Forum: Disco / Disco - Results

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Disco - Results
This forum is for RESULTS only! (karma: 2)
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Thu Apr 21, 2005 03:52 AM
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-06-01 13:39:02 added sentences.

Just reminding everyone that this forum is for results only. Well wishes do not belong here! Asking who won a specific category or asking for line up pictures is not allowed here either. Those questions could be asked in the competition forum though.

As always, if you see anything here that should not be, please press the "mod" button and let us know so it can be removed. :)

34 Replies to This forum is for RESULTS only!

re: This forum is for RESULTS only!
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4199, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 AM
Thankyou, it is so annoying having to scroll through 2 or 3 pages of good luck messages before we even get to any results. I've just seen the Brean post, wow! :O
By Supergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5658, member since Mon Jul 21, 2003
On Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:40 AM
I see what you are saying , and i agree but it would be helpful if we could congratulate dancers on their resultstoo , thats what i and and it got removed. :?

-Lauren
x-x0x0x0x-x
re: This forum is for RESULTS only! (karma: 1)
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Apr 23, 2005 09:10 PM
Congratulate them elsewhere...through a PM or in a post on the disco board, but this forum is for RESULTS. Everything else will be removed.
Results only
By cassidy2 Comments: 48, member since Thu Jul 29, 2004
On Mon Apr 25, 2005 04:11 AM
Yes I agree results only.
By Disco_lorz123 Comments: 290, member since Mon May 10, 2004
On Sun May 01, 2005 08:37 AM
i dont agree if someone has done well they deserve a well done
you say post our well dones else where but where can we post them ???
lv ya all
lorz xxx
By XxXHeidiXxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2218, member since Mon Apr 04, 2005
On Wed May 04, 2005 08:54 AM
Hiya,

I dont really agree with this... its not often you find 3 pages of goodluck messages for a normal comp, festivals like brean yes but others no... after all we are only being friendly by saying goodluck! :D its a nice thing to do and then it goes and gets removed :( O'well

Heidi xx
By xxdancingqueenxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1915, member since Mon Jun 28, 2004
On Wed May 04, 2005 10:39 AM
I dont agree with this its only friendly to wish people good luck and its hardly 3 pages of it!! brean or disco kid maybe a lot of replies but normal comps not really! sorry but i think its a bit stupid
Harriet xxxx
On Thu May 05, 2005 11:01 PM
When you all run your own websites you can make up your own rules that other people will think are stupid.

The disco section has more forums than most other types of dance. In a results forum you'd probably find...results. If you want to congratulate people then do it on the competition forum where you can discuss upcoming competitions or how people did at a competition.

If you want people to comment on a picture with your results...then post it in the pictures section, because their comments will be removed if they don't have results.
By sarahdance93 Comments: 20, member since Tue Mar 15, 2005
On Wed May 25, 2005 05:38 AM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-05-27 11:16:33 This comment has nothing to do with this topic.
hi i do idat exams and i have just passed them i got hc on all exept 1 witch was ballroom and i got commend on that
By Debbie2003member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1662, member since Thu May 01, 2003
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 06:48 AM
I can understand the good luck messages being a waste of space but it is nice to be congratulated!! It's a bit harsh that you can only congratulate someone if you've got a result to post?

Rules are rules tho
Thanks
Debbie x
re: This forum is for RESULTS only! (karma: 2)
On Mon Jun 20, 2005 06:51 AM
PM them, or go to the disco competition area to discuss competitions and say your congratulations.

Why do we have a results forum and a competition forum if nobody will use them? Maybe we should just combine them and then the moderators don't have to do so much work.
By ferris Comments: 201, member since Sat Aug 02, 2003
On Tue Jun 21, 2005 05:35 PM
I think people should be able to say well done to people on the same page as the results, if somebody has done well then you want everyone to see people praising them a pm wouldnt be the same. I also think they should be combined as otherwise people wouldnt know what you are saying well done to somebody for. I cant see the harm really in saying well done to somebody on the same post as results.
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:25 PM
Why is a public congratulations so much more special than a private one? Or - why is there a need to compliment and flatter publicly, other than to a) proclaim to the rest of the ddn community that you are being nice, or b) to get your post count up?

In all my years of dance, a "congratulations" has meant "congratulations" regardless of whether it was said in private or public. Furthermore, the ones said in private usually meant more to me, because by bothering to actually come up to me, it shows they felt I really deserved it. Same thing on DDN, really.

Disco dancers already have far greater freedom in regards to what you can post, and the forums you have. I am fully aware that you all know each other very well, but honestly - why is there such a huge issue over the inability to say whatever you like on the internet when you are all able to tell the person what you want to say in person, or by the pm button which DDN has supplied for you?! By the looks of things, DDN may as well be used as a medium for flattery and compliments rather than a global forum in which to discuss dance.

There is no NEED to say everything publicly. Indeed, it is far more economical to keep all this "congrats! You danced great!" to a minimum as it allows actual dance discussion to take the spotlight, not to mention making life a heck of a lot easier for us mods.

I am in full agreement with imadanseur's earlier post. If you do not like our rules, then please, make your own website and create whatever rules suit you. Until then, this is NOT your website, and you may NOT do whatever you please.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:05 AM
I agree with the other mods.

It says results only for a reason....

Its bad when over half the post isn’t results but well done or fabby or whatever... you get where I’m going with this.

Case in point Groovytwins Breane (sp) post. I deleted 3 yes I said 3 pages of good lucks, well done, etc....hardly anyone posted a result. Now than….if I was looking for a result I would be highly upset that I have to weed through a bunch of nonsense posts to find what I was looking for.

That is sad....

Our rules aren't hard to follow guys. You don't have to be Albert Einstein to follow them.
By ferris Comments: 201, member since Sat Aug 02, 2003
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 06:11 PM
I dont think theres every need to be rude or cheeky about this, dancers are just saying what they think, fair enough you made this site and eveything and it must be hard work but shouldnt you listen to peoples views on how they think will make the site better just my opinion.
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:50 PM
Nobody is getting cheeky. Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we've been rude. We do listen to what people say. The reason we started a disco results forum is because we had people petition us for a RESULTS forum. They wanted a place to go to read JUST results. So, we are trying to do that. Quite unsuccessfully some days. So which discoers do we listen to exactly? Either way we will never please everyone.

I know this is hard to believe, but some people like to star farm. They used to go to EVERY post on all the 10 pages and post well done, fabby results, and post one comment every minute. Is that adding anything to the website? NO...they are just posting as many things as they can.

Comment #3657947 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-04-29 23:32:20 Netspeak is not allowed on DDN. Please type in English.

Comment #3657966 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-04-29 23:32:27 Netspeak is not allowed on DDN. Please type in English.

Comment #3658250 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-06-29 22:44:10 Netspeak. u, ur, bcoz, gr8, every1 are not words. You must spell out full words when posting or your comments will be removed.

By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4199, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 07:26 AM
Come on guys, wouldn't you find it pretty annoying if you clicked on a post looking for results and had to scroll through tons of good luck messages or congratulations? I know I would! It's a bit more difficult with the congratulations because people see a great result on here and want to reply saying well done, but that can easily be done in a PM.
It bugs me too when people put a Results post up for a competition about 2 weeks early :?
Anyway, give the Mods a break, they are just trying to make the site better and as has already been pointed out, there are plenty of forums in the Disco section to write your other posts :)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 09:23 PM
If you want to post a congradulations post, go to the Competition forum. I promise, this isn't as hard as y'all are making it.
results
By Ashleigh95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2293, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 01:14 PM
hiya

yer i agree:)
By kaz909member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2066, member since Tue Sep 28, 2004
On Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:10 AM
hi,

when i want to congratulate people on their results ( i have done twice to two lovely young girls) i PM them, it doesn't take that much effort and the mod's job would be made a little easier :)

love kathryn xxx
By butterflydancer Comments: 2384, member since Tue Feb 25, 2003
On Sat Aug 13, 2005 04:47 PM
hi,
well maybe we should have a well done part if we cant put them in results
love beckyxx
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch