Poll: Ballet / Pointe - General

Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: What is the Worst Pair of pointe shoes You have ever had? Why?
By delusionaldancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 788, member since Sat Jan 08, 2005
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 04:45 PM
Freeds Studio IIs. Did something dreadful to my big toe which meant i could only dance on them for about fifteen minutes before being in absolutely excruciating pain.

Always loved Freed Classics though :)
By filigree_montagemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 431, member since Sat Sep 03, 2005
On Thu Sep 15, 2005 08:37 AM
LEO'S!!! They were a little too narrow, though the fitter assured me they were fine (not so much the fault of Leo's as the fitter perhaps) But I found I had a hard time with roll through and releve, eleve etc. And they were tremendously uncomfortable!! And you know what?? I even tried Leo's again after that for some idiotic reason! And same thing! Terrible time with rolling up onto pointe. Don't like them AT ALL!

filly mon
By jewels91 Comments: 3, member since Thu Jan 01, 2015
On Thu Jan 01, 2015 04:24 PM
I absolutely love Russian pointes! I also loved the grishko maya more than anything else and now get them custom made for only $10 more than the normal ptice from my dealer! The worst pair i have been fiited in would have to be either gaynor mindens or mirellas both because my big toe pressed too much into the floor and hurt like h*** worst pair i have ever danced entirely in was bloch synergy but in grneral i hate blochs. The shank breaks in funny and leaves this strange bump in the demi area so that the arch area of the shank becomes unsupportive.
By BalletSwan Comments: 34, member since Mon Mar 02, 2015
On Tue Mar 03, 2015 05:16 PM
I loath Capezio pointe shoes. Every pair I got broke in the first thirty minutes of class. They were uncomfortable and the metal was sticking out. I keep a chandelier of my dead Capezio shoes. Don't ever get those, the company should stick to jazz shoes.
By PrimaBallerina21 Comments: 20, member since Tue Mar 03, 2015
On Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:32 PM
Freed!!! I despise them, it could be because I'm a professional dancer with strong feet & high arches but they die too quick, they often die around 30 minutes into a rehearsal which can get very annoying. I've tried all of them even custom made but sadly they just don't work for me.I prefer Russian pointe which at least last me an hour or so.I like Grishko too,in my slot I've got 11 pairs of Russian Pointe and 8 of Grishko as well as Sansha split sole pointe shoes just in case of an emergency/needing split soles for a rehearsal as well a pair of capezio's that I de-shanked to use for demi-pointe as I can't stand demi-pointe shoes :)
By Ballerinafrom13 Comments: 1, member since Wed Mar 08, 2017
On Wed Mar 08, 2017 02:25 AM
My second pair (current)

They are grishko nova med shank. And as i was testing if i sewed the ribbons in the right place and elasic, i rolled through demi and pushed (like you do when you break you shoes in) then heard a pop. Turns out the shank snapped...anyone know why?

My first pair were these to but they lasted me ten hours
Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch