Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - Advanced

Hip Hop - Advanced
Boogaloo
By iH0p Comments: 562, member since Wed Aug 04, 2004
On Tue Jun 28, 2005 04:39 PM

I've seen different things be classified as boogaloo... and a lot of times, they look VERY different.

So exactly... what is it?

And don't tell me its "just movement in circular motions." Because nowadays, looking at LA style, there's a lot being done outside the traditional definition of boogaloo and yet still classified under that category.

ihop

2 Replies to Boogaloo

re: Boogaloo
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Wed Jun 29, 2005 05:33 PM
Boogaloo- the word roots from the latin (american) term of bugalu or bugaloo), which means to express the soul. It can also be interpreted as to freestyle.

Boogaloo, was freestyled movements. Everyone did boogaloo differently back in the day. Why?? Because it is a very personal style. Now it all looks the same, from the LA (EB boogaloo) taking over...

but ask aiko.. back in the day everyone used to get down differently because that WAS the dance. Everyone made their own moves and got down in different ways...
Invent

PS- I love you!!!
re: Boogaloo
By Jahz Comments: 221, member since Wed Dec 15, 2004
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 09:59 PM
Invent, that's so unmanly for you to say you love someone. A man says you're hot and let's do a little somethin' somethin tonight. Oh, and, couldn't have defined it better myself.

ReplySendWatch