Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Help please
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 01:56 PM

I really nned some help for an Interperative solo music.. it was have words in it.
I just got my test results back and they judge said that my chose of music was a very tough theme to work with.... (englands Rose)aka"Candle in the Wind"
I'm, just wondering if anyone had any ideas of music with a good theme.
-katrina

11 Replies to Help please

re: Help please
By mizza911member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 09:28 PM
I like Enya's 'May It Be' I think it's called, there are so many great songs out there to skate to with words, what are you looking for particularly? Something slow? fast? long? Short?
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 09:43 PM
something thats maybe builds up like from slow to fast... and porbably something diffrernt then slow, because i just had slow music....
-katrina
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 08:26 AM
I'd recommend Pas De Deux from the Nutcracker, Tchaikovsky. I like it alot, but you may have to cut it to make it fit your music length. That one doesn't have words.
If you want words - how about 'Once upon a december' from Disney's Anastasia?
Good luck with your music!
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 08:30 AM
I think the judge meant that its very hard to interpret a song about someone elses life? It's hard to explain, but I get what she means. You'd be better off with a song that you can "act out". I'm trying to think of some songs that could work for you but I don't know how old you are because this definitely makes a difference. If you don't mind sharing your age I could probably come up with a few things for you :)

I don't think that the "slowness" is your problem - it's just a hard song to "interpret" or "act out" because of its content. And if you're choreographing the routine on your own, or if you're on the young side I can see where it might be a slight problem.

p.s. What does your coach say about all this? Usually they have good advice in this area.
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 02:39 PM
I'm 14
unfortoucnatly my coach has just moved away, and i'm sorta on my own, but i've made up my own interpreative solo's and competed them coming from a dance background...
regarding the Once upon a december someone in my area has skated to that and i LOVED the music.... and they also won B.C's form pre intro with that music i think
-katrina
By hip_hop_dude
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 02:44 PM
You should go with something mello
enya, celine dion, the corrs is also good
well good luck

Love~AlwayZ
~Travis~
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:32 PM
I think i have found some good music
If anyone has seen Annie the movie
the song little girls, its a real attention grabber... i'm still thinking about it though
-katrina
re: Help please (karma: 1)
By skatendance
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 01:24 AM
This might also be helpful if you are still looking:
www.dance.net . . .

Its the lyrical jazz board's song survey- a lot of lyrical songs are great for artistic programs :) You can also check the jazz forums for more (usually a bit more upbeat) depends on what you want your artistic program to look like.

Best of luck!
-skatendance
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 05:30 PM
skatendance
thanks so much for that post, i found so many songs
-katrina
By marc_sommer
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:37 AM
take the mamamaloo from the flying pickets this song is amazing. good luck
By CarmenMavy
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 01:22 PM
"don't cry for me argentina" is beautiful from EVita

Maybe "My heart will go on" from Titanic

The nutcraker Pas de dux id exquiste muics, but has no words, and besides who else could skate to it after Shen and Zhao and sasha cohen did.

what about somthing bt andrea Bochelli. i love skating to his muisc.

ReplySendWatch