Forum: Arts / Poetry

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: This is annoying now, please stop.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 06:29 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2005-08-17 18:33:29 added a thought
Ok look its simple really.

www.dance.net . . .

www.dance.net . . .

www.dance.net . . .

Bottom line....Please be considerate of other members and take time to learn the rules.There is no need to ask people to read your post.....if they want to they will and if they don't than they don't. If you really want someone to comment on it why not put your request in the body of your message????

By AdorableNerdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1362, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 03:18 PM
This is such a stupid post, i was so rude, i was telling everyone what to do when i should have let everybody do what they wanted and they could have SHOUTED and did everything i said not to do. It was rude of me to ask you all to stop, I should have begged alleycat not to make this a sticky and locked this post straight away when i realised how rude i was being.
I shouldn't have got ANY karma for this. It wasn't my fault. I shall hang my head in shame.
LuCy
This is annoying now, please stop,
By LasSylphide85Premium member Comments: 71, member since Sat Jul 09, 2005
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 04:03 PM
Thank you for that last message. I don't know if you really meant it, but this whole thing has kept me off dance.net till now.I think that who ever manages this site should give a tutorial for dummies like me. I just got a computer, my first computer and I am 27. People tell me in chat rooms I should take computer/typing lessons. But I am a dance teacher, I hope to make ... maybe 10K a year and that would be busting my but all over the W.M.T.A. I can not afford to take any classes, I barely have the time to take free classes where I teach. There are all these rules and I keep on fumbling here.Sometimes what people post or write as helpful hints about how to use or mainly not use on this site comes out sounding condescending and mean. I can not type fast, I do not understand chatroom jargin. I dance, I paint ,I write, I teach. And I think that if we are Adult Teachers/dancers/artists we should be able to write and fumble on this site anyway we please. Sorrry for the Rambling.

Ciao,
From your Technically Challenged Reject.
By rallyhopbackPremium member Comments: 2969, member since Fri Jan 09, 2004
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 AM
Edited by rallyhopback (81538) on 2005-08-24 11:27:30 added a thought
I think that if we are Adult Teachers/dancers/artists we should be able to write and fumble on this site anyway we please.

Hogwash!
While I am much older than you, I have been using computers for long time, so I suppose this might give me a slight advantage. Still, I had never belonged to an online community until I joined dance.net. However, as an adult I believe it is our duty to learn as much as we can about how a community operates before we start posting messages and criticizing the other members for sharing their ideas.
It took me a year before I felt "at home" here. My advice to you is to slow down, read more messages and stickies and not use your lack of computer experience as an excuse for unacceptable behaviour.

If you are confused about how something works here, ask a moderator or post a message in the appropriate forum. You'll find that most people are happy to answer your questions but very protective of DDN when newcomers attack the rules.

EDIT: Oh, and I assumed Lucy was being sarcastic. Maybe not. Just my assumption -- which made her post above hilarious.
By SnowWhitemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7666, member since Sun Oct 27, 2002
On Thu Aug 25, 2005 06:24 AM
My advice to you is to slow down, read more messages and stickies and not use your lack of computer experience as an excuse for unacceptable behaviour.

^EXACTLY! Nobody can expect special treatment just because they aren't computer whizzes. The rules/guidelines are in place for a reason and we ALL need to abide by them.

Your a dance teacher, yes? How would you feel if your students took no notice of you in class because they thought "oh well, I'm not advanced enough to listen to the rules." Same thing applies.
By Dancing_Forevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3147, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Sun Aug 28, 2005 09:23 PM
wow this turned into such a big debate!!!

well i think i have probably posted several times where i will put a title and then like a ...and a please help! or please read this! type thing...but i never post with UPPER CASE LETTERS and i never just post with a title like that.

so ya personally if someone adds a "please help" or whatever to the end of their post it doesn't bother me, but i agree with Adorable Nerd that you should just put that, and not in big letters.

and hey hun...i'm going to reply to some of your poems because i know how it feels too. i have posted A LOT of poems here and i have many that have not been responded too.

i think everyone who writes poetry is good because they write from their heart. if someone doesn't reply to your post they just haven't taken the time to see or feel what you are truly saying.

but let me say one thing...having a catchy title to your poem will be more attractive to the eye than "PLEASE READ!"

luv ya
By AdorableNerdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1362, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Sat Sep 03, 2005 01:30 PM
Thank you for that last message.

naaaaahahaha
To some of you... i shall say this-

You seem to think, that I, myself want more people to reply to my poems. Although that is true, it would be very nice if people did that, i really did not want a sympathy vote here. If you like MY poems, you like them. If you don't, you don't. I'll be pleasantly suprised if you like them and i wont care if you don't.
Everybody writes their own poems with a different style, and everybody here has their own opinion. Some people may like humerous poems, while others enjoy listening to the truthful poems, or the ones that reach your heart.
This post was not, i repeat, NOT calling out to you all to listen to MY poems. And i find it quite disturbing, actually, that you do seem to think that.
By all means, you can read my poems. Bur please, if you don't like them, don't grit your teeth and bear the fact that they're not the best in the world,and comment on them saying how much you like them just because I have listed a few of the poems that people have not enjoyed.
My time here is done. Carry on the debate...
LuCy
By Ballet_Boo_Boomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 988, member since Wed Dec 01, 2004
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 06:59 PM
*News Castor Voice*
A thread-hijack took place on a familiar DDN board (Art - Poetry) when one member only wanted everyone to be considerate of each other; and one person thought they were special and the rules applied to everyone else but themselves. Authorities say that LuCy took the thread back under command on Sat Sep 03, 2005 01:30 PM, by replying a "hasty" reply stating that no sympathy was wanted--and that *ended* the hijack. Now to the sports...

*regular voice*
Um, so, yah, that's my oppinion..but now that that's all over, let's rejoice that saying "PLEASE REPLY/COMMENT" on titles in all caps has ceased! Yay! Yippee! *does victory dance* teehee!

.mandy.
By pointeytoes7791member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1143, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:56 AM
amen adorablenerd!
By pheebs17member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 530, member since Thu Dec 07, 2006
On Thu Jul 05, 2007 09:48 PM
Ok what AdorableNerd is talking about is called star farming and its quite frowned apon/ illegal at dance.net. so dont do it.
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3639, member since Fri Feb 09, 2007
On Tue May 13, 2008 02:41 PM
Hi Lucy,

Sorry but I put this on my titles and I find nothing wrong with it people put it if they want to and if they want to reply or not they can it doesnt mean you can tell people what not to put on there titles

Hannah
ps: not been rude but I find that quit afensive
By irishdaydreamermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1538, member since Tue Jul 10, 2007
On Tue May 13, 2008 03:19 PM
^ Hmmmm......

I take "afence" at your spelling offence afence.

Just thought you should know that spelling matters.

Comment #7182612 deleted
Removed by Odessa (22571) on 2008-05-13 15:36:51 double post

By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:10 AM
hi Very good Post I agree with you so much I think people should even just pu one line off there poem as a title even a word out off the poem or one off the emotions etc
anyway great post :D
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Fri Apr 30, 2010 01:49 PM
Keep in mind that this a dancers' website. All of us (except those who write about dance) probably would get more comments if we posted on a writers' website.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch