Forum: Disco / Disco - Official Rules

Page:
Page 1 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7
Disco - Official Rules
Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress (karma: 13)
By ADFP_OFFICIAL Comments: 61, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 01:26 AM
Edited by ADFP_OFFICIAL (121981) on 2005-07-25 01:22:37 mistake in original comment
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-08-01 13:25:48

I am posting this clarification one again under a different heading as it appears from comments still being put on dance.net the clarication put on last week is not being read. May I suggest that dancers concerned with the make up or any other issue below make a printed copy of this statement and take it with them to their teacher or to competitions where this can be given to the organisor if you should have a problem. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL ADFP STATEMENT AND THESE ARE THE RULES AS DETERMINED BY THE ADFP NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL.

ADFP STATEMENT

CLARIFICATION OF RULES.

There are certain rules that are not correctly understood by everybody for the ADFP receive several questions sent to the ADFP_OFFICIAL regarding certain rules. This is not a clarification of all rules but just those that the ADFP feel need further clarification as they appear to pose most questions.

17d. As the rule states when dancers change age group by birthday they may drop down a grade but this is not compulsory and dancers are automatically issued with status cards in their previos age group grade when changing age. Downgrading can only be done at a teacher’s discretion and only when the ADFP office has been informed by the teacher

18. Competition Grades. Rules (a to d) cover the loss of lives. However there seems to be a misunderstanding of the actual loss of lives rule. The following will explain in simple terms the correct understanding of the lives rule and why it is in the rule book…..

IT IS compulsory to move up a grade when all lives are lost. However, IT IS NOT compulsory to lose a life or lives to move up a grade and dancers may move up a grade at any time at their teachers discretion, but having moved up they can not move back except under rule 17d

19 Changing school. The three month exclusion commences from the day that a dancers status card is received at the ADFP Office, not from the date the pupil leaves a school or joins a school or by telephone message to ADFP Office. So if changing school it is important that dancers get their cards to the teacher, and the teacher the cards to the office as quickly as possible in order not to add additional days to the exclusion period.

22 DRESS
The rule .. 22(a) " Suitable footwear should be worn by all competitors." ..
The ADFP do not insist on dancers wearing footwear at competitions and in fact probably 99% of dancers do not. The rule is there to protect dancers sustaining injury by dancing barefooted and dancers should be aware that the ADFP or its promotors can not be held responsible for any accident a dancer has if dancing barefooted.

22b & c. Specific dress rules for beginners and starters. Questions are continually asked regarding the rules on make up. Simply the answer is there are NO rules in the rule book and as there are no rules dancers are free to wear any make up they choose including glitter make up!
However the ADFP does feel that any ADDITIONS to make up, i.e stones, do come under the additions to dress rule and so therefor stones on a face could be seen as an added decoration in the same way as stones added in the form of a dancers hair piece and the ADFP request that stones are not added to beginners and starters faces.

170 Replies to Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress

re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By chloejoeymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5486, member since Wed Oct 13, 2004
On Mon Jul 25, 2005 03:55 AM
thanks for clearing up the dress issues,especially GLITTER MAKE UP.
love heidi XX :)
Explanation of Rules re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By FARRYmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3372, member since Thu Jan 22, 2004
On Mon Aug 01, 2005 01:08 PM
hiya

this information is really useful, maybe
it could be made a sticky

vanessa
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 01:25 AM
Thanks for trying again to get people to read the rules before asking questions

Hope it works this time and people take note and also read their rule book

Love Mama DD's xxx
By xxkirstyxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1309, member since Sun Jun 15, 2003
On Wed Aug 03, 2005 01:13 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I agree with GroovyGran, hopefully people will read this first before asking the same questions over and over.

I had to quote your original post on a post asking about the make-up rule, they maybe did not check first, but hopefully now it's a sticky people will.

Thanks again
Kirsty xxx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 01:36 AM
Here is the link to the answer [re makeup ]by the ADFP

Scroll down to the last paragraph and it says no rules on make up

www.dance.net . . .

Hope this now sorts this once and for all

Elsewhere the ADFP have said anyone that has problems with this should copy and print the article and then take it to comps and if problems arise to just show it to the organiser

Love Mama DD's xxx
How long du you dance at a comp?
By eliiin____ Comments: 28, member since Mon Jul 25, 2005
On Sun Aug 07, 2005 02:40 PM
I have a role-question, how long MUST you dance at a discofreestyle dancecomp in the uk?
We dance for 1min and 30 sec, miniumum 1min 15sek.
By Sean_McIlroymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2191, member since Mon Feb 17, 2003
On Sun Aug 14, 2005 07:50 AM
Hey Eliiin, we usually get about fifty seconds to dance, and for a danceon i think its between 20 & 25 Seconds...

