Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

ballet dancers/figure skaters i have a question for you!!
By pointeskater
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 07:35 PM

I started dancing to help my skating and now i can go on pointe in the fall. I herd breaking in pointe shoes hurt, and I hope my feet won't be so blistered I won't be able to skate. Any skaters who have gone through this situation? If so, tell me about the situation.

3 Replies to ballet dancers/figure skaters i have a question for you!!

re: ballet dancers/figure skaters i have a question for you!!
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 08:56 PM
I was skating at the time I first broke in pointe shoes and I never got any blisters. Guess I was just pretty lucky. My feet were sore after class, but they were fine the next day for skating. I don't take as many pointe classes as other dancers because it's not the best thing for a skater's feet. But I still have never gotten any blisters from dancing.
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 28, 2005 09:23 PM
Yeah, I've taken pointe before, albeit not while skating, and pointe work takes a toll on your feet, regardless of blisters or not. I'd say limit the amount of time you spend in your pointe shoes if you're a serious skater. At one point I was taking pointe one hour a week and it still made my feet the nasty. You might want to consider remaining on demi-pointe if skating is your top priority. If its not, then just try to find good padding and hope your pointe shoes break in quickly.
By Summer1
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:12 AM
It's funny, my skates always gave me MORE blisters than my point shoes. I just used lots of tape and lambs wool-for both skating and pointe. Good luck!

ReplySendWatch