Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Footwork (karma: 1)
By TrippyJing
On Sun Apr 10, 2005 02:09 PM

After all my whining about not having a camcorder, I finally
figured out how to use my PS2 Eyetoy as a webcam, which lets
me record movies to critique myself with.

Appropriately giddy, I decided to test out the camera and
recorded a little snippet of myself doing some of my more
basic footwork...besides I was on carpet at the time. I wasn't
trying spectacularly hard or anything, but the test movie that
came out turned out to be a pretty good recording of my
footwork, so I figured I'd dump it here for critique.

www.bboy.org . . .

27 Replies to Footwork

re: Footwork
By TrippyJing
On Sun Apr 10, 2005 06:11 PM
That's odd. If that link doesn't work, try this one.

www.bboy.org . . .
By iH0p
On Sun Apr 10, 2005 08:37 PM
it's blank...
By TrippyJing
On Sun Apr 10, 2005 09:42 PM
I think bboy.org is down right now. Boo. Very boooooo.

So I'll try this instead.

zed.cbc.ca . . .
By iH0p
On Mon Apr 11, 2005 06:46 PM
Edited by iH0p (102010) on 2005-04-11 18:38:20 i was a little hopped up on candy and ice cream when i wrote this...
oooh i get to be the first one to critique again...

overall: pretty good... too bad you remind me of this annoying guy i really don't like... but anyways

groundwork: very neat/clean especially for the speed you were going....
drop: could've used more... oompf. i don't know, i mean it could've used more style and creativity. it was a bit too... unconnected and.. boring.
freeze: very nice hold. clean transition.

so yeah, it (i'd say "you" but i can't really judge based on a 15 second clip) was pretty good, technique wise. the clip sort of lacked style though... but other than that, you get props from me.

iHOp

disclaimer: all just my opinion. i'm no pro Bgirl.
foot work
By stevo976
On Wed Apr 13, 2005 03:04 AM
how do u break dance i always wanted to learn!! my brother is really good!
By Hakka
On Thu Apr 14, 2005 06:12 AM
Yeah pretty good.
Do with with music so we can see how you rock the beat.
By CSXii
On Tue May 03, 2005 02:46 AM
looks good man, azn bboys r boss! I'm korean, best breakers in the world hehe. Your smooth and fast, what more is there? I tend to do everything slowly myself just to get it smooth, with no music it doesnt matter how fast u do it, couldnt hear the music in that clip so it looked good.
By smiley1
On Fri Jun 24, 2005 01:59 PM
hi guys!
3 words.....OH MY GOD!!!!
that was absolutely amazing well done you are really good im very jealous!!!
lots of love
smiley1
By BBoy_Skribble
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 05:50 PM
hey trippy... remember me buddy! i used to reply and agrue wit you guys and other "stupid" people all the time... Haven't been back on in while but I see you got your two stars.. *CLAP CLAP* I checked out your video and it was pretty nice! Keep up the practice and good work! HOLLA at ya boy

Skribble
By BBoy_Skribble
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 05:53 PM
Sorry i didn't get all technical like ms. fancy shmansy up top (*cough* coppeliaFMC, yeah you!) I'd write a more dymanic review but i'm bored and tired and hungry and... and...
By LadyX
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 01:36 PM
Well, I'm not a pro or anything... But your footwork was very good for speed. Creativity and Personality were lacking, but the techniques was tight, transitions were...nice. Well, thats my critique for now.

Keep Breaking!
Lady X
By TrippyJing
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 09:41 PM
People are stilling replying to this? In anycase, if people still reply about the lack of creativity and so on and so forth, I beseech you to read carefully.

"...a little snippet of myself doing some of my more
basic footwork
..."
By jimmysonfire
On Thu Sep 08, 2005 06:51 PM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2005-09-08 20:34:12 Netspeak.....PLEASE type out all words....whn u type lik thz it makz ur post hard 2 read! Please take the extra two minutes and type words out correctly!! Also removed due to star farming.
i think it was pretty gud! but saying that im just a lone raver, the last man dancing at a party still off his melon still on the floor! wooop
By Jahz
On Thu Sep 08, 2005 07:03 PM
You oughtta teach me how to fix ur ps2 eye cam like that. After that, help me get one.
By iH0p
On Thu Sep 08, 2005 07:56 PM
lol it's called a job jahz...
I do not know how to dance at all help!
By SLC_Raver
On Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:24 PM
Hello,

My name is Jacob and I am a web developer in SLC Ut. I like to go to raves every once in awhile and I would love to be able to dance like everyone else. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also know allot about audio on the computer and would love to make some good techno anyone have any suggestions on were I can get some good tutorials????
I do not know how to dance at all help!
By SLC_Raver
On Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:25 PM
Hello,

My name is Jacob and I am a web developer in SLC Ut. I like to go to raves every once in awhile and I would love to be able to dance like everyone else. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also know allot about audio on the computer and would love to make some good techno anyone have any suggestions on were I can get some good tutorials????
By BGirl4eva123
On Tue Oct 11, 2005 02:04 PM
Umm... im 13 and i just started breakin last year, adn i'd have to say AWESOME speed , but u kinda did the same thing over and over soo mix it up a bit. AWESOME FREEZE!!\
~BaBy DeTroIt8-)
By D4LMD
On Wed Oct 12, 2005 05:10 AM
for free videos go to streetwalkn.com tho we haven't got many bboyin vids .. but other hiphop styles we have ..
By In2wishin
On Wed Oct 12, 2005 09:15 AM
yo trippy, its clean. props...
By SpellieDev
On Thu Oct 13, 2005 08:07 AM
smooth.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch