Forum: Disco / Disco - Official Rules

Page:
Page 3 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7
explanation of RULES re losses of lives...
By DaintyDaisyPremium member Comments: 519, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 08:34 AM
Hiya,
I'm SOOOO glad that someone actually put the rules down in writing as i get totally fed up of stupid rumours about things like makeup etc!!
I know i sound completely over the top but this really does get to me as some dancers' comments that they need help with do not get answered as other people who know the answer are reading made up rules!!
Hope i got my point across!!
Laura xx
Beginners
By LISAT Comments: 5, member since Tue Apr 18, 2006
On Mon May 01, 2006 09:49 AM
I have seen beginners with slits up their sleeves, is this allowed as I was told that trousers with slits were not?
:?
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By AnNa06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 201, member since Tue Mar 14, 2006
On Wed May 10, 2006 12:30 PM
thanks for putting up this post i have always wondered about
the oficial rules as i didnt get a booklet when i started

thanks

love anna xxxxx
re: Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By curlytop1 Comments: 76, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Sun May 21, 2006 04:54 AM
yes the information is really useful and i now have a better understanding of the rules concerned with dancing
thank you
By Samxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 975, member since Thu Jan 27, 2005
On Sat Jun 03, 2006 02:54 AM
Great post! and very useful as the rules have changed since i last done a comp!! x x x
explanation of rules
By jardell Comments: 664, member since Sat Feb 25, 2006
On Sat Jun 03, 2006 09:08 AM
can you wear stoned eyelashes in beginners because i have seen some before
3 month ban
By leahjay Comments: 451, member since Mon Jul 25, 2005
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:03 PM
Can I just ask, if a dance school closes down and you move to another school, does it mean you still have a 3 month ban? If not, do you have to wait until the school closes, or can you leave earlier?

Thanks
Lisa
rules
By PrincessRhiannon Comments: 2891, member since Fri Jun 16, 2006
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 06:52 AM
thank you so very much for the explanation ofv the rules i found this very usefull
By PrincessRhiannon Comments: 2891, member since Fri Jun 16, 2006
On Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 AM
hi, please can anyone tell me how i can apply for a status card for my daughter we are in scotland and have never been asked for a card i am very new to disco comps as my daughter has only done 3 here in scotland but as her dad lives in england if there was a competition near him she would love to go but i am worried she may not be able to enter if she has no card please can anyone give me addvice , thank you so very much from fiona
By vogue_in_it_up Comments: 80, member since Sat Mar 25, 2006
On Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:52 AM
hi

Thanks for clearing up some questions i had.
love me xxx
Dance Rules
By chloesmum Comments: 307, member since Tue Jul 04, 2006
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 04:44 AM
Where can I purchase a copy of the rules regarding beginners outfits?
Explanation of RULES re loss of lives & grades, changing age groups & schools, make up & dress
By Beckssmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 119, member since Sat Nov 12, 2005
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 04:11 PM
Hiya x

Thanks for making the GLITTER MAKE-UP clear.
Some people say beginners arent allowed glitter + some say they are.
But cheers for clearing that :D Although im not a beginner :P

Love becky xx
By xFaithyx Comments: 27, member since Sat Jun 02, 2007
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 04:17 PM
Hi :D
Thank you soo much for posting this especially the make up bit i have been so confused! Happy dancing every one !! xx faith
By animalanakitty Comments: 1102, member since Thu Jun 28, 2007
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 04:51 PM
In answer to the 3 month ban....
My daughter changed schools because her teacher was taking time out, we had asked if we could join the school on a temp basis. The first teacher then closed down her school. The teacher at the second school asked the ADFP to decide and we were told that my daughter did not have to serve a ban..... BUT... I think this is a situation which the ADFP decide on an individual basis so do check with them, giving full details.
It worked for us.
Anise x
By born_to_dance_x Comments: 527, member since Sun Oct 30, 2005
On Sun Jul 15, 2007 04:16 AM
Great Post :)
x x
By madtodance Comments: 71, member since Sat Mar 31, 2007
On Mon Jul 16, 2007 02:33 PM
can you confirm if my daughter lost a life in u10 starters but has now moved to u12 starters does this life get carried over or do you start from scratch thankyou as we have had lots of conflicting information
By dancerchloe11 Comments: 1063, member since Mon Jul 16, 2007
On Wed Aug 01, 2007 01:14 PM
hi can anyone tell me does your school have to put you down for a comp or can you go to any comp if you can get a ticket thanks chloes mum
By divamom Comments: 63, member since Wed Feb 28, 2007
On Tue Aug 28, 2007 03:38 PM
my 13 year old daughter has just moved dance schools and we know that she is on a 3 month ban. does her old and new school get word of when her ban starts and finishes.
By KERRIQPremium member Comments: 5879, member since Tue Oct 25, 2005
On Tue Aug 28, 2007 04:43 PM
HI

Just reading this post thinking that it's great that the ADFP are finally "on the case of people not moving sections when all lifes are lost" then I realised that this comment was posted 2 years ago. Some things never change can we ever hope for fair comps. Its so unfair for children who are trying their hardest and constanly go to comp only to have the same kids in the top 3 or 4 places time after time, keeping everyone else from being able to move.

Chris
By No1mumxx Comments: 35, member since Mon Sep 03, 2007
On Tue Sep 11, 2007 03:58 PM
I wish all people would read these pages regarding the rules i do believe a lot of unease is caused among schools due to lack of knowledge regarding the rules
By cheekychels13 Comments: 205, member since Sun Mar 04, 2007
On Sat Sep 22, 2007 02:25 AM
Heya
Great post :)
Thanks for clearing up about the make-up rule too!
Many people think you arent allowed to wear glitter make-up in beginers.
Lotsalove Chelsea
x x x
By bigtrouble Comments: 1733, member since Sat Apr 21, 2007
On Sun Sep 30, 2007 09:42 AM
just wondered what happens when you move from an adfp school to another association but continue competing against adfp schools?
By SWEETIEJ Comments: 2307, member since Wed Oct 03, 2007
On Sat Oct 06, 2007 07:23 AM
thank you for this clearance on the rules. my daughter and her partner have just been moved into champs after coming 1st at a comp and we had another competitor query why they had been moved up because of the number of other entrants. they had one life to lose and danced fantastically, yes there were only 5 other couples but they were deamed by their dance teacher good enough to be moved up.
By funkimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 509, member since Tue Mar 15, 2005
On Wed Oct 17, 2007 03:45 AM
Are you allowed to dance with a person who is a champ if their original pertner isn't there and then the next week dance with someone who is an intermediate?? then the week after that dance with the champ agin??

thanks xxx
By staceysmummember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1111, member since Wed Jul 20, 2005
On Sat Oct 20, 2007 05:32 AM
there are loads of wonderful beginner costumes out there with slits, bits cut out and everything else. why oh why doesnt anything get done about it, its so unfair for the dancers who would like these sorts of costumes in beginners but are staying with the rules and dont.

i see it time and time again.

angie
Page:
Page 3 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

ReplySendWatch