Forum: General / Hip Hop / Battles

why do people battle
By carmelo
On Fri May 06, 2005 05:32 PM

why do people battle i understand its fun but whats the other reasons . if it's like that movie you got served then i get it but somtimes real life isn't like the movies.

3 Replies to why do people battle

re: why do people battle
By Basketballchic
On Fri May 06, 2005 09:33 PM
I feel you. I understand where you coming from, but people always test their egos. We battle to see who the best. When we check them, we battle those who think they ARE THE BEST, You Got Served shows that very clearly. We get at the best to prove we are the best, everyone thinks they are.

Lady of Detroit187187187
By bgirlvix
On Mon May 09, 2005 10:06 AM
when this first started, they battled to see who was best. i mean this is a whole lot better than fighting dont you agree?
its just breaking isnt AS big as it was, and people dont understand how it came about. i battle with my krew coz its fun, but when we do battle you can tell that we get real competative
By In2wishin
On Thu May 12, 2005 07:01 PM
Battling is what breaking was founded on. it was the reason it came to be. rocking is what breaking came from, and you can't rock by yourself, you NEED an opponent. breaking was started as an alternative to fighting by the Zulu Nation. it's in the roots of the dance. without battling, there would be no breaking.

In2wishin

ReplySendWatch