Forum: General / Contests

Contests
A Request (karma: 12)
By GooseBerrymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 861, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 03:26 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-08-02 19:57:34

First of all, I would like to point out that DDN does have an Image Editing Board (it's under "Arts").

My plea is this: If you want an animated avatar, a photo edited, or a background changed, there's no reason to make a contest out of it. There are way too many contests like that, and it gets boring. Personally, I don't even enter those any more.

The better solution (in my opinion) would be to post on the Image Editing Board. People there are nice, they don't bite! There's a big sticky at the top of that page with editing requests, and usually people who post there get several responses. Also, people who hang out on that board are mostly editors who have experience. If your argument is that you want to give karma to the winner, you can STILL do that on the Image Editing Board!

Thank you for reading this, and I'd love to hear some more opinions on this topic as well.

~~Meg

13 Replies to A Request

re: A Request
By GKtpt03 Comments: 600, member since Sat Dec 21, 2002
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 06:24 PM
I totally agree; sometimes i feel people are either too lazy, or dont feel like learning how to edit and spruce up pics. I know this is not everyone who has done a create an avatar for me contest but im sure at least one person has had a contest for that purpose. Also it just clogs up the boards and other contest threads get bumped down.

Have a good one,

Greg
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10721, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Tue Aug 02, 2005 07:02 PM
Oh yes, pleeeeeeaaaa seeeeee. And if you REALLY want to make a contest like this, please please please wait until the other ones are finished!!!
I stopped entering "edit this" contests, because I was bored of them.

Kathy
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Aug 04, 2005 06:07 AM
Please stop doing this! Animated avatar request contests are overrunning the DDN population! Ah!

*gathers sanity*

Thank you for this post. Hopefully people will read it and stop posting so many similar contests. The Image Editing Board is here for a reason, people!

~pb12
By GooseBerrymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 861, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:14 AM
I'm making an additional request: Stop the "Guess My Age" contests! They require absolutely no skill, and end quickly, therefore clogging up the board.

Thank you,
~~Meg
By GracefulMoosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 334, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 04:20 PM
I think that we should keep the image editing because people get karmas and a trophie. so that is what i think. you can also ignore this message.(if you want)
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:58 PM
If your argument is that you want to give karma to the winner, you can STILL do that on the Image Editing Board!

And trophies don't really do anything. I don't know of anyone that saves all the trophies they get...

~~Meg
By tinylildancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1093, member since Fri Jul 16, 2004
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 07:43 PM
If we get rid of all of these requests, than there wont be as many contests. Yes this might be good, but people still like to enter them.
On Mon Aug 08, 2005 09:05 PM
There may not be as many contests, but at least all the contests will be unique and require some thought/skill.

~~Meg
By GracefulMoosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 334, member since Wed Apr 20, 2005
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 08:59 AM
If we put image editing under image editing so if you still give a karmathen it will be just like a contest. am i right?
By GKtpt03 Comments: 600, member since Sat Dec 21, 2002
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 09:29 AM
You dont have to give karma if you have a contest, its optional, just kinda like an added bonus. I personally am not sitting here every night and counting my karma and seeing how much i got, i feel there are some more important things in life =^).

To each his own,

Greg
On Tue Aug 09, 2005 01:16 PM
No, GracefulMoose. If you have a picture that needs editing, and you put it on the Image Editing board, you don't HAVE to give karma to anyone that replies. Some people do like to give karma, however. When that happens, usually they give karma to anyone that replies (keep in mind that usually each photo only gets edited once or twice). Karma is not a large part of the Image Editing board.

~~Meg
STOP THE GUESS M Y NAME CONTESTS!!!
By dancingtasha2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 834, member since Sat Dec 25, 2004
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:04 AM
STOP THE GUESS THE NAME CONTESTS !! there is no point of having about 100 of the same things ( contests ) of guess the name !!!
there so boring ( z z z z)
luv tasha x x x
By Charl_xxxxxPremium member Comments: 755, member since Fri Feb 01, 2008
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 03:04 AM
Thanks!

I didnt know there was an image editing board

ReplySendWatchDraw