Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

My first "outfit"
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 02:48 PM

This is the first kilt I competed in! I think we got it at Value Village. This picture is from a project I did for school and you can see my first National costume in the back (illegal now because it was teffeta) and I'm guessing those were my teacher's hornpipe and jig outfits. Don't mind the big red ribbon in my hair... I didn't do that for competitions... I htink I was just trying to be cute :) This would have been grade 6 or 7... probably 1989 or so.

16 Replies to My first "outfit"

re: My first "outfit"
By gingerjigger
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 02:53 PM
thats fab! you look so cute! primary school projects were always fun i did somthing simalar i'm proud to admit. its amazing how much outfits change and yet stay the same if you understand what i mean. thanx for sharing!
By Inspirationalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 03:11 PM
That's awesome. Lol, I love the big poofy sleeves! Sure don't see that anymore! May I ask what Teffeta is on the aboyne that you said would be illegal now? From the picture the aboyne looks perfectly normal and acceptable.
By SeniorLadyPremium member
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 03:28 PM
Value Village is the best! And taffeta! Nothing beats that!!! You looked adorable!
By laurbor
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 03:34 PM
Oh I like that picture! I love your outfits especially the jig
By Hullachan99
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 06:15 PM
Now that's a really cute picture. Youthful enthusiasm is lovely to see!

for whoever asked; taffeta is a type of material that is sort slippy and shiny and rustly (ie makes a rustly noise) - not at all like cotton or wool.
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 06:36 PM
Thanks Hulluchan99! I didn't know..
By WritingLassie
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 07:24 PM
Awesome picture! The blue goes great with your red hair!
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:31 PM
Hehe... I was definately enthusiastic... I was a geek :)

Although that national costume looks pretty good hanging there, I never really liked it because it wasn't very full... my next 2 costumes were both taffeta though...
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:22 PM
Look at how cute you are in that pic!! I agree the blue looks great with your hair!!
By ceolasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 23, 2005 07:44 AM
I got my first kiltie at Value Village too! In fact I've even seen some Highland vests there as well.

I love it, it looks great on you! What tartan is it?
On Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:18 PM
Thanks for all the sweet comments so I don't feel quite as much like a geek! I think the tartan was a Stewart... seemed all my first kilts were Stewarts!
By Cluichmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 07:17 AM
Oh, that is great! I always wanted to do a HD school project but by the time I had enough stuff (dances and outfits) to display, the school had stopped. And you have a white Hornpipe outfit there! I love white Hornpipes!
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 09:15 AM
Yeah, I think white hornpipes looks SO nice on dancers, but they can get so dirty. I've always had a blue for the 'dirty' reason. A white stands out, and looks stunning though. I'm afraid I'll dirty my white one within minutes of getting it, so that's why mine's not white.
"my first out fit"
By Dancing_24_7Premium member
On Sun Jul 24, 2005 06:38 PM
That is such a cute picture! I love that the picture was of a project:)
By freestyle_dansamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:40 PM
hiya

Awww wow. you look lovely
love shell x :)
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 01:09 PM
I should probably admit that I didn't do this in front of my whole class (i'm not that brave!) but it was for a program I was in called the Challenge Program... so it was a small group of fellow geeks :)

ReplySendWatch Draw