Forum: General / Contests

Contests
Tips for contests (karma: 8)
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Thu Jul 21, 2005 08:24 PM
Made sticky by balletgurl (11968) on 2005-07-22 10:42:00

As it has been said virtually thousands of times, finish what you start, and make sure that you wait until similar contests are over before starting another one like it.

Also it would be helpful if when announcing winners that you post a link to the winning post. It saves hunting though tons of stuff to find it.

16 Replies to Tips for contests

re: Tips for contests
By tippytoez Comments: 533, member since Fri Jan 16, 2004
On Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:42 PM
Very good tips! Also, always be sure to lock the contest once you've awarded a winner.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:12 AM
Great tips! Those have already been posted somewhere around here, but sometimes we need a kick to get us going again. I notice a lot of people don't lock their contests, and then people keep entering after the closing date. Agh, that bugs me.

Also, I LOVE your avatar. I heart llamas.

~>pb12
By Wee_Beemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2266, member since Sat Feb 19, 2005
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 01:39 PM
Heya :D x
Fab post I agree with everything that
has been said.
x..x..Gemma..x..x
re: Tips for contests (karma: 1)
By GremlinSusie Comments: 74, member since Fri Jun 10, 2005
On Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:23 PM
Hi, may I make one more suggestion? Namely: Pick one ending date, and then stick with it. Don't change the date to extend the contest. It's discouraging to the people who entered, and it's unfair to anyone else who may be waiting to start a similar contest.

As an example, there's one contest here that started on June 7, with an ending date of "two weeks", or June 21. Then it was extended to July 1st. And then it was extended again to July 8th. That's over a month total. And now it's July 23rd, and still no winner announced for that contest!

Susie :(
By groovygroovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1051, member since Wed Dec 17, 2003
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 03:02 PM
hi
these are totally true!
i know i sond kinda thick asking this but when running a contest and you give away trophies how do you give it to someone do yoiu just find one on google say but how do you get it in their profile thing!?????
thanks!
love grace XxX
By Angelulu17 Comments: 5145, member since Mon Nov 03, 2003
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 08:58 AM
great tips, i always feel bad if someone doesn't know that the contest is over and they still post and entry.
By chloe_boemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1418, member since Mon Mar 22, 2004
On Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:07 PM
how do wel lock our contests?
By GremlinSusie Comments: 74, member since Fri Jun 10, 2005
On Sun Sep 04, 2005 01:19 PM
Hi, to lock a contest (that you started), click the "edit" button, then you will see a "lock comment" button, and click that!

Susie :)
By Arielmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1836, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Wed Aug 01, 2007 07:46 AM
Nice tips! Thanks Llama!! I believe I shall give you some karma!
Submit Your Music or Dance Video for a Chance To Perform for Lil Mama
By dancelover333 Comments: 1, member since Fri Oct 26, 2007
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 01:04 PM
Submit your audition dance video or musical performance to win a chance to perform at How She Move events across the country!

Paramount Vantage will select 5 music artists and 5 dance performances (solo or group) to compete head to head at events in Atlanta, Washington D.C. and Chicago. The top performers at each event will be flown to perform LIVE at the World Premiere of HOW SHE MOVE and will win other great prizes. LilÂ’ Mama will be hosting and performing at all three events!!! Log on to HOW SHE MOVE and enter your dance video or MP3 for a chance to win! Contest ends October 31st!

The "How She Move" Contest (the "Contest") is intended for participation only in the United States and shall be construed according to, and governed exclusively by, United States law. Do not participate in the Contest if you are not a legal resident of the United States physically located in the United States at the time of entry, or do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in the Official Rules on the official How She Move Site HOW SHE MOVE.

HOW SHE MOVE synopsis:
Raya Green is seventeen-years-old, incredibly bright and full of promise. She attends a prestigious private school outside her tough, crime-ridden neighborhood. When a family tragedy leaves her family unable to pay her tuition, Raya is forced to return to the old community she so desperately wants to escape. She soon finds herself drawn into the world of underground dance competitions and smells an opportunity to win some money, get out of the neighborhood, help her family and return to her old school. But as the dance tournament unfolds, Raya realizes that real success only comes to those brave enough to tackle it on their own terms.
By Charl_xxxxxPremium member Comments: 755, member since Fri Feb 01, 2008
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 03:18 AM
How do you make your avatars move??
By tracybabe Comments: 403, member since Tue May 27, 2008
On Fri Jun 06, 2008 07:21 AM
had a read im new to dance.net great tips for my daughter keep them coming x
By kitcatpopmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1415, member since Sat Mar 10, 2007
On Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 AM
Great tips :D !

I have eventually started a contest :)

C.w x
By CodeRedDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 727, member since Thu Jan 03, 2008
On Thu Sep 25, 2008 02:15 PM
Question about uploading trophies- How do I do it? LOL I'd like to create a contest but I'm not 100% sure I understand how this trophy business works...Any help would be most appreciated!
By dancemasterJJ Comments: 21, member since Wed Sep 01, 2010
On Fri Jan 28, 2011 08:08 PM
Good advice:))

Comment #9443317 deleted

ReplySendWatchDraw