Poll: Ballet / Pointe - General

Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why?
By Dancinblonde19 Comments: 23, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 05:58 PM
The worst pair of pointe shoes that I have ever had were Prima Softs. The model that I wore was the Prima Russe. I did not like them because they were very wide and very hard. It was difficult to dance in them even after breaking them in.
By Unwrittenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1463, member since Mon Aug 02, 2004
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 06:42 PM
Bloch Sonata. I never had them, but I tried them on at my first fitting. Uggg! They are so icredibly wrong for my feet.
By catytheballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 651, member since Mon Sep 06, 2004
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 07:57 PM
I hated my sansha! every 2 weeks I had a new one! they broke in so fast
By bethianballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 632, member since Sun Mar 27, 2005
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 08:05 PM
grishko's dont make coppelia II's that chacott's speaking of which i hate chacotts they didnt last at all for me nor did gamba's or fuzi split soals m 2 sence
By dancin_almember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 151, member since Thu Dec 18, 2003
On Sun Jul 03, 2005 02:12 AM
I hated my sansha's, they have the most hideous shap on my feet ever and twist all weird and stuff...hence why i am looking for a new pair of pointe shoes at the moment.
By Five678 Comments: 363, member since Tue Dec 14, 2004
On Sun Jul 03, 2005 03:31 PM
CHACOTT VERONESE...oh my god! it's not really that it's such a terrible shoe, it's more that the teacher i had really sucked and made all of her students get chacott veronese (horrible, i know!) well, they are totally wrong for my foot. they were so akwardly fitting and i broke the shank after like 3 classes...it was just BAD!
By LYBDancer401 Comments: 595, member since Fri Dec 17, 2004
On Sun Jul 03, 2005 05:11 PM
I did not like Prima Softs!! I love my grishkos!!! For those who said that they were impossible to break in, they are a harder shoe, the med. are like a hard in other pointe shoes.

~lybdancer~
By angelafreemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 747, member since Sun Nov 30, 2003
On Sun Jul 03, 2005 05:50 PM
sansha's have been the worst for me, but that's because they weren't fitted well enough. otherwise i liked the shoe.
By DaNciNgONmyGravemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1042, member since Sat Oct 16, 2004
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 06:33 PM
Edited by DaNciNgONmyGrave (109652) on 2005-07-04 18:32:38 forgot something
AHHH I cringe at the thought of wearing my Prima Softs again!!! I wore my Royales for a month and then got fed up... They were the only pointe shoes that EVER gave me blisters, and the shank was incredibly hard. I was a beginner at the time, and the shank refused to bend at all - I even told the lady that I wanted one that would conform to my foot more than my previous pair. So what was I supposed to do? Break them in, of course! But NOOO, you're not supposed to "break in" Prima Softs - they're a "miracle shoe" and they just magically look gorgeous on your feet.... Yeah, that was a load of .... well, you know. So anyway, when I tried to break them in, the shank snapped completely. I just about died because they were sooo expensive....

But now I am happily fitted in a new type of Capezios :D.
By DreamingTreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3193, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 09:10 PM
Because you did not add Grishko to your list, I am going to complain about them!
I once tried Grishko's Elite and it was so so so bad! It broke in the wrong place, didn't fit well, and it was way too soft, in the first use, it broke in! I hated it! Plus my feet were all hurt, which is something that rarelly happens with my Cecilia Kerche - So dança ones! I am happy with them, their best model is definitely Equilibre, the rest are very bad...at least for me!

Cathy
By Jemjabella42member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1261, member since Sat Jan 08, 2005
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 01:13 AM
Capezio--I love the brand, but just not for pointes. My first pair of pointes were capezio infinita and the vamp just broke after I wore it to my first class.. And it was while I was en pointe.. which is very dangerous..
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why? (karma: 1)
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3271, member since Sun Jan 02, 2005
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 01:46 AM
Oh, wow, I'm a bit late in responding to the question...I had the split-sole Leo's. I just can't express how wrong they were.

And now, as an update, I must say I'm really not liking my Prima Soft Galas. They look SOOO pretty on my feet, as the longer box makes my feet look slender and more archy. However, they're IMPOSSIBLE to dance in and they gave me a blister where I've never gotten a blister before, right above my left pinky toe, at the joint. And they KILL my big toenail! I mean, I try to be fairly tough about pointe pain, but I can barely stand on these things, let alone DANCE in them -- and another thing, they DO NOT cooperate well with demi-pointe.

Huff. Rant. Vent. Mumble, grumble hoohah.
The ones I hate
By Dance_Obession Comments: 137, member since Mon May 02, 2005
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:27 AM
I hated all my Bloch and Capizio Pointes that only kind that worked for me were sansha and ILOVE them
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 06:59 PM
I've only had two apirs of ppintes. My first were bloch surprima and now I have bloch sonata. I haven't had a problem with either of them. Bloch seems to work well with me feet.
By DancingCheergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 576, member since Mon Mar 25, 2002
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:26 AM
Mine isn't on there...I had Repetto Swanilda's and they were ok...but they hurt my feet and broke in really fast!

~Laur~
By Frappeccinomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 710, member since Thu Jun 26, 2003
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 06:23 PM
capezio pavlowas (sp)... oh my gosh! i have moderately wide feet and at the time, all my local dance store carried were capezio pavlowas, nicolinis, infinitas, and SOMETIMES contemporas. so, the fitter shoved my foot in that tiny shoe, and i was miserable!
By sweetyface17 Comments: 650, member since Mon Nov 08, 2004
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 08:43 PM
Ick...Freed...nasty. I broke them in in the van on my way home. They were too wide in some places, too narrow in others. I hate them.
By RainbowStarzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Fri Feb 27, 2004
On Tue Jul 26, 2005 07:50 AM
I don't like my current pair, Freed Studio IIs. It's weird because I loved my Freed Classics, so it's not Freed in general. I guess it's because I like soft shoes (I wore the Classics until they were nearly as soft as slippers) and the platform of the Studios are so hard I can barely stand on them.

Also, I never had them, but I tried Bloch Serenades on in the store and they were awful-really boxy and blocky. They just looked like bricks on my feet.

Rain
By pointebabe Comments: 415, member since Wed Dec 18, 2002
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 06:42 PM
SO far the shoe I hated was a shoe that my teacher first sold me when I first went on pointe... They were too big and too soft... They were some brand her parents made in Japan... My second pair I hate so far are my Bloch Snergy 3/4 shank. I kept killing them....
By ABTdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 903, member since Fri Jun 10, 2005
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 08:10 PM
The worst pair of pointe shoes I've ever had were Candian Principles. Not many people know about them. At my old studio everyone had to wear them, and like nobody could get over. They were horrible shoes, in my opinion. ;)

:D ~ABTdancer~
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why? (karma: 1)
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6188, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 01:44 AM
My first shoes-- bloch sonata. Oh god, where do I start?!

They were my first shoes, and they are just wretched to learn in. The shanks were like bricks-- even now that they're dead and I can't (thankfully) use them anymore, the shanks aren't nearly dead. They're how I want my shanks to be when I first BUY the shoe, maybe harder!! Ugh. I don't break shanks in much, because I don't have very arched feet. So the strong shoe wasn't nescessary-- my feet don't need much other support than that which they can supply.

They were much to square for my feet as well, so the shoe twisted around my foot, so the only way to stand was to wing my feet a TON. Yeah, that made dancing really fun for me, considering that my right foot was injured last year so that it naturally sickles. Oh wow, were echappes ever interesting...

And then there was the fact that, because I couldn't bend the shanks, I couldn't always get over all the way. This caused the edge of the platform to start to break down and get really mushy. Once that edge is soft, I have discovered, it is near impossible to roll all the way up to pointe. Since there is a "cushion" in the toes of the sonata (which, if you were wondering, doesn't help a lick. It's horrendous) I couldn't reharden them-- the wad of foam was in the way. UUUGH, god. Ew ew ew.

My gamba 97s are pretty close behind though. People always fit me in square shoes, but my toes are TAPERED TAPERED TAPERED, oy.

M
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 05:48 AM
I would have to say Capezio, They felt OK in the store, then when they started breaking in, and I snapped the shank, whoops!!!! Capezios were just way too soft for my high-arched feet. But, luckily, my teacher is happy with my Sanshas, she didn't like my capezios that much, she said they didn't flatter my feet. But, I like my Sanshas so far, time will tell.
By percussion Comments: 279, member since Wed May 04, 2005
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 05:39 PM
Arg, my worst pair was also my first pair. Some idiot fit me in a pair of Bloch Synergys a half size too small-I didn't wear ribbons the whole year and it didn't matter, and I didn't even know better.
By dance_101 Comments: 78, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:44 PM
i have Grishkos now. (my first pair) my toes scrunch up when i go up and i know pointe shoes need to be a snug fit but not this snug. at first i thought they were too small but then i read this. can you e-mail me what shoes you where now because i think i will get some new ones. my e-mail is dancerlatois@yahoo.com

aubrey
By dance_101 Comments: 78, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:50 PM
one more time but my Grishkos never did break in all the way. anyone how has had a bad time with Grishkos tell me what went wrong and what shoes you use know.

aubrey
Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch