Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

My Daughter's Eildon Kilt
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 01:12 AM

As promised here is a picture of my daughter in her new kilt. She just got the kilt a week ago at the Red Deer Highland Games. The tartan is the Eildon tartan. She doesn't have her hose yet but they have been ordered.

This picture was taken at Heritage Park at a Dance Out.

13 Replies to My Daughter's Eildon Kilt

re: My Daughter's Eildon Kilt
By claimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 02:05 AM
For a beginner, your daughter has two very nice outfits, LUCKY HER.
She is very well turned out (both in dress and foot positions) and she looks like a lovely dancer.
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 02:15 AM
Thank you for the nice compliment!!

We think that she is very lucky and that she is a nice dancer however we are a little biased.
By NewDanceLass
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 09:09 AM
That Tartan is beautiful and the vest looks really good with it.
I just got my kilt too. I got it on Thursday (June 30 or 29 I can't remember the date.) Hers looks absolutely stunning though.
Happy 4th (in 2 days)
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 09:11 AM
Very nice! The vest looks great with it.. and I love that tartan!
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 05:48 PM
Edited by dansemum (106994) on 2005-07-02 17:47:06 added question
Thank you for your compliments!! This is the tartan that she picked out many months ago and before actually having her kilt made we ensured it was still the one!!

NewDanceLass - We don't celebrate the 4th here in Canada. We just celebrated Canada Day yesterday on the 1st!! I hope that you have a happy 4th though!! Enjoy the festivities!! Which tartan is your new kilt made of?? What color vest did you get with it??
On Thu Jul 21, 2005 07:15 PM
There are so many beautiful tartans out there to choose from. This is the one that my daughter saw first and she didn't change her mind at all. We made sure before having a new kilt made that she still loved it as much as when she first saw it.
Eildon Hose
By BCChantal
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 03:17 PM
I am currently making a Special Dress Eildon tartan kilt and was wondering where you ordered you socks from. I cannot find the teal wool colour to knit the socks and am thinking about ordering them. Could you please let me know how your ordering worked out. Cheers Chantal
Wool for knitting socks
By KSMom
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 03:47 PM
I know somebody in West Virginia who will dye Halcyon 2-18 merino wool yarn custom. This is a very fine gauge merino wool yarn, which I use for knitting hose. PM me (or reply) if you're interested.
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 05:07 PM
Hello Chantal! I have ordered my daughter's socks from a lady here in Alberta that knits the hose and have established the colours that she will use. If you would like I could get her name and # to you. She is currently working on orders that she has already taken. We were hoping to have the hose by August 27th but isn't looking like that will work out.
By HighlandGirl_090
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 05:22 PM
We also order tartan hose from Kilkeel Knitwear in Ireland.

kilkeelknitwear.com.

Kilkeel has thousands of yarn colour and can match any tartan.

There is also a fellow named Dennis Henderson in England, who knit my last pair. He did a great job.
By BCChantal
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:33 PM
Thanks for your helpful comments. I talked to my friends and fellow dance moms and received similar advice. Thanks for the information.
By BCChantal
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:36 PM
Thankyou. Would you mind sending me her name and number. I have left a message with a lady recommended by Margs Dance in Alberta- it may be the same person. I like to know how things worked out. Cheers Chantal
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 07:23 PM
Marg referred me to a lady as well. It is most likely the same lady. I understand that she has quite a few orders to complete. Will let you know how things work out.

ReplySendWatch