Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - Advanced

Hip Hop - Advanced
Has anyone every heard of Newstyle?????
By Ajaye Comments: 299, member since Thu Dec 23, 2004
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 01:08 PM

Hey everyone I dont know how many of you have seen videos on style2ouf.com but I keep watching these videos with the style called newstyle. It looks like media hiphop but freestyled. If so then that would really be the name of media hiphop. Actually it looks more like poppin mixed with media hiphop. Can anyone who knows where I can find info on this or who knows what This is hit me back on this forum thanks.

6 Replies to Has anyone every heard of Newstyle?????

re: Has anyone every heard of Newstyle?????
By TrippyJing Comments: 395, member since Tue Nov 09, 2004
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 06:18 PM
I think it's just freestyling. Not sure where the name came from...maybe engrish?
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 100, member since Tue Jan 04, 2005
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 07:55 PM
Okay I think its pretty much freestyle as well, there is some slight popping in it but not much. Now I think I know of a guy who is kind of popular for newstyle, his name is REMY. I know one of his videos has been posted here on dance.net a long while ago. Look up REMY and I believe the dancing that he does is newstyle.
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sat Jul 30, 2005 09:08 PM
Newstyle is freestyled "new hip-hop".
Invent
By SpellieDev Comments: 480, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 03:05 AM
i just saw the vids, and i can see where ajaye is taking it....but i wouldn't say it's "media hip-hop" per se, cuz anything style2ouf puts out is WAAAAAAY better than what mainstream media's got to offer. i wish i can see more of that at the hip-hop clubs here.

so if newstyle is considered new hiphop, would boogaloo be considered old hiphop?
By BBoy_Skribble Comments: 261, member since Wed Sep 24, 2003
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:24 PM
Yeah... i'm agreein' with SpellieDev. Style2ouf has some really great clips of the newstyle, umm... style! Most of what they put out is 100% hip-hop! To me it kinda came out of nowhere but it's interesting to see something new out there! I think it's okay but for right now, I'm stickin' to my funkstyles and bboying!

Skribble (back on da boards!!!)
By yuuyaa Comments: 50, member since Wed Jul 27, 2005
On Thu Sep 15, 2005 06:48 AM
there used to be a "new school freestyle" a long time ago but now wheres that? people like to label something they saw as "new" because they just saw it, but when you think about it, its not totally "new". i dont think theres really any "new" out there. its just remixed imo.

ReplySendWatch