Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Does anyone have a backyard skating rink??? Do they work???
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 17, 2005 08:11 PM
Locked by alybookworm (135262) on 2005-08-19 17:44:33 answered

I just started ice-skating and really enjoy it, and I was looking on the internet for my own pair of ice-skates so I dont have to keep renting them, and I came across a backyard ice rink, I was just wondering if they're any good or not.

3 Replies to Does anyone have a backyard skating rink??? Do they work???

re: Does anyone have a backyard skating rink??? Do they work???
By Caravan_Kid
On Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:17 AM
Sarah Hughes, the 2002 Olympic champion, started out on her own backyard skating rink, so it must've worked.

-Whitney
By PointOfNoReturnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 21, 2005 04:52 PM
Last winter my dad and brother spent hours making a rink in our backyard. It wasn't that big and it was REALLY rough. I didn't use it for figure skating by my bro and I used it for hockey, mainly shooting. If you tried to skate and skate fast you would just be going in a circle and 99% of the time fall because it was so uneven. It was fun on snow days when you were bored but it only lasted a week or two before it melted in a warm front so all the times my bro and dad flooded it was kind of useless. In my opinion, all the time it takes to make isn't worth it. Also, it melts and then you're left with dead grass. Unless it's really cold where you live and you have enough space to make a big rink, stick to ponds. They're much better and a lot more fun!!!
By dani_girl_
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 02:50 AM
Oh my god, we dont even have a skate rink in irl! we use to have 2 in dublin but they closed down...

x x x

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed