Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - Advanced

Hip Hop - Advanced
Welcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!! (karma: 1)
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Thu May 19, 2005 10:18 AM
Edited by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-05-22 12:51:14 Fixed typo in the title. ;)
Made sticky by soliloquy (28370) on 2005-05-22 12:51:27

Too all of you out there in dance.net world. Welcome.

The types of posts you will see here ARE NOT related to "Advanced hip-hop DANCING". But rather intelligent topics on the culture of hip-hop. This ranges from the ideals, to dancing, to graffitti. But if you have a burning question that mus be answered in more depth like "How is the animation style of popping done?" As opposed to "what's popping?" then feel free to ask.

This board is more of a place to bounce off ideas, and debate a little on your personal thoughts about hip-hop. You will see things written about the mainstream hip-hop, why MJ and Usher aren't hip-hop (to come soon!!!), TRUE history of hip-hop etc.

Posts that I will be making are actually "mini-essays" and sections that will later be included in my book on the history of hip-hop dancing (as there is more to it and more thruths than I put out under the regualar board).

I think that sums it up well enough.
Peace and respects to all seeking KNOWLEDGE, the 5th element of hip-hop.
Invent
Funkacidal Maniacs Crew
Generations Popping Crew

4 Replies to Welcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!!

re: Wlcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!!
By iH0p Comments: 562, member since Wed Aug 04, 2004
On Sat May 21, 2005 09:57 AM
oy there's an eve vs missy elliot post now... i'm sticking to this section. now where's everybody else.

ihop
re: Wlcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!!
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sat May 21, 2005 03:42 PM
Yes... I mispelled "Welcome". I got excited...

COME ON AND APPLY GUYS!!! I want some goood posts and responses!!!
Invent
re: Welcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!!
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Mon May 23, 2005 11:52 PM
It's ok Invent, you're allowed to bounce up and down for a bit ;)

Just a note for all those submitting applications:

We do NOT approve anyone simply on basis of being "in the most advanced class in the studio" or "wanting to be a professional dancer when I grow up". Rather, we require you to prove yourself on the regular forums first - so if you've never posted at all, or have only posted on the General forum, you might want to think about contributing to the regular hiphop forums first... :)

Also - we don't mind longer, detailed applications - the more we know about you, the better!
re: Welcome to the ADVANCED hip-hop section!!!!
By kabdancer Comments: 420, member since Sat Aug 21, 2004
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:31 AM
*sigh of relief*

Hey Invent and IHop!! Congrats on the advanced Hip Hop board!! I'm so glad you got this, I had to take a break for a while, say no more ....you know what I mean. But now maybe some more intelligent conversations will ensue.

cheers
Kabdancer

ReplySendWatch