Poll: Ballet / Pointe - General

Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5
What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why? (karma: 3)
By Vozrozhdeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 783, member since Sun Jan 23, 2005
On Fri May 13, 2005 11:24 AM

I thought that it would be intersting to find out what shoes people have hated and why?

Personally, The shoe I hated the most was the Gamba Turning Pointe- they are no longer made thank god! I broke 3 bones in my foot when I tried to wear these. The shape was right, but the wings snapped and my foot went crunch! So these are probably my most hated pair of pointes.

105 Replies to What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why?

re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why?
By CherBear Comments: 399, member since Wed Aug 27, 2003
On Fri May 13, 2005 02:10 PM
I had a pair of Bloch Synergys 3/4 shank that looked and felt right at the store. But after a couple of classes, I knew they were all wrong for my feet. Not enough shank support for a beginner, the box was too big so I was knuckling half the time, and it was really too wide. That was probably the fault of the fitter.
By shnymrsh Comments: 224, member since Tue Feb 01, 2005
On Fri May 13, 2005 02:27 PM
Edited by shnymrsh (121141) on 2005-05-13 14:38:27
I was fitted with a pair of Leo's back in the 80's that were terrible. Part of the problem was that they were fitted too big, but they also had a rounded platform so they were really difficult to balance on. Thank god they don't make them like that anymore.
Shnymrsh
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Fri May 13, 2005 02:31 PM
Bloch Sonatas... Their box was way too soft for me and I wore through them in about 5 class periods. No joke. And I wasn't feeling the right support in the shank. It felt off on my foot.

~Always
By BalletGrl8member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 367, member since Fri Jan 28, 2005
On Fri May 13, 2005 03:12 PM
i had the capezio plie 2 and i didn't like them the platform on one of them was slanted back and i went over the box. i also had these capezio glisses and the vamp was to soft so i broke through it and went over them. capezios don't really work for me.
By Rubberbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4505, member since Fri Dec 05, 2003
On Fri May 13, 2005 03:23 PM
Capezio Arela (sp?) fitted too big it was so painful I wore them for one class and put them away :C what a waste.
By DanceFreak247 Comments: 2519, member since Thu Dec 30, 2004
On Fri May 13, 2005 03:27 PM
Mine were Leo Inspirations - at first I liked them but they were the worst shoes ever. I can't believe I made myself go through that.
By LoreABJ Comments: 69, member since Wed Mar 09, 2005
On Fri May 13, 2005 03:28 PM
I had a pair of Capezio, for me they are the worse ones because when used them did not feel to me so comfortable with them and my arch did not see so pretty, cuz I when the foot entered pointes it was were not very comfortable because it stayed to me as tight, but when she stopped to me back exceeded space, and for that reason I they do not like capezio
By dancingdewsis Comments: 96, member since Sat May 07, 2005
On Sat May 14, 2005 12:48 AM
Gamba Turning points because they were lumpy and made my toes cross each other.
By Zynthia Comments: 3335, member since Mon Jan 03, 2005
On Sat May 14, 2005 10:17 AM
I am glad no one has picket Chacott yet because I love them! Well I didn't vote because I have liked all the ones I have had!
By allegro731member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2913, member since Wed Jul 02, 2003
On Sat May 14, 2005 12:46 PM
I hated my Bloch Synergys. They were all wrong for my feet. But I don't hate Blochs all together, I love my Signatre Rehearsals from Bloch.
By Rianemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 218, member since Tue Apr 12, 2005
On Sat May 14, 2005 03:28 PM
You didnt have Grishkos as an option, but they're pretty bad. Especially the Coppelia IIs.

Riane
By everdancingmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4095, member since Fri Feb 01, 2002
On Sat May 14, 2005 04:07 PM
I didn't like Bloch Sonatas at all... they actually looked pretty good on my feet and they fit me well and everything, but I just didn't like them. It was hard to balance in them, and they just felt sort of awkward. I really don't like bloch pointe shoes at all. :?

*Heather*
By ABCdancer12member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 634, member since Fri Jul 16, 2004
On Sun May 15, 2005 06:27 AM
I LOVE BLOCH!!!! they fit me well, if not anyone else. But I personaly love them 100 times over!

I HATE GRISHKOS!!!! the shank (no matter what one) is too thick for me. I can't feel the floor at all and they were hard to balance in. But, then again, I've only tried them once, but I am only willing to do it once and times up now!

that's just my personal opinions, but I can't believe that many peopl hate Bloch! Hmmmm....

*sparkle*n*shine*
becky
By AutomaticTeapotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1318, member since Mon Jan 31, 2005
On Sun May 15, 2005 08:00 AM
Freeds they broke in 30 minutes and the made my big toes hurt and my ring finger toe.....if that makes sense :]
By fat_pig12 Comments: 152, member since Wed Dec 22, 2004
On Sun May 15, 2005 09:58 PM
Bloch Sonatas were by far the worst pair of pointes i ever have had. they messed up my knees because they were totally wrong for my feet and i was danceing on pointe all wrong and anyways i hated them!!!
By kamina Comments: 1302, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Mon May 16, 2005 06:35 PM
agh I hate Bloch. My worst shoes ever were bloch, the vamp held my foot back and I couldn't even get over the box properly. But apart from that, bloch shoes just feel like they are made of cardboard. They're either too rigid or too soft and there's no give in them. Sanshas and especially GMs really work with your feet and seem to absorb shock better and stuff. Blochs are like the least supple shoe I've ever worn.

Kamina
*I'm a slave 4 dance*
By CheezyBriz Comments: 28, member since Sat May 07, 2005
On Mon May 16, 2005 08:40 PM
Freed Studios were the worst things ever!!!! I got one pair, wore them for one class, and by the end of it, if I pressed my thumb on the box, it would sink in about a quarter of an inch...yeah those didn't last too well, lol.
~Bri
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3271, member since Sun Jan 02, 2005
On Mon May 16, 2005 09:19 PM
Leo's dancewear should not be allowed to make pointe shoes. Those shoes sucked something awful!
By DanceFreak247 Comments: 2519, member since Thu Dec 30, 2004
On Mon May 16, 2005 09:29 PM
doomed_fairy, may I ask what type of pointe shoe you wore of Leo's? My Inspirations were terrible. And, they did not fit at all. It was completely horrible. They were "broken in" but you couldn't go on demi in them. Horrible, horrible shoes. I can't even begin to describe these shoes.
By pointeballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1040, member since Tue Nov 11, 2003
On Mon May 16, 2005 10:53 PM
Edited by pointeballerina (77640) on 2005-05-16 22:53:26
Oh my gosh!! How can you all hate Blochs so much! *stares with open mouth at computer screen* I absolutely adore my blochs! I wear Serenades. Haven't heard many complaints about those yet.

I hate my Freed Studios II. They were dead by the 1st class. The same thing happened to my Freeds that happened to CheezyBriz's. I pressed my thumb on the box and it would sink in A LOT.

Also, I had this one pair of Bloch Serenades that my old ballet teacher fit me with. I was originally a size 7 C, but all my pointe shoes after that were either moved up a half a size or a full size. But the school's store was out of size 8's so my teacher stuck me with size 8 1/2s!!! And I thought she was the smartest, bestest teacher in the world. Turns out she was a complete idiot when it came to ballet. So when I came to my new school, my ballet teachers were shocked at how big my pointe shoes were and got me out of those right away! lol.
By dansballerina Comments: 216, member since Sun May 30, 2004
On Tue May 17, 2005 02:20 PM
I HATE Prima Soft! My pointe shoe fitter told me that they were extremely hard so I bought them. I was in the middle of my first Harid audition and the shanks broke! I couldn't do anything and I felt aweful!

I LOVE Blochs! Sonatas have been my choice for 4 years now and they fit my foot perfectly! They only last a bit, but when they are dead I can still dance in them and have some success. At least more than what I have with other types!
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why? (karma: 1)
By LoriLynn Comments: 1234, member since Wed Jan 30, 2002
On Tue May 17, 2005 04:47 PM
Riane,
I think you made a mistake, they aren't the same.
Grishko and Coppelias are different, I'm pretty sure!

Myself? I hated Freeds because the platform was roundy and they didn't last long at all for the price!
By delicate_dancer6 Comments: 152, member since Fri Mar 25, 2005
On Tue May 17, 2005 10:11 PM
I HATED my Capezios....... they were so so so so so painful and I ended up with metal sticking out of the bottom of my shoes. They looked all wrong on my feet anyway.

i LOVE my block sonatas, they look gorgeous and they're a really good fit !

CG
By luv2pointe Comments: 57, member since Tue Oct 26, 2004
On Wed May 18, 2005 09:10 AM
Wow glad to know my feet arn't the only Freed Studio's killer's out there. I bought mine in the hardest shank made and broke them in a 5th position grande plie..By the end of the class you could bend the shoes in half just like a pair of ballet flats.

RussianPointes were also bad. They were my first pair and looking back on pictures, they just looked horrible on my feet . They were a very weak shoe, almost like there isn't enough material in the toe.

oh well, you learn alot from crappy shoes..lol happy dancing guys :)

Kayla
Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch