Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: the ULTIMATE competition/perf ormance checklist!
By Dancematic20 Comments: 7, member since Wed May 10, 2006
On Wed Jul 05, 2006 03:14 PM
Can you give me advice on performing for a solo audition please contact me at danceaddict20@hotmail.com
By AlyssaPremium member Comments: 1020, member since Tue Jul 04, 2006
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 05:50 PM
That`s a great post! I always need checklists to be prepared for everything! If not I always forget something. I loved this. Karma =)

GOT_The_pointex3
By woosh Comments: 33, member since Wed Sep 06, 2006
On Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:01 AM
wow thanks so much... im everywhere at competitions... i mean i lost my shimmer tights at the last ones lol... but im gonna follow this guide and i didnt know you could use clear nail polish to stop runners. fankooooo xxx
By pink_and_sparkly Comments: 7, member since Sat Sep 30, 2006
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 03:32 AM
thanks heaps it all makes so much sense now i finally can have everything right and not hav 2 worry about much except mi dancing
re: the ULTIMATE competition/perf ormance checklist! (karma: 1)
By slipjig_cleary Comments: 90, member since Fri Mar 31, 2006
On Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:10 AM
For all irish dancers you forgot...
Wig
Kick pants
Sock Glue
Extra pair of poodle socks
Shoe polish
Extra shoe laces (for hard and softshoes)
Earrings(school earrings only!!)
Number holder/ ribbon
Black duct tape or electrical tape
Cami
Zip up sweatshirt (can be put on over wig)
Lunch (never buy feis food, way over priced!)
6 ponytail holders (for wig + one extra)
Hairspray ( if you do bangs
Soft spikes ( if you don't have a wig)
Curling iron ( if you Don't have a wig)Money ( to replace anything and to shop at the ved
By dancerina234 Comments: 22, member since Sun Mar 19, 2006
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:33 PM
haha good idea!! i always get so stressed before comepetitionss! and i always end up forgetting something or another! good post!
By enlair_ROM10_15 Comments: 20, member since Sun Nov 26, 2006
On Sun Nov 26, 2006 02:43 AM
This is great! ... Our Annual ballet production is in 1 week and a half! I keep a clear plastic trundle box for costume pieces and a metal makeupcase full of ballet things during the year and I was thinking it's about time to get them out and organize my stuff... Very helpful to be able to compare ...
By lizzydancer Comments: 28, member since Sat Dec 02, 2006
On Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:34 PM
o wow this was really helpful! Thanks for the list!
SWEEET.
By dAnCeR4eVeRx33 Comments: 3, member since Sun Jan 28, 2007
On Sun Jan 28, 2007 05:23 PM
THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR THE LIST. I'VE MADE MY OWN TOO! HERE YA GO!

Costumes
Dance Shoes
Hats
Jewlery
All Make up
Blush
Foundation
Bronzer
Eye Liner
Mascara
Eye Shadow
Lip Stick
Lip GLoss
Extra Clothes
Vaseline
Deoderant
Brush
Comb
TOOTH BRUSH
Hair Spray
Hair Gel
Rubber Bands
Hair Nets
Bobby Pins
Spring Clips
Bandages
Sewing Kit
Baby Wipes
Highlighter
Money
Water
Healthy Snacks
Sweatshirt
Camera
Music
MP3,ipod,walkman
By belle_danseur Comments: 9, member since Thu Feb 22, 2007
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:08 AM
great list, this was very helpful! i'll show my friends, they're always bugging me for safety pins or bobby pins at competitions...
By RhythmNSoleQT Comments: 41, member since Fri Mar 02, 2007
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:02 PM
Thank you soooooo much!!!! I've been looking for one of these online for so long! Thank Goodness for DDN!
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4424, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Sat Apr 21, 2007 02:22 PM
This is a VERY nice post..but I dont agree with what you said about the clear earrings...

If you just get your ears pierced, you have to keep the same ones in when you get them pierced for atleast six weeks.

So...I don't recommend the clear earrings for if you just got your ears pierced....etc.

~MK
By balletbabe7191 Comments: 58, member since Wed Mar 21, 2007
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 08:50 PM
I like the whole baby powder idea for changing tights when your sweaty.....when they stick to your skin it's the worst. As for the whole bring an extra pair of tights thing... I learned that the hard way. We were running late for a competition and I accidently grabbed my little sisters tights instead. When I was frantically changing into them, the ENTIRE croch ripped apart.

So basically, I think I'll print this thing off and use it for a checklist :)
By spaceydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 191, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Wed Apr 25, 2007 07:29 PM
thank you so much! i find this helpful for packing my dance back before big concerts and recitals... if i was able, KARMA! :)

kate
By Stephy111 Comments: 42, member since Mon Apr 16, 2007
On Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:05 PM
great post, I always forget the clear nail polish and I ALWAYS make runs in my tights.

There is one thing that has not been mentioned (i think) and it's body glitters (of course only if you are allowed to wear some because some studios don't allow them)

something else we all forget: homework... (on purpose most of time) when we're at these long competitions where you only dance at 9:00 am and the awards are like at 2:00pm and you have tons of homework to do... I know it sounds really boring and it's fun to watch other numbers but remember that you'll be tired after you are back home and you won't really feel like doing those homework until 2:00 in the morning ;) so bring some music if it helps you concentrate, find a quiet spot and bring your homework with you.
By rachaelxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 60, member since Sat May 05, 2007
On Thu May 10, 2007 09:23 AM
Thanks for posting this! It always helps to have a checklist before a performance.
By CompDancer43 Comments: 169, member since Thu May 17, 2007
On Sat May 19, 2007 06:20 PM
thank you thank you thank you!!!! even though ive been competing for 5 years now, i still forget little things all the time. even when i go back and triple check everything, i always find that there's something missing in my bag, from my costume, for my hairpiece, or my makeup. even my friends have the same problems. i should print out that list so i can have something extra to refer to.
By aviDancer242 Comments: 28, member since Wed May 02, 2007
On Sun May 27, 2007 11:02 AM
thank you this is so helpful i always am running around trying to remember everything before competitions or shows this has made it easier.
By nettelamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 394, member since Sun May 20, 2007
On Wed Jun 06, 2007 07:46 AM
this is really helpful. Thnk you~
By get_the_pointe07 Comments: 344, member since Thu Jun 07, 2007
On Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 AM
This is a really good list! Sadly we're not going to any more competitions this year!! I'm printing it out for next year!
By k_dancer10 Comments: 24, member since Mon Jul 10, 2006
On Wed Jun 13, 2007 02:05 PM
Great list! I always seem to forgot something! Will definetly make a list for next years recital and competition time so that i'll be prepared! Oh and something else to add, make sure you have all of your costumes before you leave!I've had it happen a few times where people accidently take one of your costumes home and they realize that they have two.. haha \
anyways, great post (:
By dancingincereal Comments: 767, member since Wed Feb 21, 2007
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 08:01 PM
if youre going to an outside competition like a state or county fair - chairs that are comfortable, blankets, sweaters, sunscreen, and bug spray are all necessary! haha! even if its supposed to be a nice day. just leave the blanket and stuff in the trunk of your car if it is nice out, but then if it starts to get bad, then youre prepared.
By balletequalslife Comments: 25, member since Mon Jun 25, 2007
On Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:53 AM
those are the things I usually bring!! I totally agree.
By dancing_gert Comments: 87, member since Sun Aug 26, 2007
On Sun Oct 14, 2007 03:41 PM
this is a great thread!!
By lindseylu Comments: 23, member since Sat Oct 27, 2007
On Tue Nov 06, 2007 08:22 AM
wow great list
I'll be sure to use it next competition I have
Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch