Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ...
By Cluichmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 09:16 AM

Embarrassing picture of me as I was showing off my fantastic (hah!) leaps. Luckily I *was* wearing my dark underwear but this serves as a warning just what kilts can do! Have a giggle! :D

40 Replies to Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ...

re: Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ...
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 09:32 AM
Hahaha... so true. I don't think I've forgotten to wear my black underwear... I really like your kilt though! What tartan is it??
By GonnaBeAStar
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 09:34 AM
Lol, everyone else looks so amused at you! :)
I forgot my black pants once, just wore my white national ones... if anyone noticed they didn't mention to me, lol! :)
By Two_Left_Feet
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:01 AM
Can a dancer actually be disqualified if they don't have their black undies on?
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:29 AM
Hehe... I forgot my black undies to a show once and was unfortunately wearing skin toned ones underneath. I have no idea what the audience might have thought!
By fairy_elephant
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 01:04 PM
thats the dress burgandy maclean of duart, and I think in premier you can be disqualified for not wearing dark pants. If not its a 5 point penalty, which can be as good as disqualification in premier anyway!!! Best save our points and dignity and wear them!!!
By GonnaBeAStar
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 01:13 PM
I dont think you could actually be disqualified, because it's only a tiny part of the costume - and it's your dancing you're being judged on, not how pretty you look!! I think, according to the rules, it would just be a couple of points penalty... :?
By gingerjigger
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 02:31 PM
a girl that i dance with forgot her dark pants for our dance show and had to dance wearing yellow pokadotted ones instead. it was really funny it can be really obivous sometimes espechally if it is a raised stage!
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 04:00 PM
Too bad we can't get skivvies to match the kilts!:D
Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ...
By swingingkiltsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 04:08 PM
LOL, when Sam danced the first time at a packed Lion's Club, wearing her new (25yr old) kilt, turning on her first step of the Fling made be GREEN! She had on white undies and pink hearts on them!!! Thanks for the great reminder to never forget the last minute essentials. Now we own 4 pairs of black undies just incase.
I'm so pleased that she was not ready to compete yet, but as your responses show, even the most experienced dancers might forget.

Your tartan is stunning and all you girls look cool and relaxed.
Was this before a comp?
re: Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ... (karma: 1)
By booverly
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 04:29 PM
The rules state that you must wear dance trunks that are black or toning with the kilt. I interpret that to mean that you can wear any colour as long as it matches the dominant colour of your kilt.

I'm trying to convince ceolas that she should wear hot pink trunks!

Cluich: what's the average age of the dancers with you?
By GordonGirl_82
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 06:03 PM
LOL, great photo!

I'm not sure about getting disqualified for not wearing the right underwear, although at one championship I went to, some poor girl got disqualified from all of her dances because she was wearing stockings under her kilt outfit. I guess she did it so she could change quickly into her aboyne or something, and I don't know how the judges noticed it!
By KirstenLeeSmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 09:10 PM
Anybody know the tartan of the girl in blue?
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 01:41 AM
We were doing a two-day Celtic festival and we shared the stage with some Irish Dancers, so we just showed off some of our stuff to attract an audience before we started for real.
The ages of the dancers in this picture range from 14 to 56! We went for Premier dancers only because it was 5 dance schools put together (well, we hand-picked 12 dancers we liked XD), so we needed to be sure they were versatile.
This was the event where I injured my achilles tendon that got me all freaked out over whether I could do my Associate. And I did forget my black underwear for my Associate exam!! But then again, I was such an airhead that morning I even had to go back home to fetch my dance shoes ... ;)
black underwear
By dancinbebe2
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:40 AM
Actually, I think in premier its a must. Yes, it may be hard to belive that you might be disqualified but when your at that stage of the game, the small, tiny, things can change you comming from a first to a sixth. Everything matters.
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:44 PM
5 marks off in premier is the same as being disqualified - the standard is too high. The judge might even decide to take off 5 marks every time s/he sees the offending undies!
By momofthreedancrsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 09:59 PM
Edited by momofthreedancrs (99485) on 2005-06-29 21:56:40
Edited by momofthreedancrs (99485) on 2005-06-29 21:57:21
Edited by momofthreedancrs (99485) on 2005-06-29 21:58:35
I have several that I've taken that daddy said where just to risky, Heres one from this weekend that daddy didnt like.

Image hotlink - 'http://tinypic.com/6i9mqr.jpg'

On Thu Jun 30, 2005 03:32 AM
Momofthreedancers: In a way I can see his point, and I wasn't too sure whether I'd post my picture because it does show a lot of leg. But since it was me who was the embarrassed party and it's still sort of covered up (thank God for the upper part of the kilt which is sewn down!), I went for it anyway.
re: Oh, so THAT'S why we wear dark underwear ... (karma: 1)
By garethmitchelson
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 05:49 AM
re disqualification / marks off

there should be no marks off for not wearing appropriately coloured underwear

dress code penalties apply only in exceptional circumstances (as per the rule book) and i would say that the colour of underwear is at most insignificant

gareth
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 06:24 AM
I had a dancer given a warning because she was wearing bicycle trunks - they were the length of tap pants and black...We just had her tuck them up inside.
By highlandlassie
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:39 AM
dancingqueenkirs: The girl in blue is wearing Dress Arisaid Hebridean. It's a nice tartan! :)
By dancer_gurl3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:59 AM
One time, a few of our dancers were doing the reel, and they had pictures taken of them while they were doing it. One of these pictures was painted (very largely, must I add) on a window of a mall as an advertisement or something of the sort. One of the girls was wearing hot pink underwear... She wasnt too happy when she saw that picture...
By IrishBirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 02:00 AM
Thats so odd (sorry-coming from an Irish dancer we have bloomers made to match our comstume). Couldn't you guys wear something like chear leading bloomers underneath or does your kilt not fly up that high very often?
Mal
P.S. I love the kilts in the picture, very elegant :D
By highlandlassie
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 06:58 AM
Hmmm... Does anyone know what tartan the burgundy kilt is? (Not the girl jumping, but the other burgundy kilt)? I just noticed it. I really like it, but I don't know what it is! Actually, I'd like to suggest it to one of our dancers currently looking for a tartan. She's thinking burgundy and different, which this fits. Anyone know??
By WritingLassie
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 06:42 PM
Haha cluich, that's funny!
I love the Dress Blue Arisaid Hebridean!If I was a dancer that would SO be my tartan!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch