Forum: Disco / Disco - Official Rules

Page:
Page 2 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sat Oct 15, 2005 03:08 PM
Here is a link to the ADFP site

www.adfp.co.uk

On there is all the rules about every thing so I am sure you will find what you are looking for as they are up to date

Love mama DD's xxx
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By StArLeT_BaBemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 909, member since Sat Feb 12, 2005
On Fri Oct 28, 2005 06:05 AM
hiya thanks for making thigns more clear!!!
xxxx
loss of lives
By dancingtriomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4287, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 03:13 AM
hiya
could anyone tell me how many
dancers does there need to be
in a round for 1st and 2nd and so
on to count as a loss of live.
many thanx
mum of dancers
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress (karma: 1)
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 03:27 AM
Here is the offical rule re loss of lives

(d) Loss of Life
The number of lives lost is determined by the number of competitors in the first round of the event. As follows:

1 - 6 inclusive = no loss of life
7 - 12 inclusive = first place only to lose a life
13 - 24 inclusive = first and second place to lose a life
25 or more = first, second and third place to lose a life
1) Intermediate Solo Grade Dancers: - One of the lives lost by an intermediate dancer must be a first place before they move up to championship grade.

2) Championship Grade Dancers: - When a championship dancer has lost three lives in accordance with rule 18(d) they will be deemed to be a Premier dancer and will not be eligible to downgrade on their next change of age group. This applies to both solos and pairs.

Hope this helps you

Love Mama DD's xxx
By bekbee Comments: 65, member since Mon Oct 03, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 05:00 AM
Thanks so much for the link, reading the rules first-hand has really cleared up a lot of questions for me!
Rules
By DIPSY Comments: 22, member since Wed Nov 02, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 05:07 AM
I thought everyone who becomes an ADFP member automatically recieves a rule book or has this changed? Rules are there to ABIDE BY
loss of lives
By dancingtriomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4287, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 07:28 AM
thanx for letting me know about the
loss of lives rule it relly helped a lot

mum to 3 dancers
I Agree
By deedee7 Comments: 116, member since Sat Nov 19, 2005
On Sun Nov 20, 2005 09:17 AM
I agree and my teacher is the same! i have lost many lifes but sometimes she even takes them off my status card. I am an U14 inter was at craig tara last week and i got a first and she took that off my status card! I was in U10 and u12 champs but ever sinve then she wont let me move up to champs again! My mum has complained so i'll be dancing as an U14 champ at the Gorblas on the 4th of December
By keg9172member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1309, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 01:56 AM
Edited by keg9172 (133535) on 2005-11-23 02:03:09
Re: ^ deedee
im so glad your mum complained.....that's bad of your teacher to hold you back, what was her reason for not letting you go up? That's what the comps are all about aren't they - trying to achieve the champ status?

.....so with the dress rule for beginners (anyone).... are off the shoulder tops allowed? as in this picture

www.dance.net . . .

because this girl was told to change her top (yet the trousers were ok with the splits?) and put the black one on (in line up) its no wonder people get confused with these rules, as this girl has been wearing this costume for ages now?
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 02:15 AM
You are right the off shoulder top is not allowed neither are trousers with splits also line up piccis are not allowed on here either

Love Mama DD's xxx
help
By littlediva Comments: 149, member since Mon Nov 14, 2005
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 08:48 AM
hi can any one help me im going back to comps after being out for a year i had one life left in starter but i have now changed from under 16 to youth i read on rules posted that you do not have to lose all three lives to move up a catagoire (to inters)and that your teacher can decide if you do is that true?
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 02:04 AM
Firstly yes your teacher can move you up [like in cases whwere you are winning but noe enough dancers in for a stamp

Seeing as you have been out of competition for a year I think perhaps start where you left off as things do change in a year

Best thing to do is see what your teacher has to say on the subject but am sure she/he will agree stay where you left off

Good Luck in whatever he dance in

Love mama DD's xxx
thanks
By littlediva Comments: 149, member since Mon Nov 14, 2005
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 02:36 AM
thankyou you have cleared that up for me i would have prefered to start from where i left off any way because of being in youth now i want to try and progress as much as possible thanks again xx
comp rules
By Fiona1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3018, member since Sun Sep 25, 2005
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 08:24 AM
My daughter is in under 8 beginners. I have just been reading the rules and now i'm confused! She has came 3rd at one comp and 2nd at another. Does this mean is she gets 1st 2nd or 3rd at her next comp she can move up to starter? Because we are in Scotland, she has never had her card marked or asked for! Does her stat card have to have been marked 3 times?
By tash3 Comments: 362, member since Wed Mar 23, 2005
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:19 AM
hi i am just wondering are starters allowed to wear shiney material?
By Pink_Diva Comments: 40, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Fri Jan 13, 2006 02:30 PM
Thank You for posting this!

I've got my first comp on the

29th Jan at havant, and was

unsure on the stones and glitter

side of things.

Thanks again,
Pinki
By dancer_ellie Comments: 349, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:38 PM
question for you from a friend of my daughters. she dances in u/16 beginner, has not lost any lifes yet but will turn 16 in october. there does not seem to be a over 16 beg so what age/group does she dance with?
By hol_dancingqueen Comments: 31, member since Fri Feb 24, 2006
On Sat Feb 25, 2006 02:03 PM
thanks for your post, that has realy helped me as i am going to start doing some comps asap! i think you have help out alot of people!
thanks again xx
Re Rule
By cheekysmiler Comments: 770, member since Sat Sep 18, 2004
On Sat Feb 25, 2006 04:15 PM
I think your sticky is great and our teacher makes us stick to the rules and really tells us off if anyone oversteps the mark.

The point I want to make is promoters who do not always enforce the rules, many turn blind eyes or make a statement at start of comp but never follow it through. I think the reason for this is they do not want to run the risk of upsetting the teacher or school and loosing money by them not coming to future comps. But surely the promoter has a responsibility to everyone and should stick up for those sticking to the rules!!!

Good Luck to all dancers for 2006
rules
By dancingdivas Comments: 130, member since Mon Sep 19, 2005
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:21 AM
Although I understand what you are saying, if the dance school or teacher does not explain this, how are we as mums supposed to know? I've heard about cards been signed or stamped etc. but we have never had these issued to us from our school, or had any rule books. When I started helping my 3 daughters with comps I had to rely on other mothers (they were a god send!) so if there are questions like this maybe the mums in question don't really know.
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 05:45 PM
You have to have a status card to be able to enter ADFP rules competitions
Have you paid your teacher for a status card if you have then you will get one and also the rule book
You should have paid in December then recieved your card in January
Hopw this is of some help to you

Mama DD's xxx
By dollydancer Comments: 22, member since Sat Mar 25, 2006
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:03 PM
hi,
thanks for the post its extremely helpful to someone new to the competion scene...well done for obtaining this infomation!!!!! thanx and happy dancing!
lots of love
x.o.x Abz x.o.x
By Scruffy77 Comments: -1, member since Mon Mar 27, 2006
On Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:21 AM
I dont have anything to say I just want premium ^_^
By katie71 Comments: 524, member since Wed Mar 22, 2006
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 09:48 AM
these rules confuse me big time i just ask the teacher who lets me no where i stand we went 2 a comp a couple of weeks ago and the speaker said no gaps in beg costumes we never been told that before as our beg have had gaps in there costumes and nothing never been said till 2 wekks ago so who nos what the rules r cos i sure dont xx
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:18 AM
Hi by gaps do you mean cut outs

If you do that is correct you are not allowed cut outs
They must be plain dance wear

Mama DD's xxx
Page:
Page 2 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

ReplySendWatch