Feature: Advice / Modeling & Pageantry

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: How can I be a model?? And other FAQ, answered:
By Tom99uk2003member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1725, member since Mon Feb 02, 2004
On Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:36 PM
Hi

Good advice from Colin.

I never photograph ANY female alone, not to protect her but to protect me! Normally there is somebody for make-up and to help with lights, reflectors etc. and wardrobe.

When you have picture taken there is a good chance you or your parent/guardian will have to sign a 'Model Release Form". This is normal. This basically allows the photographer to use the photos for promotional and commercial use and will help keep your fees down. Notice I said "photographer" and not the "Agent", unless the Agent is paying for the photos (as if?).

Planning is the key to a good photo shoot and you should have a good idea what is expected before you turn up.

A mirror is a great tool to practice those poses you see in the glossy magazines. Yes you do need to practice just as anybody else would for any other profession. lol and get up at 5am sometimes.

Here is a couple of links just for interest ( not recomendation )

www.elitemodellookusa.com . . .

www.ftv.com . . .

Modeling is not all about the catwalk and it does not have to be your only job. Stick in at school in case it dose not work out.

Most of all like Colin said "Have FUN".

;)

Tom
By ROSALIE Comments: 32, member since Mon Jan 07, 2008
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:16 PM
WOW that was helpful! it answered basically all my questions!!! thank you thank you thank you!
By mia111member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1888, member since Tue Sep 25, 2007
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 02:12 PM
Hi,what a great post well done
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sat Apr 26, 2008 01:29 PM
Great post. I'm not interested in being a model (I'm too unphotogenic, hehe) but this really clears up a lot of questions people might have. I like certain things you've highlighted as well - like the fact soooo many people (in fact, without sounding horrible, probably most of the girls commenting on this thread) want to be a model just because it seems cool to say "I'm a model", it's flattering and will make people think more of you/boys will be interested. Not enough people understand how much hard work it is and how thick-skinned you have to be to do it, because not everyone's going to be talking about how pretty you are!

It's a bit like wanting to be famous - it seems cool, but I bet not many people can cope with the pressure.

Thanks for the post, though!
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Wed Oct 15, 2008 01:46 PM
Hi.Iam 5ft 4ins Iam 17 25inch waist 32 tigh
32 bust
I have high cheek bones skinny figure blonde hair blue eyes
I have a lot of cofidence

My photographer said i am very photogenic
how do i get into modeling
iam quit pretty
By GumbyGirl1990 Comments: 101, member since Wed Jul 23, 2008
On Sun Nov 23, 2008 09:26 PM
Very informative post...thanks for taking the time to write all this! :)
By chaz13member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2167, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 05:38 PM
Great post have karma

xxx
By balletloverrrr Comments: 119, member since Fri Dec 26, 2008
On Thu Jun 04, 2009 05:04 PM
good post!
but..most of the time you will have to pay for
your photos when you are starting out.
You will have to pay for most likely 5 looks and then
the cost of printing composite cards.
so around 500 or so dollars.
This applies to ALL agencies big or small.
This is the ONLY time you will have to pay anything.
By jadeyface Comments: 21, member since Tue Oct 31, 2006
On Mon Dec 21, 2009 03:39 PM
aww this post is great and has given me some really good tips, thank u! xx
By jetaimeballet Comments: 20, member since Sat Feb 13, 2010
On Sun Feb 14, 2010 09:57 AM
I know this thread is kind of old lol but thanks so much for posting. I wish I'd been a member of this site and seen it over the summer. I was "recruited" by one of those Modeling "schools" with the promise of repersentation by their agency once I "graduated." I stopped going after the first few months because getting to and from the class and paying for all of the extra stuff was ending up more expensive than the tuition itself. I don't think the school was 100% bad though, but the most that I learned (about casting and such) is pretty much in this thread! Anyway I'm 17 now and I know I'd love to do high fashion in the future. As soon as I get my braces off, I think I'll go to some open agency calls. Good luck to you aspiring models out there! And thanks again for this thread.
By ClaudiaReedPremium member Comments: 13, member since Wed Dec 19, 2007
On Fri Dec 10, 2010 09:30 AM
It's also really important to gain experience -- the more you model, the better you'll become. It takes practice like many things. Modeling for dancewear companies or costume companies is a great way to get experience. The comment about photogenic quality is so correct. Many beautiful people don't photograph well. Enter modeling contests only through reputable companies.
By SPCPADANCER Comments: 19, member since Wed Aug 04, 2010
On Mon Dec 20, 2010 08:31 PM
Thanks for this info. I have taken many classes but I never have the full self confidience to go fully into it. I have been wondering these questions. Espicially for dance cloting modeling.
By highland_yt Comments: 11, member since Sun Dec 26, 2010
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 08:20 PM
Greaatt tips!! Thanks so much.
By dancemasterJJ Comments: 21, member since Wed Sep 01, 2010
On Fri Jan 28, 2011 08:13 PM
If you want to get in to modelling FREE!!!

go to modelsearchuk.com

Never pay money up front!

Amanda
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch