Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

New partner
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 02:26 PM

I'm so excited, I'm skating with a new partner for the summer. Nick Girardi (2005 Novice pairs bronze medalist) is skating with me for the summer and taking me through more pairs tests. I'm hoping to take Juvenile in June, Intermediate in July, and Novice in August. I just had to share my excitement. Nick and I have only skated together three times so far, but it's so fun skating with such an experienced pairs skater! I know I'm going to learn a lot from him over the summer. I'll keep you updated on how our tests go. First one is June 19.

12 Replies to New partner

re: New partner
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 08, 2005 04:26 PM
That's so cool! I'm sure you'll do great - you'll have to post pics/video soon so we can see your progress!
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 06:17 AM
Congratulations - hope your skating progresses to a new level. Do post pics of you and your new partner. It would be great to share your excitement! All the best for your future tests, I'm sure you'll do just great.
By GonnaBeAStar
On Fri Jun 10, 2005 06:20 AM
Lucky you!
You must be so excited!!
Be sure and remember to let us know how things are going with him! :)
We passed!
On Sun Jun 19, 2005 04:14 PM
Nick and I tested Juv pairs today and passed! Even though the test elements aren't that difficult, I still get nervous. So I'm just glad it's over. Now we only have three weeks to learn the new intermediate program for the test in July. Hopefully I'll get some new pictures soon too.
By nanersmom
On Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:54 AM
Good Luck on your upcomming test!! Keep us informed how you do!!!
By skatendance
On Fri Jun 24, 2005 04:53 PM
Sounds like you skating permanently together or is it that you are just testing together? either way that's great! :)
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 09:46 AM
Okay, I'm really starting to stress about the intermediate test. I can do everything in it, but Nick and I just got the program choreographed today and we test on the 10th. We only have two more days to practice before then. We didn't even practice any elements today, just ran the program marking everything. I just hate going into a test feeling unprepared. I wish we had more time to skate, but it's kinda tough with 4th of July weekend. Any de-stressing tips?
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 09:55 AM
I'd say run through the program off ice in your head and walk throughs as much as possible so you just "know" it. I wouldn't obsess over it - you're a fantastic skater from what I know of you, and if you can do the elements, as long as you and your partner are synched up and you have good communication you'll be fine :)
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 05:04 PM
Edited by ballerina84 (97786) on 2005-07-10 17:00:47
We passed the intermediate pairs test today...yay! Nick was smiling at me through the whole program so I wouldn't get nervous. I'm still working on getting those nerves under control. At the very end, Nick forgot our program and instead of doing a death spiral, he thought we had the pair sit spin next, so our presentation score got docked because we pretty much stopped skating to regroup for the death spiral. We still ended on time and passed, thankfully. That kind of mistake usually isn't as big of deal in tests as it would be competing. I think I'm going to wait a little bit before taking novice pairs though, in case I find a new partner who wanted to compete at intermediate. It was kinda stressful taking two tests within three weeks, so I'm just glad it's over.
I still don't have any pictures or videos of me and Nick, but hopefully soon I'll get some to show you all.
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 05:55 PM
Major congrats! I knew you could do it. And I can't wait to see any pics you have :)
By nanersmom
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 06:36 PM
Congratulaions!!!! I knew you could do it!!!!
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 07:59 AM
Whee!! Congratulations :D Must feel great getting one test out of the way. So glad for you. All the best.

ReplySendWatch