Priority Accessories

Forum: Ballet / Character Ballet

Character Ballet
How do you break in character shoes? en>fr fr>en
By AutomaticTeapotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1318, member since Mon Jan 31, 2005
On Sat Jun 04, 2005 05:05 AM

I just got character shoes for my school's summer intensive, and they are killing my heel because they are really stiff any suggestions for breaking them in?

19 Replies to How do you break in character shoes?

re: How do you break in character shoes? en>fr fr>en
By Pongomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6747, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Mon Jun 06, 2005 02:52 PM
The only thing i really do is wear them around the house, maybe releve a bit. You know, you can wear toe pads with them if they get painful.

lexi :D
By Dizzychampmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2861, member since Tue Mar 11, 2003
On Mon Jun 06, 2005 04:06 PM
if there rubbing at the heel place a plaster in them?

i tend to bend them before i wear them to warm them up a bit!
and wear them around the house alot as well as at class!

hope this helped a little!

loads of love

lauren xxxxxx
By magentamimi Comments: 39, member since Fri Aug 13, 2004
On Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:29 PM
step on the heel, walk around the house, once I put eletrical tape on the heel because it rubbed so much, I cut slits into the sole so I don't slip on our wood floors, thats about it.
By ilurvedance Comments: 489, member since Thu Jun 02, 2005
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 01:29 AM
I don't think there is any real methods of breaking in. Just put plasters where ever hurts. Good Luck!

~ilurvedance~
By calista_soo_cy Comments: 182, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Thu Jun 09, 2005 06:28 AM
Use a candle and rub the cutty areas with the candle..or you can buy those special plaster like things but with padding...and place them at those areas
By AutomaticTeapotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1318, member since Mon Jan 31, 2005
On Sat Jun 11, 2005 04:35 PM
Thanks guys, at first I was like plasters....
Then I was like OOOOO band-aids I totally knew that :)
By DaNciNgONmyGravemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1042, member since Sat Oct 16, 2004
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 07:08 PM
Wow I definitely didn't know what they meant by "plasters" either. Good thing I read your post - I was just about to ask that question...
By Pongomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6747, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 03:53 PM
hehe me toO! I thought they were saying to use plaster, like what walls are made of ;)
By KaseyLynn Comments: 2529, member since Tue Mar 23, 2004
On Mon Jun 13, 2005 03:56 PM
For show choir, all of the girls would just put larger sized bandaids on the inside of the heel. That will help a lot during the break in process.

Kasey Lynn
By BadaylaPremium member Comments: 1529, member since Tue Jun 21, 2005
On Tue Jun 21, 2005 02:41 PM
simple there is polish that sofesns the sole also you canwear them around the house
By sophsterrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1297, member since Thu Jun 23, 2005
On Thu Jun 23, 2005 09:12 PM
you probably got yours already but sodanca has REALLY good character shoes. they are incredibly soft and so comfortable. there are like...gel padding at the throughout the shoe so your feet never get blistered.
On Mon Jun 27, 2005 05:24 PM
Ok, thanks guys i wil try the electrical tape and the band-aids (plasters)
Thanks again!
By dancin4ever333 Comments: 12, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:22 PM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-06-30 23:32:35 Pointless post. If you want to be a member here please contribute to the website.
dhghrbdfbu1
By yellowroses510 Comments: 6, member since Thu Jun 30, 2005
On Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:52 PM
I just wore mine around the house for 1-2 hours a day until I felt comfortable with them. Hand-i-Wipes are really cheap dish rags that you can find at the dollar or grocery store and are great to put in the toes or heel of the shoe. I should own stock in that company, I've used that product so much!!!
By Summer1 Comments: 25, member since Fri Jul 15, 2005
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 09:57 PM
I always bend the heel in and out for a while to losen them up. It works pretty good for me.
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6188, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 04:09 PM
I bend mine a lot and spray water on them. You can also place moleskin (felt with sticky stuff) on the inside of the hee against where your foot goes, so you don't get blisters.

M
By Maydmay Comments: 29, member since Tue Aug 02, 2005
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:55 PM
Hammer the part that hurts - it really helps. You can do that on canvas or leather shoes. I hit the heels really hard as I know how much pressure I need to apply. But if you haven't tried hammering before, do it gently first, then put the shoes on to test whether you need to repeat the hammering. Some hammers have a flat side and a round side. I find the latter more effective.

The logic of hammering is to flatten and smoothen the surface so that it won't scratch your skin to cause blisters. Hammering also loosen the texture so you don't feel so tight.
By weedancer1 Comments: 34, member since Sat May 28, 2005
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 05:10 AM
maybe its just me or the shoes I got but my character shoes didnt need breaking in! I thought they were more comfortable than ballet shoes! maybe it was because i was like 7 or something when i got my first pair and i thought i was soo grown up with 'heels' on and I didnt think about whether they were stiff or not!
By spazz_jazz Comments: 49, member since Mon Aug 15, 2005
On Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:35 AM
i havn't got charector shoes yet, but i really would like them, i think they look really proffesional and i love the skirts!!
i would suggest, from commen sense just to bend them alot.

ReplySendWatch