Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Rink closing for 10 days - vent
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 03:58 PM

Just as I'm starting to get all of my spins back, my loop and flip jumps are getting bigger and better, I learned that my rink is closing on the 7th through the 17th to redo the ice. On one hand I'm so happy they're going to redo the ice because quite frankly it sucks right now, but on the other hand I'm annoyed because a) they didn't tell us that this was going to be happening and b) I won't be able to take my group lesson or my private lesson for a week. Sigh. I'm going to try to skate at another rink at least once during the break even though its far from me, and I'll try to pick up an extra private lesson tomorrow. Okay...nothing of consequence but I just had to complain.

3 Replies to Rink closing for 10 days - vent

re: Rink closing for 10 days - vent
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 05, 2005 09:19 PM
They've done that at my rink before too, but fortunately, there are two sheets of ice. There are also lots of other rinks near me. At least you will be able to go somewhere else just for this week, but it does really suck that they didn't even let you know this would be happening.
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 08:49 AM
I called my coach last night and he's giving me an extra private lesson to make up for next week today. The other rink isn't too far from my house, but it's not *my* rink (although funny enough it used to be and it's actually nicer). I guess I just get into a groove and I hate being thrown off. Ah well, yes I do have options. My coach was like "oh, I totally forgot to tell you I'm so sorry!" but you would think that the rink would have that information posted somewhere for people that don't have coaches or something. Okay, gotta get off this thing and dig up a pair of clean tights :)
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 06, 2005 09:21 AM
Hi, hate it when that happens. Luckily you have another rink to go to at least. There's only one rink in the little country that I live in, the other rink closed last year. ARGH. But, the rink that I skate in is famous for not telling the students about closures, coaches on vacation and stuff like that. It makes skating very unplesant.
Glad your coach is such a nice guy. Hope you can get a practice session in during the break, and I hope the new ice is fab!
All the best :D

ReplySendWatch