Forum: Advice / Guys Only

Guys Only
Addressing issues plaguing the Guys Only boards (X posted) (karma: 2)
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6013, member since Wed Nov 19, 2003
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:38 PM
Made sticky by MIClogger (28613) on 2005-06-12 23:56:46
Edited by Etoile_Filante (19013) on 2005-06-18 12:37:37 Great post, but i just removed 2 sentences with unproper words.
Made unsticky by hylndlas (107168) on 2013-04-24 08:43:21 Old thread

Okay, I've noticed some trends on the Guys Only boards lately. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to offend anyone, and I am DEFINITELY not calling anybody out, seeing as how I'm not mentioning any names.

1. Punctuation, grammar, and spelling go a long way.

That is really self-explanitory. We typically like to be able to read your posts. It allows us to fully address your questions, because we can fully understand your questions. Netspeak is not allowed. For full details on what netspeak is, visit this link. Certain common net acronyms, such as "lol," are allowed. However, it is still REALLY annoying when you use them every other word.

2. Dance.net is NOT a dating service.

Once again, self-explanitory. I don't care about your sexuality. Gay, straight, bi, trans, doesn't matter to me. But don't try to pick guys up from here. Most of us live nowhere near you and don't want to cyber or anything. There are other websites for that. Dance.net is considered to be family oriented, meaning that people of all ages can access this site. Do the world a favor, don't be a troll.

3. Please, please, PLEASE read the entire board before making a new thread.

It is REALLY annoying when you have two or three topics about the exact same thing on the front page. Just don't do it, it makes you look like a no0b.

4. Put THOUGHT in to your comments.

Thinking about what you want to say before saying it goes a long way. It says a lot for your maturity and intelligence. Don't put useless replies on a thread. I've seen people reply saying stuff like "nice" or "kool." Neither is okay. More words equals more respect.

5. There are other boards outside of the Guys Only.

This link has a list of EVERY SINGLE FORUM on dance.net Study it. Learn it. Use it. All of your stretching questions can be asked on the stretching board. All the "are you gay" discussions can be translated over to the GLBT PG-13 forum. Poke around, investigate, expand your DDN horizons! Only good can come from you posting in the right forums.

6. MOST IMPORTANT ONE. Don't be a n00b!!

The Terms of Service and this thread both have VALUABLE information that you need to know and understand. It just simply takes a small amount of effort on your part to not suck at life.

There you have it. That is all you have to do. It is up to you to read this and absorb this information and apply it to your life here on Dance.net.

2 Replies to Addressing issues plaguing the Guys Only boards (X posted)

re: Addressing issues plaguing the Guys Only boards (X posted)
By Jimmy81286 Comments: 493, member since Tue Aug 31, 2004
On Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:48 PM
caleb, i like you. so i'm going to agree with you so other people get the idea. okay. i hope everyone gets the idea. it's of minor importance.

but the same topics do seem to run on and on again. and like the guy boards are never as fun as the girls board i guess.
re: Addressing issues plaguing the Guys Only boards (X posted)
By keenecg2 Comments: 16, member since Fri Jun 24, 2011
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 08:47 AM
Thanks for addressing these problems, Guys Only boards on other websites are often plagued by the same problems!

ReplySendWatch