Forum: General / Hip Hop / Popping

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Can race determine how well you can dance?
By jlmodel
On Sun Aug 14, 2005 08:15 PM
I think that thought, for whom that may believe it, is a bunch of bullsh$$. I have seen white boys and asians pop as well as African Americans. Whether he was choreographed or not, I think Justin Timberlake has done some tight popping in his videos(Like I Love You). Another person whom I feel is a very underrated, that can pop and lock is Ginuwine. Forget Usher, Ginuwine is an awesome dancer and popper. He has an advantage over those like Usher and Omarion, because long before he came out in 1996, he was a professional breakdancer in D.C. Check out his video "In Those Jeans" if you haven't seen it. Watch the end. He does some tight moves I've never seen before. Or even the "Same Ole' G" video. That man can pop.

Race doesn't determine how well you can pop or lock. I agree with that person that stated the above: It depends on how much you practice.

JL
By NeeNee08
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:22 PM
i agree that whites can't do every hip hop or modern dance as well as other cultures simply because they dont have a specific dance culture of their own. im black cuban and native american. and ever since i was young all i did was dance. just my family thinks there is a major importance in dance. we even have a holy dance,which requires you to put your heart and soul in to it.
By xarbon
On Wed Sep 14, 2005 04:12 PM
This thread is ridiculous. If you can dance, it's cause you have rythm and ability, not cause you're of any certain race.
By jlmodel
On Wed Sep 14, 2005 04:24 PM
I totally agree with you on that.

JL
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch