What do you guys think of this dancer's foot?
By Tumbler4fx
On 06/14/2005 20:48:53
I posted the same picture but didn't get much feedback before. Well I ran across it while searching for feet pictures and well on the site it said that the dancer had been dancing for about 13 years. Ballet, Pointe, Tap, and Jazz. Well the dancer's feet don't looks as defined and arch like as many dancers feet that I have seen before. I was curious to know why it doesn't look like that, it kind of looks like there is not much arch in her foot, but what do you guys think?
re: What do you guys think of this dancer's foot?
By Calliope1616
On 06/14/2005 22:50:21
I agree with the above poster! Although you can improve your arch through exercises and stretching, if you do not have a very archy arch you will never have a very archy arch because that's just how you were made. If you were somehow blessed with perfect feet and a perfect body, good for you! But try to keep in mind that not all of us were as lucky.
By Tumbler4fx
On 06/14/2005 23:08:32
Thanks everyone for replying. I knew as much I just have not seen a dancer that had feet like hers before. I was amazed when I saw it because I always worked so hard to have great feet, and on the website I saw she had great back attitude leaps and grande jetes, and great switches. So I was like wow, But it looks to me as if she is the more flat footed, instead of archy foot type. It actually gives a lot of inspration. But I guess you would have to work harder to get the balls of your toes to touch the floor in her case because she does not have as much arch.
By glitterfairy
On 06/15/2005 03:36:48
That foot may as well be mine, for all I know (although it's not... in case there are any glitterfairy-foot-fetish people around).

I have never had much of an arch. Granted, it's been developed since I first started dance, so instead of having pretty much no arch, I now have a low arch. ;)

Stuffed up calf muscle aside, my ankles and feet are pretty strong, and I *am* in fact strong enough for pointe (have also been tested for strength by professionals). My feet may not be as pretty as those who were blessed with naturally high arches, but they're still my feet, and I work them just as hard as anybody else.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 06/23/2022 22:51:31