Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Flashy Broadsword Costume
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 04, 2005 08:13 PM

There have been posts about choreography costumes so I thought I'd post a few pics from our recital this year.

These are Beginners (ages 6-12) doing a choreographed Broadsword. Pretty effective and cheap costumes... although not very traditional!

14 Replies to Flashy Broadsword Costume

re: Flashy Broadsword Costume
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 01:44 PM
Nice! I really like the outfits they are wearing! :)
By charlanflingermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 04:46 PM
The costumes don't really seem like they would make do for highland dancing recital - but hey! whatever works right?!?!
Well done!
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 06:08 PM
The kids really liked them and the steps were very traditional. Music was definately Scottish but kinda rock and roll so it worked. Thanks for the nice comments!
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 06, 2005 07:22 PM
"Rock and Roll Highland" -- that's a new one! ;) But as I said above (^^) very nice! :) Oh well if they aren't traditional -- sometimes a little bit of difference makes it better! I've certainly learned that over the years of our year end dance recitals!
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:24 AM
Exactly! I mean, how many gathered, tartan skirts can one collect before wanting a different kind of costume?!
By xox_Highcut_xox
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:16 PM
I really like these ones! They're simple but very nice (espacially for younger dancers).

~Highcut
By Highland_Kristanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:18 PM
Cute costumes! I like them!
By WritingLassie
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 07:22 PM
I agree, sometimes a little difference in tradition makes the event twice as cool. It's also something I've never seen before, usually choreography costumes (or at least the ones I've seen) have something to do with Highland,so this is definitely new and interesting!
By HighlandHottie05member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 13, 2005 08:40 PM
Very nice! if anyone was at the Feburary Ohda choreography comp you would have seen the Wining broadsword costume. It was so cute. Little train people
On Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:31 AM
We've done trains too! We always try to do a "story" recital so thinking up dances and costumes can be rather tricky!
By highlandjunkiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:13 PM
is that at the abby arts center...
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 01:21 PM
No... its a highschool/community theatre - Sprectrum Community Theatre in Victoria, BC
By highland_girl19member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 01:34 PM
Those are really nice costumes! We did a choreo a while back in hard shoes and we wore black body suits with full length arms, black pants with little stewart tartan flares and a vest with a tartan front and black vest. it was so much more comfortable than the skirts but I was really sick when we were performing so I lost weight and my pants kept on falling down! lol. When my mom brought the pants in to show at class and the flares hadn't been adjusted the dance moms started singing... "S-A-T-U-R..." lol. Pants are definately awesome!

Meg;)
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 07:11 PM
Oooh... I really like the idea of a tartan flare with something matching up top! Hmm... brainstorming for next year...

ReplySendWatch Draw