Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Page:
Page 4 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 1)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 03:56 PM
One would think that, with so many people presenting facts which disprove an "opinion", one would see the light and put down one's spade.

One would be wrong.

Louise
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right?
By DefyingGravityPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:13 PM
Edited by EireRince87 (54553) on 2005-03-30 16:00:31 Hahaha, o Napoleon...
I keep coming to this thread just to get a good laugh.

If you picture DancerUSA92's replies being said by Napoleon Dynamite, it's absolutely hysterical. Then add "Tina, you fat lard" before every sentence. "Tina, you fat lard, I never said that people SAID that I said that..."

Hahahaha, o I love this...
By DancerUSA92
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:16 PM
Puh-leez...this is what I mean by overreacting. Everyone has made this into a yelling match...it was never meant to be that. You really need to get over yourself.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:16 PM
" I'm sticking by it cuz it's the truth and the facts...I was talking about the Bible...duh. That's what I mean when people are reading everything the wrong way. I say something and they change it to something else."

No, you said homosexuality is a choice. Listen to me now.

I am bisexual.

I did NOT, yes, that was NOT choose my sexuality. Think what you want, go by your Bible, but it's a FACT that I did n't choose this sexuality. K?

Glad that's all clear.

kthx.
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:19 PM
I just got a quick question for dancerusa...

I asked God for forgiveness and he forgave me.

Are you sure? Did he specifically say, 'I forgive you?' Like come down from the sky and tell you personally?

Just wondering.
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:28 PM
Oi, this hasn't turned into a yelling match. Just because people are against you doesn't mean we're overreacting or yelling.
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:30 PM
"You really need to get over yourselves"

What does that actually <i>mean</i>? It's just something people throw in when they've run out of arguments.

Louise
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 2)
By DanceChicky
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:31 PM
Here's what i have to say

Ok people my post got deleted because i caught our perfect little christian here out - and i pointed this out the wrong way - now i'm not allowed to say anything except last time i checked 3 people (including me) have figured it out.

So here is the bits of my original post that i'm allowed to say.

I'm gonna warn you: what i have to say is gonna be something that you won't like

You go on about every sin is equal to God, he has no degree of how bad a sin is - a sin is a sin

Proverbs 6:16-19 says, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Now you did previously say that you do lie.

Now; who's sinned DancerUSA92?????? You've got the lying tongue and the Lord hates it - read the verse from your precious, and so called factual bible, and according to you - your sin is just as bad as the "sin" of homosexuals. (notice the inverted comma's: representing that you have not yet proved to me and most others that it is a sin to love someone of the same gender as you)

You also said you ask God for forgiveness and he forgives you. Fair enough, but the way i see it is that you aren't begging for Christ's forgiveness because you sinned; you do it because you lied and someone caught you out. (And i know this for a fact)

You've gone against your precious God in the most immature way!!

Seriously DancerUSA92 -------> people are noticing something wrong in one of your arguments.....

And no its got nothing to do with homosexuals, nothing to do with God or the Bible its got to do with YOU! Your sin which is kinda proving to me; that you shouldn't be arguing stuff like this.

Personally I'm done with this thread: I'm really disappointed that my post got deleted - coz it would have lost you this argument - BUT don't think that you can keep going with it all - coz as i said; I know the truth, and so alot of others on here.

God luck getting God's forgiveness! (you're going to need it)
By NeoSoulchildmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:31 PM
Edited by tooty1981 (117377) on 2005-03-30 16:22:31 I did the quote wrong
Edited by tooty1981 (117377) on 2005-03-30 16:24:59 I messed up again!
Oh my! Don't you guys know you're being rude, and that's not well liked here on DDN! Those big, bad caps make you sound angry and maybe you all should move to a country where everyone's beliefs are the same! Pfffft! So much attitude!

Just joking! I had to put that in there! There really is no need for me to say anything, because alot of you hit the nail on the head. But I must say this:

Well, what would this world be like if you went to court for murder/robbery/pedophile/adultery/etc (all of these are SINS that I think you would all agree) yet the line of defense was "I was born this way -- you can't hold me accountable for what I did because this is the way that God created me". That sounds pretty lame doesn't it?

How crazy is that?!? Those things you mentioned ARE against the law, and so is sodomy and oral sex (somebody come cuff me... now!) But, homosexuality can't be compareable. You can have your beliefs, but to say that homosexuality is in the same catagory as "murder/robbery/pedophile/adultery", is pretty rude don't you think? The fact is that there many homosexuals, and that will never go away. Regardless if you believe it's wrong and that it says it in YOUR bible, what you said is pretty offensive to people who DON'T believe so. So, expect people to disagree and chew your head off.

I work, teach children, have disagreements with my husband, I went to war along with male soldiers and I'm a female... so am I sinning? The bible tells me so, so I guess all independent women out there are in the same catagory as murderers, robbers, pedophilers, and adulterers, huh?
By DefyingGravityPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:46 PM
"Tina, you fat lard, you really need to get over yourself, GOD."

Hahaha, I love it!

/end Napoleon highjacking. For now.
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:59 PM
^^ For now...oooh, ominous, I like it :)

Tina you fat lard, you need to get down on your knees and pray to the Lord our God that he will forgive your heinous sin of being a fat lard. Called Tina. You fat lard.

Louise
By DanceChicky
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 05:02 PM
Weezy, your hilarious!

Thanks for the comic relief
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 06:32 PM
"I never said that people SAID that I said that....I said that people were acting like that cuz they kept saying the same stuff over and over...even when I proved them wrong already. When I said: I'm sticking by it cuz it's the truth and the facts...I was talking about the Bible...duh."

All I can say to that is this: ROFLOFLOFL!!!! 111one1
By rallyhopbackPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 06:46 PM
I've read every post here and what I keep coming back to is DancerUSA92's assertation that the Bible is to be taken literally and that it is fact.

This astounds me because there are so many interpretations of the bible. I've got a bible at home that says it is bad to be a saleman. The same words are not used in other versions of the bible. So which one is fact? Who decides?

How do you debate an issue when the premise is so contrary to what most people believe? You say the Bible is a fact-based book and that gay people choose to be gay. Most people here do not agree with one or both of those statements. So you should expect some pretty emphatic responses pointing out other viewpoints.

Who we are and what we feel are not wrong or right. They just are. How we choose to act in the world, is what allows people to judge us, rightly or wrongly. And by telling us what God thinks about this issue, you are judging.

I don't believe people who identify their sexuality as GBLT choose a lifestyle. They discover their sexuality just like everybody does. Their sexuality is different than the majority's. So what? Why is that my business? Why is it my religion's business? Who does it harm?

You asked, "Gay and Lesbian...Do you think its right?" Well of course it is right for those who've discovered that is their sexuality. How could it be not right?

You've stated, in a round about way, that everybody can choose to sin or not. Sure, I'll agree with that statement, but not with your definition that all sins are equal. Nor do I agree that homosexuality is a sin. Nor is it a sin to be physically intimate with a person of the same gender. Nor is it a sin to love a person of the same gender.

I have to also agree with others who have stated that at the young age of 15, you shouldn't speak with authority on such weighty issues as these. It sounds like you're regurgitating what you've been taught, which at 15 is what many people do. Maybe in 10 years you'll have new opinions. Maybe not. I hope so.

In any case, you posted a question to the public. The question alone ticked off a number of people. You can't expect everybody to agree with you. You can't expect people to not get upset when you are judging and attacking them.
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 06:50 PM
First of all, you should read the sticky on the glbt board, ALL of it, before making these comments. You believe it is a choice? For some, it is, many women have been raped by men and chose to turn to women for love, I have found this a lot. However, for many people, it is a lifestyle they were born into

Now I resent the fact that you said your religion is the truth and the facts... How can you prove that? Please give me some physical evidence, that a supreme court jury could agree with you, that it is the truth. In your opinion it is the truth, but you can't tell me my religion is wrong. Don't believe you said that your religion is the truth? Well you did. Look:
You can judge and test my religion as much as you want...but it's the truth and it's the facts. That's what I'm sticking by.
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 06:56 PM
Rally, as normal, I love what you have to say. But there is just one thing I want to comment on.

"I have to also agree with others who have stated that at the young age of 15, you shouldn't speak with authority on such weighty issues as these. It sounds like you're regurgitating what you've been taught, which at 15 is what many people do"

I don't think we should judge the girl on her age. Yes, she's proving not to have the best debate skills. But I debates this same topic when I was 14 and 15. I wasn't the best debator, but I was okay at it.
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 07:07 PM
I can't find the comment, but someone said before, and I want to highlight it:

Homosexuality isn't right or wrong. It just is.
By Hazel
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 07:45 PM
I love you all :D
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 30, 2005 09:12 PM
My bisexual self feels the love.

And not the love of God; the love of DDN.

Even bettah.

XD ;P

That is all..
By rallyhopbackPremium member
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 09:58 AM
DLS:
You're right.
There are many people who offer great insights and ideas in discussions and debates here on DDN and they are relatively young. Remember I'm pretty old - years on planet, not necessarily maturity, and have experienced a lot of life.

I just found it amusing when somebody assumed she was 12, that she said, no, try 15. As if 3 years suddenly made her arguement more substantial, when in my mind it made it weaker.

When I was 15 I was questioning my beliefs and what I'd been taught, not proclaiming them as the absolute truth.

Apologies to any and all who may have taken offence or umbrage at that remark.
you are messed up (karma: 1)
By greenday_bitch
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 02:14 PM
Removed by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-03-31 15:26:50 Netslang.
i bett you nay money that one of your friends is secretly mabye a bit gay or bi- or that you will once in your lifetime thibka bout being if you dont you messed up ur so BRAINWASHED by your so called sanctuary of worship that you blind to everyother opion but yours
SORT YOUR LIFE OUT
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 08:45 PM
You're not trying to go against or be offensive to gays/lesbians? Then why does this exist? Why do you find it necessary to rail against the GLBT community, whacking us over the head with the "good book" (what irony!) until we try to "go straight"? Why do you find it necessary to tell us that you find us to be constantly living in sin, just because of how we were born? That's like saying that if the bible said being black was a sin, you would rail against black people, just because they happened to be born with darker skin than you.

Why do you think you are justified in this? Just because your bible tells you that you are allowed to tell us we are wrong, is it ever right to hate someone? Is it right to say that we aren't as good, or as proper, or even deserving of the same rights as you?

Imagine how many people this belief and this thread can hurt. I know. I was hurt by this. I am hurt by my friends, who say things like "that's so gay" and don't even know that they are insulting me personally, because they're using a sexuality as an insult. Are you right to hurt people? What happened to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" -- not just the words of one religion, but of all of humanity. We learned the "golden rule" in KINDERGARTEN. Clearly, you need to go back there. Learn to be kind, and learn to share your world with people of beliefs other than yours. Just because I don't believe in what some random person wrote and then named "the bible" doesn't make me any worse or any better a human being.

I take that back. I am a better human being, as I don't tell people that I think they are wrong, for reasons that shouldn't matter. For shame.

Marian
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 1)
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 09:15 PM
I haven't read everything, but to my understanding Sodom and Gamorrah is about RAPE not homosexuality. The men wanted to RAPE the angels. Back then raping the people you defeated and such was common practice. It had nothing to do with lust.
By pianomommy
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 09:39 PM
I Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that teh wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither teh sexually immoral not idolatoers not adulterers nor male prostitutes not homosexual offenders not thieves not the greedy not drunkards nor slanderers not swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Here is the clincher though -- verse 11 says -
And that is what some you were, BUT you were washed, your were sanctifies, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Verse 11 says that even though CHRISTIANS sin and have been "just as bad", because we have been washed of our sins and forgiven and we try (notice that word TRY) to live the life that God wants us to live and try to obey His moral laws.

No one has EVER said that a gay/lesbian will not go to heaven or can't be saved or isn't saved or anything like that. The church is FULL of sinners of EVERY KIND! But -- when we accept Jesus as our TOTAL Lord and Savior we want to live like Him and live FOR Him. Does that mean we won't ever sin again? NO! Does that mean that there won't be any gay/lesbian Christians? No of course not. There are many murderers/theives/gay/lesbian/adulteres/liars/cheats/etc who are Christian but we are human and we DO have a choice to sin. You can't say that someone is "born" _______(fill in the blank). We have a CHOICE to do right and wrong...we have a choice to do ____ (fill in the blank). We have a choice who we date. WE have a choice to accept God or reject Him. That is what makes us HUMAN -- we have a soul and a conscience and we have a choice to make in every part of our life.
Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

To the one who called me on the location of Sodom and Gomorrah -- I was at work and wrote the wrong book -- it is Genesis and not Exodus. My mistake and I will own up to it. I was not thinking as I was at work and that is where my excuse stops :] lol The account of this starts in Gen 13:12 when Lot pitched him tents near Sodom. (v12) - "Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord." We don't know the "exact" types of sins that these men were doing but Lot wanted to pitch his tents in Sodom for worldly gain and became an important man in Sodom even to the point of his daughter's accepting the morals of Sodom. Anyways --- Abraham made a "deal" with God wanting to know if God would spare both cities if there could be found 50 RIGHTEOUS men. They agreed but Abraham KNEW that there would be no way that God would find even 50 righteous men so he kept "dealing" till he got the number down to just 10.
The angels arrived in Sodom and the men of the city wanted to have sex with the "men" who were angels. Lot tried to get the men of the city to leave the angels alone and even offered his own daughters to eh men for sex but they didn't want women -- only the "men". Needless to say, the angels couldn't find even 10 RIGHTEOUS men. No, God didn't destroy these two cities just because of that one incident. He did it because he couldn't find enough righteous men; Enough men living a lifestyle of virtue/morality. But being RIGHTEOUS means according to virtue or morality...without guilt or sin (living a lifestyle of sin -- meaning I lie but I don't make it a "habit" or a lifestyle of lying and when I so lie - sin - I make ammends and try not to do it again --- this is the way it is with ANY sin and forgiveness).
This is getting long and I know that most of you don't want to hear my thoughts and that is ok. That is your CHOICE.
By Hazel
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:17 PM
The Bible also says "let he without sin cast the first stone," but people seem to forget that little tidbit.
Page:
Page 4 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed