Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - Advanced

Hip Hop - Advanced
what you all think of how hip hop is changing america
By megamonkeybboy Comments: 780, member since Tue Jan 29, 2002
On Sat Jul 02, 2005 03:42 PM

I just want your thoughts on a subject that I have talked with some of my friends about. I thought it would be interesting yet because of certain things it involves I know we may have to limit some of this. But any way I just want to know your feelings on how a culture that was kept in the dark, and feared basically the way I see it, as well as looked down upon by the majority. Has now almost changed the thinking and the coming together of many cultures. Yet now because of the good it is doing it is still feared by many for the same reason. basically what do you think of hip hop in america.

4 Replies to what you all think of how hip hop is changing america

re: what you all think of how hip hop is changing america
By Jahz Comments: 221, member since Wed Dec 15, 2004
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 09:13 PM
this is how I see mainstream hip-hop changing america:

david banner - play

this is how I see hip-hop changing america:

www.deliciousvenom.com
By Ajaye Comments: 299, member since Thu Dec 23, 2004
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:49 PM
Sad to say it Jahz but "Crunk" Music is what is blowing up the airwaves. It has nothing to do with skill. Just raw energy like krumpin except without structure. Its crazy, its wild, and it gets you amped. And that all people are lookin for in some cases. I see why delicious venom hasnt hit yet. Well hit like some of these other "crunk" musicians. There flow is aight. But on another note Hiphop in the media to me is starting to look like a "who can be more ignorant contest". and the worst part is it all started with one ignorant black person who said let get buc wild on a song and sell it. The south needed somethin crazy and creative but created a monster, that everyone including me loves it unfortunatly. I dont see them changing anything from what Ive heard. I need to hear more to really be sure. Once we get out of the crunk Faze I hope we get back to some real hiphop.
By Jahz Comments: 221, member since Wed Dec 15, 2004
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 09:54 PM
crunk? isn't that some kind of drug?

umm, so far, no, I have yet to see even one krumper here where I live, so apparently crunk music and krumpin' isn't that big yet. I'd have to say that it's just about as popular as delicious venom. Only those "hardcore" enough know about it.

And as of "real" hip hop, they're more hip hop than I've heard from any crunk musician. Unless you're willing to provide me a piece that is better than the music that they got out. You probably need to hear them live to understand what I'm saying.
By Ajaye Comments: 299, member since Thu Dec 23, 2004
On Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:08 PM
Thats what I was saying, and theres a difference between Crunk, and krump, Crunk comes from the south, Its crazy, Its ignorant, butb its there way of exprecing how hard it is down there or somethin. Krump comes from cali, Its a little more structured crazyness since it has its own dance form. No relation besides the fact that you get stupid crazy for both. Ones Ignorant the other is structured. Either way they both look a hot mess but people love it. And yes the artists you mentioned are definitly more hiphop than the yingyang twins and lil jon. I was just saying that I dont think they are going to have as big of an impact. I mean to be honest, one of these guys is nice, the other, Im still trying toi find what beat he's rappin to. his flow would be a lot better If his rhyth was a little more on point. But like you said I wait till I see them live to make any conclusions. I agree with you but IM just tellin you what I see. People have stopped caring. They just want to have a good time. they dont care if its not real hiphop, If it sound good they listen. To those who understand and live hiphop, the group you mentioned is deeply appreciated. But If I played that for my boyz they would get in the car drive for a bit and toss it as we pass a party or somethin.

ReplySendWatch