Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

who won??
By dance_4_funmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 05:18 AM

Hey who won the game tonight i was going to watch the rugby but i fell asleep so did any one watch it if so can u tell me the score thanks

3 Replies to who won??

re: who won??
By Angelmum
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 08:19 PM
Shame on you, dance 4 fun!

The mighty All Blacks cleaned out the British and Irish Lions 38-19!

This is another clean sweep and the next twelve years should be enough time for the British and Irish Lions to try and get a team together that can even challenge the All Blacks!

Clive Woodward later commented that he felt they should bring more players at least 50-60 and play Tuesday and Thursday and Saturdays - PLEASE! You couldn't handle Saturday tests and their midweek team played second rate, out of form teams, do you really want to come all this way for ANOTHER whipping?!
By dance_4_funmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 08:25 PM
Haha! I know its shocking i mean i even set my alarm clock to watch the game but i slept through that. I'm shocking! but i ended up waking at 11pm and just mised the game i was sooo gutered!

TEll me about it they need to get some players to at least challenge us! its like what was the point of playing i mean they havent even been able to handle it!
By dancing_fitnessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 04:34 AM
Edited by dancing_fitness (127020) on 2005-07-12 04:30:33
Speaking as a pomme who lives in Auckland, I think there is a bit of one eyed kiwi going on at the moment...

ABs beat fiji 103 0 a few weeks ago. I know I was there, but there was no talk of why do Fiji bother.

England were whipped 73 0 in australia in 1997 on the tour from hell (nice one Clive) was but then went on to beat Aussie a few years later then lost again last year, its called sport sometimes you win sometimes you loose but the sport always grows (25000 british and irish tourists and a lot of profile for NZ rugby helping perhaps the bid for 2011).

I agree Sir Clive lost the plot and made a huge amount of mistakes with his team selection but hey thats what makes it exciting.

For the record I am an avid ABs fan when they are not playing England or the BIL, and hope to see an AB/Eng final at the France world cup in 2 years.

I think the ABs are huugley improved on the last few years at the moment, the lions were sadly lacking any leadership following the departure of O'driscall and Dallaglio, but again thats part of the game.

Its a shame that the BIL didn't at least win the second test so that the finale could have been more of a close run thing

all IMHO of course!

ReplySendWatch