ADFP_Official thanks for posting this for everyone and taking your time !!! Although people should be aware of the rules if not for themselves, by promoters

sean xxx
By xxLittlelolsxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2459, member since Mon May 30, 2005
On Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:21 AM
hiya

great rules!
it must of taken you ages but that`s why there so good!
lv lols x
moving up a grade
By Love2MERCHANDISE Comments: 164, member since Fri Feb 25, 2005
On Tue Aug 30, 2005 09:01 AM
there are many schools who do not belong to the ADFP but belong to other organisations, there are also many many competitions where a status card is not asked for..... my question is- why do some teachers believe that a life is only lost when a child loses a place at a competition where their status card is marked. Even though that child has lost several lives... what is happening is kids are still dancing in a grade where they have lost up to 10 or 12 lives, but their teacher is claiming that she only counts lives lost at competitions where their status card is marked. You may not be aware but this is becoming a huge problem in Scotland. one particular dance teacher who takes her school to comps all over Scotland & England, has kids dancing in grades where they have lost many many lives, but she is claiming she only counts the places if the are lost at English comps and have their status card marked
On Wed Aug 31, 2005 01:28 AM
Hi I think you will find this is going to alter because to dance in an ADFP comp in England you are now going to have to show your card and if you do not have one then you either join or do not dance
At the last Stoke competition this happened to a lot of dancers as we had to have our cards vetted before we could be issued with a number
Hope this helps you and lets you know that the ADFP are on the case
Love Mama DD's xxx
thanks
By Love2MERCHANDISE Comments: 164, member since Fri Feb 25, 2005
On Wed Aug 31, 2005 01:51 PM
but most comps in Scotland although they are run under ADFP rules never ask for status cards, as a lot of the teachers belong to the BDC,and no organiser is going to turn down a whole load of people paying for tickets.. but everyone is expected to abide by the rules, but some teachers are taking a liberty by flaunting the rules, and not moving dancers up a grade. If this had always been the case then no one in Scotland would ever move out of beginners. This is putting off new competitors and if it continues there is going to be an uproar one day at a comp.
Re; Rules
By dancingdivas Comments: 130, member since Mon Sep 19, 2005
On Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:06 AM
Although there are lists of rules to follow, and most of us do, I think sometimes confusion arises because some comps allow what others don't. This particulary causes confusion for new mums and dancers.
great idea
By frederifk2 Comments: 0, member since Mon Jul 11, 2005
On Tue Sep 20, 2005 03:55 PM
Removed by balletgurl (11968) on 2005-09-20 21:00:52 Any post that does not contribute to the discussion, or is a waste of space simply to increase a member's post count is star farming. This is highly frowned upon. If you really want to be a full member here, then why is the first 20 posts such a big deal? Participate, and it will come.
hi thought this may be a good idea please include any festivals and such.
RULES
By sincereangel23 Comments: 17, member since Tue Sep 13, 2005
On Mon Sep 26, 2005 07:43 AM
Removed by balletgurl (11968) on 2005-09-26 10:23:43 Please do not type in all caps. It looks like you are shouting.
I AGREE EVERY TIME I ASK I GET TOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT IM SPENDING A FORTUNE ON COSTUMES FOR MY 4 YEAR OLD THEN BEING TOLD SHE CANT WEAR THEM ITS NOT FAIR CHANGING THE RULES TO SUIT XX
rules
By divvylivvy Comments: 38, member since Thu Aug 25, 2005
On Tue Sep 27, 2005 03:42 PM
PLease clarify for me
My daughter and her partner have just moved up to champs (under12)
My daughter turns 12 in NOvember-i am assuming they will automatically go into uner 14 champs?
And if they do is it right that if they dont lose 3 lives by the time they are under 16 they have to move down whether they wnat to or not?
pleeee se someone tell me
By Step_N_Style Comments: 2945, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Tue Sep 27, 2005 03:54 PM
No thats wrong
It is up to you or the teacher if you down grade or stay in champs if you have gone up an age group the only way you cant down grade is if you are a premier champ which you have to have 3 1stin champs with more than 7 in the section
Correct me if im wrong
The best way to get a quick answer is if you ADFP pm the ADFP_OFFICAL
Hope that helps
Nicky xxx
On Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:55 PM
Re Nicky
To become a supreme dancer you just have to loose three lives they do not have to be first places

I used to think that you had to have first places but the ADFP state that the only time you have to have a first place is when moving from intermediates to champs one has to be a first place

Love Mama DD's xxx
By dancerbfsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3603, member since Tue Sep 27, 2005
On Wed Oct 05, 2005 07:11 AM
Thanks, really appreciate this information as it clarifies losts of points.
hiya
By stunninshelbz30member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 135, member since Tue Oct 04, 2005
On Wed Oct 05, 2005 09:35 AM
Removed by balletgurl (11968) on 2005-10-05 10:30:48 netspeak. you must fully spell out all words properly to post here. posts containing netspeak will be removed.
these rules r usful for every1 evin if u r un champ tke a look at them coz there might be sum rulez uv missed out
see ya xx
Thanks
By Pink_Choochi Comments: 3, member since Sun Oct 09, 2005
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:17 AM
Thanks for all of the really good information, I am quite new at Disco etc, so this is really useful to me! From
Choochi xx
i new
By XxXshanXxX Comments: 214, member since Wed Oct 12, 2005
On Wed Oct 12, 2005 02:07 PM
im only just starting disco dancing this friday im 12 and a half what age group will i be put in to ?

:) XxXshanXxX
On Wed Oct 12, 2005 02:34 PM
You will bi in under 14 beginners when you compete

Love Mama DD's xxx
thx!!!!!!!
By XxXshanXxX Comments: 214, member since Wed Oct 12, 2005
On Thu Oct 13, 2005 07:13 AM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2005-10-13 08:41:16 Netspeak is not allowed.
thx i cant w8!!!!!
:) luv XxXshanXxX
Dress
By MissThreadneedle Comments: 31, member since Tue Oct 05, 2004
On Sat Oct 15, 2005 01:26 PM
Where can I obtain a copy of the rules, I have read those entered here but need to clarify what is suitable costume for the different stages, our dance teacher keeps changing her mind. which is costing us a fortune, purchasing what we have been told is the correct style only to be told it dosent conform to the rules.
Your help would be appreciated.
Page:
Page 1 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

ReplySendWatch