Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Page:
Page 5 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 1)
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:35 PM
I once looked that verse up, and my version of the Bible didn't include "homosexual offenders" or any mention of homosexuality at all... :?
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 6)
By NeoSoulchildmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:46 PM
"Althougheth I claimeth I am a christian and I knoweth the bible, I shall keep my eyes and ears openeth, and not judgeth! I shall also not forceth uponeth my beliefs, which areth my owneth, and calleth a facteth!"

I Tooty 1:1-2
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right?
By Hazel
On Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:51 PM
Munk, that's probably because the word homosexual doesn't appear in the Bible... just the newer versions.
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 2)
By Ayamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 AM
The word that does appear originally doesn't translate into English. When the Bible was first translated, it was reworded as "effeminate". In the early 20th century, a campaign was undertaken to change the word to "homosexual" in newer editions. There was no Greek or Hebrew word for homosexual. When you translate books, the translator has the opportunity to put a slant on things. There are words with connotations to them that a non-native speaker might miss. So, I'm supposedly going to hell because a translator decided to change a word essentially meaning "feminine" (in a weak sense) to "homosexual"? I don't buy it. In fact, I think it's absolute BS.

And, yes, I AM laughing at all those foolish people who base their condemnation of gays and lesbians on a single passage or two on text that is not even a real translation of the original Hebrew, but a 1920's creation of conservative protestant printing presses. Funny, huh, when pretty much the entire reasoning for condemning gays isn't even part of the real Bible?
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:37 AM
It's like calling milk --> cheese!
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 06:07 AM
Yeah, like munk said, in my bible it makes no mentioning of homosexual. Straight from my King James version bible...

I Corinthians 6 9-10: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived neither fornicators, not idolaters, no adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Now, we could say that "effeminate" covers homosexuality, BUT, not all homosexuals have womenly qualities and there are heterosexuals that have womenly qualities. So it doesn't really work.

" But -- when we accept Jesus as our TOTAL Lord and Savior we want to live like Him and live FOR Him"

So homosexual christians don't? How offensive.

There are many murderers/theives/gay/lesbian/adulteres/liars/cheats/etc who are Christian but we are human and we DO have a choice to sin. You can't say that someone is "born" _______(fill in the blank). We have a CHOICE to do right and wrong...we have a choice to do ____ (fill in the blank). We have a choice who we date

HOW DARE you compare theives, murderers, adulterers, liars, and cheats to lesbians and gay! There is NO comparison. NONE. And excuse me, but you do NOT know what I did or did not choose. I was BORN homosexual. You can believe what you want, but that's wrong. Yes, I have a choice who I date, but I am going to date who I like, which at times is females. If I was a full blown out lesbian, I would date who I like. That would be females.
By mr_weird_guy
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 01:49 PM
Lot tried to get the men of the city to leave the angels alone and even offered his own daughters to eh men for sex

Sounds like prostitution to me. And God still dealt with him??

later dayz
J
By princess_steffimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 02:34 PM
How do we know what god wants? God didnt write the bible! It may have been looked down upon back then but the times have changed. The bible is mostly metaphorical (sp?) I dont believe in god or the bible. I dont believe we should follow the bible

I believe there was a guy called jesus who performed work which could be done today, but back then was seen as a miracle n what they considered blind might not be what we consider blind.if that makes any sense to you guys. It does in my head and Ive tried to explain clearly.

I have so many gay friends and im bi myself, im offended by this completley and MIClogger, Your great!

peace out guys

stef
xxxx
By Cindy3
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 02:45 PM
I am really sick of this topic. Somebody typically starts out wityh a Bible reading, and you did not even do that and I wonder if you can even provide scriptural evidence one way or another.

Someone else then usually chimes in that it is sinful.

Then somebody says they accept all gays and lesbians.

Nobody communicates anything useful. No hearts are changed. Only time is wasted.

This topic gets very tedious! I wish there could be intelligent discussion but when minds are made up already I do not think is is possible.
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 01, 2005 06:44 PM
Interesting that you choose to highlight the word
CHOICE

We don't have much of a choice here. You are saying things that we find offensive, rude, and attack-like (not to mention stupid) and if we don't want to be hurt by them we HAVE to choose to ignore them. Choosing to ignore you is like choosing to be homosexual, or choosing to be black. It's not a choice. It just IS.

Marian
By mr_weird_guy
On Sat Apr 02, 2005 07:27 PM
God didnt write the bible

Well, generally, if one believes in the teaching of the Bible, then one will believe that the Bible was written by men who were inspired by God. God worked through them to pass along His message.

But don't get me wrong. I do believe that the Bible should not be taken litterally. It was written to speak to a different generation/type of people, though there are messages that are prevalent to today's society. (though this isn't one of them, in my opinion).

later dayz
J
By DeliriousDream21
On Sat Apr 02, 2005 09:38 PM
It floors me on how people can think it's wrong. I mean if two people love each other who is to say it's right or wrong.

Kristin
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:55 AM
AcrylicDrama: I can't imagine a day without God.

When my dog was dying, I prayed, and God saved him.
When I was depressed, I prayed, and God helped me.
He helps me from finding keys, to getting to sleep. He is my father. He is my friend.

I love him, and he loves me. He also loves you more than ANYTHING!
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:57 AM
Stacemm:

God actually told many people what to right in the bible. He spoke to Moses personally. Now THAT'S powerful.
re: Gay or Lesbian....Do you think it's right? (karma: 3)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 01:55 PM
^^ And handily there's no proof of that. It's much like Mr Mormon with his golden tablets - no witnesses. How convenient.

Louise
By Hazel
On Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:44 PM
Hahaha, weezy, Mr. Mormon had those darn golden tablets TWICE, and only one other person saw them.... convenient, eh?

When God visits me in person and says, "thou shalt not accept homosexual people as two humans in love," I'll consider doing as he asks. But even then I'd be a little leery... what kind of God promotes hate and injustice? Certainly not the "just" Abrahamic God.
By amarathPremium member
On Wed Apr 06, 2005 09:36 PM
God's gonna smite you for that one, Hazey ...
By Hazel
On Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:57 PM
I know :D God hates me because I'm bi and I read ungodly books and I have premarital sex. Wheeeee!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:06 PM
leap2live, I'm glad you believe God found your keys for you, but I don't, and no amount of evangelising will alter that. Thanks.
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 07, 2005 01:42 AM
How is this thread still unlocked? Oh, and Megan, that made me laugh.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 07, 2005 01:47 AM
...why would it be locked?
By SaltWatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 07, 2005 07:12 AM
Sorry, Caleb, but assuming this topic is a debate, why would it be locked? Just because there are differing opinions doesnt mean a thread should be locked.

Thats just ridiculous.
By reeldancegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 07, 2005 09:12 PM
First of all, I don't think sexuality can be lumped into a right and wrong category. I think that's the issue of soceity today. Everyone tends to want to categorize things or label people.

Homosexuality is not a sin. I don't care about the sexual preference of anyone. Friend, enemy...etc. I think it's something personal, and who wants to be attacked about that?

I have more to say about this but I won't. Not right now anyway.
By dancing_rebel
On Fri Apr 08, 2005 08:12 PM
i believe that 2 people who love each other should be together.
(ie.. man/man, woman/man, women/women)
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:05 AM
Caleb-- The mods freezed it so that it couldn't be locked.

Marian
Page:
Page 5 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed