Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

FAST TAP COMBINATIONS!
By kydisneydancer14
On Sun May 29, 2005 12:01 PM

at the last competition i went to, one of the judges comments was to have my tap number be a little harder. i selfchorographed the number and am having a hard time coming up with cool fast rhythem tap sections. i have enough tricks i just need more of the quick, many sound tap combinations. does anyone have any of these really cool, many sounds, fast combinations? i also need some cool tap turns. any suggestions to either? thanks!

4 Replies to FAST TAP COMBINATIONS!

combinations
By aprilmay13135
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:11 AM
i've found it really helpful to experiment with the rhythms of songs other than the one your dancing to in order to come up with rhythmic steps.

so pop in a song other than the one you're currently dancing to, and dabble with new steps, or the rhythms of knowns steps, and see how that new rhythm or that new step works in the song you're dancing to.

i hope that makes sense!
re: FAST TAP COMBINATIONS!
By albobdancer91
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:45 PM
wow that's a really good idea.... me and my duo partner which wer 7 years apart self did our tap duo for cionpetition and all of the juges says it's needs to be harder but were having a hard time comming up with turns cause that's our strong point in tap shoes
FAST TAP COMBINATIONS!
By lyricbirdPremium member
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:59 PM
I find that syncopation is a good way to increase the difficulty level in a routine. Try accenting different parts of the rhythm - not necessarily the most obvious ones. Take a 3 beat rhythm and put it into a 4 count measure or the other way around (or an 11 beat rhythm into a 4 count measure for that matter).

Just remember that one of the keys to performing fast rhythms is to put little breaths (or pauses in between). If everything's fast it doesn't work. You have to mix tempos to make it all more interesting to the ear.

~Liz
re: FAST TAP COMBINATIONS!
By missjustine
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 05:34 PM
my advise is to take simple combinations n play about with them.for example easy buffle step can look total different if you add a toe tap straight after the shuffle!dont alter the tempo though!also steps which have heel beats can appear complex if you do two heel beats instead of one!or steps which land on the balls of the feet like maxi ford can look fab with a cramp roll ...ie drop the heels individually wen landing!loads of fun!good luck..

ReplySendWatch