Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

I GOT MY PACANZ NOMINATION!!!!
By leezathebaleriza
On Mon Jun 06, 2005 05:53 AM

well the title basically says it.....

I GOT IT! FIRST TRY THIS YEAR TOO! oooo im so excited! hehe.

question for those who know, do you normally have to do a impromptu during the nomination process!? i was really sure we didn't need to but the competition made us!

anyway, sorry about the basically pointless post, but im so excited to go to tauranga!! hehehe.....

keep dancing!

24 Replies to I GOT MY PACANZ NOMINATION!!!!

re: I GOT MY PACANZ NOMINATION!!!!
By NZdancer
On Tue Jun 07, 2005 03:15 AM
Woohoo Leeza! Shot bro... Where did you receive it and who else were you against?

Yeah I don't think they have an impromptu class anymore. I've been to two, and neither have had an impromptu class.

I'll see you there... Hehe, still havn't told you who I am... I'll PM you when the site lets me because I havn't posted enough yet..

NZDancer
By leezathebaleriza
On Tue Jun 07, 2005 09:26 PM
hehe! THANX!

umm i did mine in Christchurch at the GCT comps held over the queens birthday weekend. There were 5 of us in the class and two of us got through! (the other one, which is also from my school, which is great!) All the girls were local, but i hear the coming Christchurch Comps have got a few from west coast and down south, so im looking forward to sitting back and watching!! yay!

yea, i didn't think you needed to do an impromptu, but when i asked about it, they told me it was optional for them to run it or not! hehe.

to NZ DANCER, i think you should post some more comments so your name can finally be revealed!
By NZdancer
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 04:53 AM
Hahah well... Hmmm I don't wanna boast.. But if i reveal one "minor" detail it will give it away...

Heheh, I was the only guy that danced at nationals.. That help..?
By Angelmum
On Thu Jun 09, 2005 02:28 AM
Leezathebaleriza, you're such a show off....

Actually, YOU ROCK!

I know leezathebaleriza, and for all you folks out there, she was totally awesome (and SO shy) and she forgot to tell you all that she also won the senior jazz championship with the same jazz dance she did for her nomination - now why would she forget to mention that?

Tauranga won't know what hit them....

PS: I bet you were waiting for me to say something.....
By leezathebaleriza
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 06:18 AM
hehe. NZ dancer, i guessed you! i pm'd you, i hope im right!

angelmum! i always love to hear from you! i didnt mention i won the jazz champ! my bad......! bring on tauranga! i love trips away, they are always so much fun!
By NZdancer
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:06 PM
Ha, yeah you guessed right.. I added you to msn.. Anyways.. Where were the other Chch girls e.g. Zara, Erin, Kylie.. Dunno anyothers..

So you pumped bout Nationals..?
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:22 PM
dum de do.. am I the only one that doesn't know what a PACANZ is?

Is i a competition? When is it? Is it in Tauranga? cool.. can I come watch?
By NZdancer
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 04:35 AM
PACANZ stands for Performing Arts Competition Association of New Zealand. Every year, they hold a national competition called Young Performer of the Year (there is a thread that I created down the page..). Every year, they hold different styles and forms of the Performing Arts e.g. Modern Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Pianoforte, Singing, Highland etc.. You compete against other performers who have gone through the "heat" process in which they perform certain criteria to get through and be nominated/elegible to compete at PACANZ (Nationals). Then you go through the process of Pre-Lims, Semi's etc to get to Finals and then your Young Perofmer of the Year 2005 in their Performing Arts Catergory.

Hope this claryfies it..

NZDancer
By leezathebaleriza
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 04:56 AM
hey NZ dancer....

zara got picked in westport, and erin got picked in welly the same weekend i did. so yea, kylie was in the same nomination class as me....... yeaa

fully pumped for nationals! i cant wait, its ging to be so much fun! yay!
pacanz
By haymont
On Tue Jun 14, 2005 08:35 PM
hey is this the same nationals that happen every three years? I haven't danced in nz for years but I grew up dancing there...is there anywhere that lists all the past winners for say the tap award?
i want to know if it's the one that I grew up with...and competed in...the year I did it it was in chrstchurch(many years ago)
By leezathebaleriza
On Thu Jun 16, 2005 04:46 AM
hey heymont,
its every two years, but looking back at past winners, it was every three years, so im guessing they are the same ones!

im not sure if there is a website, but it says in my book the past winners and stuff, you can PM me if you want and i can scan and send it through to you!

cheers.
nationals winners
By haymont
On Mon Jun 20, 2005 06:32 AM
thanks Leezaballerina.....I would like to know who won in 1992 actually? If it ran that year, the tap award, to see if it was the same comp I danced in! can you let me know who that was? :)
By leezathebaleriza
On Tue Jun 21, 2005 04:11 AM
hey haymont...

umm in 1992 jessica hayes won the tap award..... it doesn't say where she is from, but yea.!
nationals winners
By haymont
On Tue Jun 21, 2005 07:50 PM
thanks heaps for that! Yep it's the same award I remember from when I danced! The time before that a girl from my studio got third and the one after 1992 another girl from my studio got second or third again...i think Glyn Gray got a place that year. The year I remember a girl got second and aboy called brett or brent came third I think , maybe it was the other way around? Ahhh memories. :)
nationals winners
By haymont
On Wed Jun 22, 2005 06:54 AM
ps jessica hayes was from auckland. bev birch school of dance.
By twinkletoes37
On Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:19 PM
Hey
I got a nomination too but for highland. Im really excited but I have a sore knee at the moment so im not sure if ill end up going, I hope it comes right in time.
Pananz 2005
By Libbylou
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 04:57 PM
Does anyone know the results from this years awards, was it last weekend or is it this weekend
By jenn_np
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 02:40 AM
it was last weekend!
joseph o'sullivan won the jazz! ummm sharnika robson ( not sure of the spelling ) got second I THINK annnnd jonathon thai ( not sure of the spelling again sorry ) got 3rd ......as far as i know .
By jenn_np
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 02:46 AM
jonathan** sorry, man i need to learn to spell..
By J_O_S_I_E
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:10 PM
yay!! go sharnie and joe!!! yea u got the spelling right..!!
By leezathebaleriza
On Sun Oct 23, 2005 02:55 AM
yay! go joe and jon!! lol.... awesome weekend, o so much fun!
By dance_baybee
On Mon Oct 24, 2005 01:32 AM
fully! congrats 2 all 3 everyone so deserved it! competition was really strong everyone was dancin so awsum. hot weekend. wondering wat nzdancers thinkin of doin next year i think u mentioned at the cali's u were thinkin of dance world...?
By jenn_np
On Mon Oct 24, 2005 03:11 AM
hey does anyone know where there's likely to be nominations for the tap nationals next year?
im from new plymouth and we never find out anything here we're pretty much forgotten so mmm ive gotta find somewhere to travel to..
By leezathebaleriza
On Mon Oct 24, 2005 03:42 AM
yes, good call dance_baybee.... good on all three, actually congrats to all those nominated! it was a really strong competition and it was great fun to see old friends, and make new ones! yes, nzdancer, i too would like to know what you are going to do next year! xox

ReplySendWatch