Poll: Ballet / Pointe - General

Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why?
By dance_101 Comments: 78, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:58 PM
i have Grishkos and don't like them because i never did break them in but then i read this and now i know. i don't think i will get them again because i don't need a point shoe that hard. thanks!

aubrey

i still like them just not for me.
By DelaneyBeanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2504, member since Sat Nov 08, 2003
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:08 PM
My GMs were pretty awful. Oy, they broke in so ridiculously low and i always felt like they were throwing me up onto pointe. The box didn't cover all of my toe area AND they gave me horrible achilles problems

eeek!
By catdancer15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 401, member since Wed Jul 27, 2005
On Sun Aug 07, 2005 05:38 PM
My worst pointe shoes were Capezio Nicolinis. They were not fitted right and they were way too narrow. They were awful. I got them because my teacher has some pairs of pointe shoes that she got when a dance store in town closed so i just went with the best fit. And my teacher doesn't really know how to fit pointe shoes even though she claims she great at it. I wasn't the only one who got a bad pair of shoes from her and she just thinks they're great. anyway, cool poll.
By Kelamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 375, member since Tue Apr 16, 2002
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 07:54 AM
hmm, you don't have Repetto on here. Probably because they're old. But, I TOTALLY disliked them. They were a yucky bubble gum pink, and they were not only too big for my feet, but I could have them for a year and they still hadn't broken in! =/
By Kelamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 375, member since Tue Apr 16, 2002
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 07:56 AM
Really? I absolutely adore Principals! But then again, I don't break pointe shoes in easily, and when I do, I wear them for a longggg while lol. They're the Canadian pointes, right? By any chance, do you know who or where I can buy them?
By megamelfina Comments: 205, member since Fri Jan 30, 2004
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 08:03 AM
I got fitted for Freed Studio II, and I knew I hated them the first time I wore them. The vamp was too low, and my toes felt like they were going to break off! So much pain...;(
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4151, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 07:16 PM
I tried quite a few Blochs (Sonatas, Synergy, and Aspiration). I hated all of them. They were just the most uncomfortable shoes ever. They made my feet hurt really badly. So now I have been staying away from Bloch
By dancinbummember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 73, member since Wed Feb 25, 2004
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 01:46 AM
Worst shoes ever, were these Sansha Lyrics that broke in half in the middle of class. I wear Gamba's now, and I absolutely love them!
By pointe_crazy Comments: 81, member since Sun Mar 31, 2002
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 08:54 PM
My first pair of pointe shoes were Bloch Serenades and they were improperly fitted too narrow. My toes didn't touch the the tip of the shoe! I didn't realize how poorly they fit until I got my next pair of shoes, Freed Studio IIS.
By Feli Comments: 31, member since Sun Jul 24, 2005
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:20 PM
The worst pointe shoes I ever had are not on the list. They were Angelo Luzio's and I don't remember the model. The woman who sold them to me obviously didn't have a clue and neither did I. I have long wide (very wide) feet and these pointes had such a thin, slender box ... Oh my God!! Well I learned my lesson! After that I went on the internet and researched different shoes. Then a went to a dance store with a very well known and liked pointe fitter. This guy is good! He made the right choice of shoe for me and since I had already done some research I wasn't completely in the dark.
By Feli Comments: 31, member since Sun Jul 24, 2005
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:28 PM
Oh! I forgot about the Gaynor Minden's I had tried. Luckily I hadn't payed full price for them because they were so wrong for me. I felt like the shank was way too soft, I kept falling over my pointes. I had to have it reinforced 4 times which cost me a little less than 100$. Nope those shoes are not for me. Luckily my Bloch's are great for my feet. I atually have arch support. :)
By dance_starlet Comments: 527, member since Mon Feb 21, 2005
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:35 PM
i hated my bloch sylphides
they were my first pair of pointe shoes and they were too hard for my feet to even break in properly and looked too narrow

but i don't hate all bloch's, they are the only brand i've ever worn but i really lke my signature rehearsals now
By choruslinegal Comments: 316, member since Fri Jan 17, 2003
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 07:47 PM
well, here's the thing. bloch was my worst pair. however, bloch was also my best pair.

bloch sonatas were my first shoe-and one of the worst experiences of my life. i had a dance teacher recently take a look at em, and from 30 feet away, he was like "nooo! bad!! those look horrible!"

but my signature rehearsals rock. last a long time...tho i need new ones...
By born2dance92 Comments: 153, member since Wed Dec 29, 2004
On Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:18 AM
hi
mine have to be freed they were my first pair and they were so hard to dance in as they didnt bend!!!!
By primaballerina66 Comments: 108, member since Sun Aug 21, 2005
On Sun Aug 21, 2005 01:58 PM
the worst pointe shoes I have ever had were capezio's glisse. They cut of the circulation in my big toe so at the end of class my toes were purple!
By flutterfeet91 Comments: 123, member since Sat Aug 20, 2005
On Sun Aug 21, 2005 02:02 PM
I had BLOCH Sonata's that didn't fit right, but I bought them because I needed them the next day and that was the only thing in my size.
By Ballerina2509 Comments: 1060, member since Mon Aug 05, 2002
On Mon Aug 22, 2005 02:04 PM
my worst pair of pointe shoes was actually my first pair. they were Gamba 97's or 93's. I can't remember which. anyways, the shank was too hard for me. I didn't have a very strong arch at the time (especially since I was a beginner), so I never could get over my box. I can wear them now because my arch has strengthened but they were my worst pair so far.

~Arwen~
By adridancer Comments: 688, member since Sun Sep 07, 2003
On Mon Aug 22, 2005 04:04 PM
My worst shoes were a pair of Capezio Odettes. I broke the shanks after 3 classes and the entire middle of the box (top, platform and bottom) turned to mush a week after the shanks broke. They were awful!

I also had bad luck with the Bloch Sonatas, but I love the Bloch Signatures and Alphas (although the Alphas do this weird splitting thing in the box that I'm not keen on).

adridancer

*the only sin is mediocrity*~MG
By suga_plum_faerie Comments: 266, member since Mon Dec 20, 2004
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 07:37 AM
I've always had a thing against bloch pointe shoes...and not just 1 type...ALL OF THEM!! (& i've tried almost every type aswell!) I guess they just don't do my feet justice...to me they always looked like 'blocks of wood tied on with ribbons!'
By pointeskater Comments: 33, member since Fri Jul 08, 2005
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 01:54 PM
I have chocotts too and love them as well!
By Annie186 Comments: 22, member since Sun Aug 14, 2005
On Fri Aug 26, 2005 08:26 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! U WEAR THE SAME SHOES AS ME! HEHEHE LOL LOL

Yea i was like reading down and i love bloch too. I haven't actually had a lesson because i got the shoes yesterday but i love them!!

HAVE FUN ANNIE
By FlexisKeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1846, member since Sun May 02, 2004
On Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:05 PM
i've only worn sansha recitals and capezio glisses. so i guess the glisses were the worst pair of shoes i've ever had. they were too square for me and the vamp was quite low. other than that they were ok though. i liked how they were made better than the way sanshas are made, that's for sure.
By greentutu2 Comments: 205, member since Fri Aug 26, 2005
On Tue Aug 30, 2005 06:02 PM
I've never had any I didn't like! I've started with one shoe and I've ordered successive pairs of them becuse I like them so much.
By lucretia Comments: 30, member since Wed Aug 03, 2005
On Wed Aug 31, 2005 06:56 AM
I'm going to have to go with Gaynor Mindens. Their very low profile bruised the heck out of my poor toenails, I lost strength and they made my pretty nice feet look bad.
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2116, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 04:26 PM
I voted bloch serenades...ugh.....they didn't hurt so bad and were fine for a first pair, but the way they were built made them look twisted on my foot.....and i went through them in 5 weeks :O i just gpt my new ones today, they are russian pointes, polette, and they are wonderfull! i havnt danced in them yet, but im sure they will be great! :D
Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch