem to think you know the absolute answer on this subject. Unless you have personally spoken to God, and he has told you that he thinks being gay is a "wrong choice", written it on a stone tablet, it's only YOUR OPINION.

As our dissenting opinions, similarly, are also our own opinions, and no less valid than yours.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:24 PM
^
And like I said before...
It’s a Debate...not everyone is going to agree with you....DEAL WITH IT!!!

This is the internet....people will not always see eye to eye with you...most of the members that have commented on this thread know that...most of us will log off tonight with no hard feelings...

I don't know how you can say that people are taking this too seriously...because guess what...most of us don't.

You stated your opinion and so did the rest of the members...that’s not immature...that’s what debating is about.

Maggie
By Lavendarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:30 PM
Seriously, has God told you that you are to be the almighty ruler of sinful humans?

You are so naive to think that what you believe is FACT. You said that yourself. That your belief and opinion is the only fact there is. You could not be more wrong if you TRIED. For many, the Bible is not fact. Even for Christians. Throughout this thread there have already been MANY examples of ridiculous things in the Bible that no one pays attention to anymore.

And this IS a big deal. It's a huge deal because you are personally insulting many members of this site. I'm not homosexual, but I am incredibly insulted as well that any one could be so full of themselves to think they are superior enough to say these things.

As has been said, every time you post you're digging yourself a deeper hole.

Someday you're going to have to go out into the real world and meet all kinds of people. All of them will be different from you. You have to learn to accept all kinds of people or you won't get very far at all.

Homosexual people exist. They did not choose to be that way. (Not to say that they're unhappy with who they are.) Your "opinion" on whether or not it is a choice is irrelevant because you are not gay. How the heck would you know?

So just stop. Seriously...facts have been presented to you, while all you have is an opinion that you declare to be fact. Opinions aren't facts. Books written by old dead dudes who hated shrimp apparently are not entirely fact.

Facts are facts. The end.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:31 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2005-03-29 20:27:35 Mild Profanity......I know you are upset but please watch your mouth. :-)
I just think that you're going at this completely in the wrong direction!

Well that's great, because a lot of us seem to think that you are voicing your opinion in the wrong way.

I asked God for forgiveness and he forgave me.

That's great. But I am not going to pray to God for forgiveness on something I cannot control. It's either I lie about my sexuality or I am real about my sexuality. I guess I sin either way, and I am not a liar.

People who are gay/lesbian are commiting a sin.

If it was a sin, why would God make homosexuals in the first place?

But they can change...and in my opinion it IS a choice. You can choose

They say opinions are never wrong. But in this case...they are. OPEN YOUR EYES. There are homosexuals and bisexuals here telling you that they did NOT choose it! I DID NOT CHOOSE IT! It's what I am, I cannot change. I think I know more about this then you do. Hate to be cocky, but I am the bisexual in this case.

If you're going to yell at me this whole time then I personally don't wanna read your post AT ALL.

Then don't read them. Simple as that.

. People were just suppossed to share their opinions. THAT'S ALL!

And that's what people are doing. I think you're overreacting.

Almost all of you are making this bigger than it really needs to be...so personally I think that you need to get a life!

EXCUSE ME?! It's not big when someone is putting down my sexuality? I am sorry, that is a big part of my life. I think you need to chill out and think before you speak. If you were African American and people were sitting here talking negativly about African Americans, wouldn't you get upset? Yes, you would. It's the EXACT same case.

I never said I hated them...everyone is just coming up with that on their own.

Again, no one said you said you hated them. You're making drama up that isn't even there.

If this bothers you so much then don't read this!!!! You can choose not to...so just don't.

If what I am saying bothers you so much, then don't read it. I am not going to sit back and relax when people are saying offensive things about me.

Get over it, that's the facts.
You can stop overreacting now and making this bigger than it has to be.

Nope, it's as far from fact as "I have $1,000,000 in my pocket" is. No one is overreacting about you. You're insulting people, people are bound to get angry.

everyone's just kinda made this a huge deal and made it into a yelling match. It's a bit immature...

Again, it is a huge deal. You're INSULTING people. You're not listening and you're set in your ways. It's not immature, it's people sticking up for their sexuality or those that they love that belong to the homosexual community.
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 3)
By vandoraPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:38 PM
Edited by vandora (101603) on 2005-03-29 20:26:21
The whole, "it's a choice" thing irks me. For a good reason.

I "choose" to ignore the fact that I was a lesbian. I spent 9 years miserable with a "nice boy", lying to my family and friends, my boyfriend, and myself. I ignored the fact that I didn't want to settle down with a nice boy, but I did anyway. I married him! I had to take Xanax to do it, but I did it. And I hated myself for it. I hated everyone around me for not really caring what I wanted, just that I was doing what they wanted. I was pretty messed up already, from other things, but my eating disorder, self-injury and suicidal thoughts came to an all time high after I was married. I basically told my husband not to expect me to live long. I wanted to DIE, because I was living a huge lie that PEOPLE EXPECTED ME TO LIVE.

After finally coming to terms with my sexuality, divorcing my husband, living with my girl, and getting my life back on track, I am no longer eating disordered, I no longer self-injure, and I no longer want to die. I'm, gasp, happy!

And you tell me I should choose NOT to be happy?

You try it. Live the opposite of the way you want to, the opposite of what feels right. Put your words to use in your life, and tell me how that works out. Because, I have, and I NEVER want to do it again.
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 6)
By fairy_dustmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:40 PM
Edited by fairy_dust (19771) on 2005-03-29 20:27:27
Something that I find to be a double-standard in many of these debates, is that while some (I said some, not all) people from the GLBT crowd (and those who agree with them) scream bloody murder when their beliefs are being compared to pedophilia or murder, they often don't think twice before comparing the beliefs of those who disagree with them to racial segregation. It works both ways, so if you want people to stop comparing your beliefs to pedophilia/murder/robbery/etc, stop comparing ours to apartheid/racism/sexism/etc.

That being said, I'm going to also say that I don't believe it's wrong to simply be gay. Whether or not people are born gay, it makes no difference to me. We're all presented with challenges in our lives. That doesn't mean we have to give in to temptation when we get tendencies to do certain behaviours. I believe that certain sexual acts are sins (whether the people who do them are gay or straight), but I will not treat someone badly if they engage in these acts. As long as the person respects me, I'll respect him/her. Respect goes both ways - if you want me to be nice to you, you should do the same to me. But if you start saying things like "people who don't believe in gay marriage are stupid and insane" or "people who believe (name religion, culture, or whatever)'s views on homosexuality are ignorant bigots who should shove their (name holy book or cultural/religious item) up their butts", you need to look at your own behaviour because you're doing exactly what you're accusing those who disagree with you of doing - judging people badly.
By Lavendarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:46 PM
Edited by Lavendar (63357) on 2005-03-29 20:35:16
^ There. Look. Someone with a somewhat different opinion posting like a literate person! Woohoo! Doesn't that look like fun? Why don't you try DancerUSA? Who is giving no respect to anyone here.

Beliefs differ...but you can't hide from true statements and we can't just put down a whole group of people. Fairy_dust is makes an excellent point that her beliefs don't have a double standard. They go for everyone. Not just a classified group. That's called prejudice. That is bad.
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:48 PM
"they often don't think twice before comparing the beliefs of those who disagree with them to racial segregation. It works both ways, so if you want people to stop comparing your beliefs to pedophilia/murder/robbery/etc, stop comparing ours to apartheid/racism/sexism/etc."

I'm not comparing it to racial segregation. I know they are two different things. I'm just saying, if someone were to insult you on something that is a huge part of your life...you're going to take it person and get angry.
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 08:53 PM
This is the reason I love Fairy_dust. I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but she presents her arguments clearly, strongly, and without getting upset.
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:05 PM
Physically you may be 15, but mentally, you come across as 12. Impressionable, and unable to look into matters before thinking about believeing them or not, just believeing whatever your mentor tells you.
By DanceChicky
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:28 PM
^^^^

Amen you summed up my thoughts exactly
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 2)
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:32 PM
"I'm sick of everyone acting like this!"

I'm sorry that you're so tired of everyone after being a member for just a few months, little noOblet. How about you stop hitting the enter key after every sentence?

"And just so ya'll know...I'm NOT 12. Try 15..."

Sorry, you still don't have the life experience and knowledge of some other members here. That's just the way it is.

"But they can change...and in my opinion it IS a choice. You can choose."

Are you serious? In YOUR opinion, you who wants them to change, YOU think it's a choice? Have you ever been a gay person? I don't think so.

"If God doesn't want that...HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!"

If God doesn't want what exactly? Are you arguing against yourself now?

"That's just the facts."

Yeah, the facts from THE BIBLE. Not everyone puts stock in the Bible. Some people think it's complete BS, to be frank. You can't use the Bible as hard fact unless you're talking to a group of people just like yourself...which would be scary, now that I think about it.

"If you're going to yell at me this whole time then I personally don't wanna read your post AT ALL. There's no point."

If you're going to continue being a noOb and making worthless posts, nobody wants to read your posts either. Except for this one...because it's gotten funny.

"Almost all of you are making this bigger than it really needs to be...so personally I think that you need to get a life!"

I think you're the one who needs to "get a life." Get out, learn a little, live life, learn about different people. There's more to the world than high school.

"If that's the case...then how come you're bothering to tell me all of this stuff you really couldn't care less?!"

Because you're having a fit and it's amusing.

"Everyone has control over their actions.
Get over it, that's the facts."

That's only one fact. Another fact is that your "facts" are incredibly biased, which discredits you to many people. That's just another fact for your file. And yes, we all have control over our actions. I decide to type coherently and like a normal human being. I didn't decide to have urges to dye my hair funny colors, or to do weird things with my clothes. Sure, I could "control my actions" and not do those things, but that would be denying who I am. People shouldn't have to do that.
By Napolimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:56 PM
I have something else to add. I have read over what the Bible says about homosexuality and I don't think God dislikes people who are gay but He dislikes homosexual acts.

Anyways, this has turned into a "what do others think of homosexuals" debate so I will state my opinion.

I have lots of gay friends and think they are awesome people. Who they want to date and what they want to do doesn't concern me.
By DanceChicky
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:39 PM
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:25:50
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:27:08
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:44:31
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:47:50
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:49:50
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:51:08
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:55:47
Edited by DanceChicky (53694) on 2005-03-29 22:56:41
Removed by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-03-29 23:16:44 See my PM
Guess what i found people

re: Never Been Kissed en>fr fr>en
By DancerUSA92 Comments: 5, member since Sat Jan 15, 2005

On Mon Mar 28, 2005 06:37 PM

like a lot of the other people said...i haven't been kissed either but i'm not real worried about it. i'm a little over 13 years old and i have a boyfriend. he's so awesome and everything but i'm not sure if i even want a kiss yet. i want to save that special first kiss for the right one (not that i don't love him, lol). i know that i still have time for my first kiss so i'm not going to worry about it. you'll know when it's the right time. you don't want to kiss a guy just so you can say that you had your first kiss.

I did a little looking around and found this

But i thought you were 15 DancerUSA92?????

Please explain?

So now i'm gonna warn you: what i have to say is gonna be something that you won't like

You go on about every sin is equal to God, he has no degree of how bad a sin is - a sin is a sin

Proverbs 6:16-19 says, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Now; who's sinned DancerUSA92?????? You got the lying tongue and the Lord hates it - read the verse from your precious, and so called factual bible, and according to you - your sin is just as bad as the "sin" of homosexuals. (notice the inverted comma's: representing that you have not yet proved to me and most others that it is a sin to love someone of the same gender as you)

Now you did previously say that you do lie and that you ask God for forgiveness and he forgives you

Fair enough, but the way i see this incident is that when you read what i have to say about this you aren't going to beg for Christ's forgiveness because you sinned; you're going to do it because you lied and someone caught you out; and now you look like a blooming idiot!!!

Before you lied about your age to prove disprove MY argument that you don't know what your talking about; and most people didn't agree with you on this homosexual sinning topic - but you still had a bit of respect.

But now that you've gone against your precious God in the most immature way - you certainly have NO respect from me

& guess what? i think its fair to say that you've pretty much lost your argument!!! Because your only options are to NOW discredit the Bible to cover up your error OR you'll be so embarrased that everyone else could argued until they go blue in the face, but you can't rebut ONE SINGLE POINT (whether its true or not) because every one will use this lying incident against you!

To all those who agreed with DanceUSA92 - i still respect your opinions because you voiced it with an argument that was free of cheap, lousy, hypocritical (and sinfull) lies!

But DanceUSA92 ------> we knew all along that you weren't mature enough to know ANYTHING about this topic and you've just gone and proved it! I'm proud of you
By KirstenLeeSmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:21 PM
Yes, it is right. God made us. God chooses how we feel. God also made our bodies which physically feel. If we can feel the love of a man or woman despite our own sex, and experience happiness, love, pleasure both emotionally or sexually, then how can this be wrong? I believe there is a reason people fall in love with the same sex. It is happiness, and THAT is what God wants.

There is the argument about procreation. We are living in a world that is vastly overpopulated, where our resources are dwindling day by day. Is it possible that a part of god's plan was to keep a balance in this way?

Just being democratic/some of my beliefs.
By DancerUSA92
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 03:38 PM
OMG! Not this again...
Whenever I make a statement like: I know that God loves homosexuals too, just not what they're doing....
Everyone always acts like I just said: God doesn't love homosexuals because of what they do!
It's starting to drive me nuts! Maybe if you would actually read what I said then you wouldn't make yourself look stupid. Again...a lot of the stuff you've said, I've already heard. You can judge and test my religion as much as you want...but it's the truth and it's the facts. That's what I'm sticking by.
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 03:44 PM
Everyone always acts like I just said: God doesn't love homosexuals because of what they do!

And where is it that people say that's what you're saying?

Maybe if you would actually read what I said then you wouldn't make yourself look stupid.

*I'm* making myself look stupid? Because I am standing up for myself! How stupid is that!

but it's the truth and it's the facts. That's what I'm sticking by."

No, you said homosexuality is a choice. No matter what you say, I know for a FACT that it is NOT the truth. Sorry, you can argue that point over and over again, but no matter what, I'm right.
By DancerUSA92
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 03:49 PM
I never said that people SAID that I said that....I said that people were acting like that cuz they kept saying the same stuff over and over...even when I proved them wrong already. When I said: I'm sticking by it cuz it's the truth and the facts...I was talking about the Bible...duh. That's what I mean when people are reading everything the wrong way. I say something and they change it to something else.
By Pasdekatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 03:52 PM
1. You have proved no one wrong.
2. I suggest you look at christiangays.com and read some of the articles.
Page:
Page 3 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed