Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

fouette combos
By Lives4Dance
On Sun Aug 07, 2005 05:17 PM
Locked by Theresa (28613) on 2006-02-19 16:44:50 locked, to make sure that new topics don't get hidden by older ones!

im an officer on my drill team, and we are chainging our contest jazz a little, and my job is to change the fouette section, bc right now its just 7 straight leg fouttes into a double coupe, and a barrel, and i want to make it alot harder...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas!!

13 Replies to fouette combos

re: fouette combos
By DancinAngel19
On Sun Aug 07, 2005 07:44 PM
2 regular fouettes, double pirouette, 1 straight leg fouette, attitude to the side and you could do cool arms there, and either a couple more fouettes or pirouettes or something. Just a suggestion. HTH!
By HotTubTiffany
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:03 PM
You could go pique 2 fouette (regular), double pirouette, 2 fouettes (regular), 2 fouettes (straight), Shanae axel.

Hope it helps
By PrincessJoy17
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 02:54 PM
Great ideas from the other posters....If you are looking for some difficult fouette combos, check out the dances on halloffamedance.com and click on hall of fame. There are some really good turn combinations on there! good luck
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:54 PM
I mixing in side attitude fouettes, and fouettes into an axel and then a double axel (i hope that makes sense) basically it is a fouette with a jump and then a fouette with a 2 jumps. here is a combo idea:
2 regular fouettes
2 side attitude
2 regular
1 regular into an axel
1 regular into a double axel
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:38 AM
Do some of the ideas above, then try changing your spot. It's easy, but it mixes things up a little.
By Dancin_Always
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 03:43 PM
O.K. Listen closely.
3 straight leg fouette bring you're leg into attitude. So it's like doing an attitude turn but turning the oppisite way. 2 attitude into a triple pirouette and on the last one when you get to the front go into a tilt jump. All of this is on the same leg.
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Sep 12, 2005 05:52 PM
I think fouettes look great with attitude turns and pirouettes thrown in the middle. Great ideas ladies and gents!
Cheers!
Jenna
By Jazzy_Audrey87
On Sun Sep 25, 2005 05:29 PM
fouette, fouette, double turn, step right, left, fan kick, fan kick, step right, prepare for fouette and repeat
turn combo
By fouette1990
On Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:30 PM
Okay....try your fouettes but mix it up with a turn to the floor. Then you could go into a little floorwork! You also have know how much music you have.

You could do an even number of fouette's say like 4 or 6 then into a triple pirouette to the floor (in a tuck position)....make sure you pull your toes underneath and not rock back on your toes. It looks cleaner!

To come back up to the floor do a jump off of your shins...maybe movement to the the other side of the stage ( no leaps or turn , but terre a terre work...cross ball-changes with pas 'de boureau). Now here is where you could do your double axels, fouette jumps, any sort of jump that is going to make the audience go "WOW"!!!

The way you have it is good but you want to aim for mixing it up a little....a little here and then in the middle. You don't want to do all of this intense combination turns and jumps all at the same time. Just my opinion, I have ran a company in the past and was the choreographer. What also would look cool is a single turn in a front attitude!
By jzdancer78
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:24 PM
Just remember also that sometimes it is not the level of difficulty that makes fouettes impressive, it is doing them technically correct. Nothing is worse than seeing no rotation with the working leg, sickled feet or out of control arms. However, if everyone does them really well, try changing spot, a double pirouette back attitude or after a double pirouette, what about an illusion? That one might be too hard to get together with a large group though. Good luck.
By a_rose_2_sweet
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:34 PM
sorry, what eaxtcly is an axel?
By chaine_boimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:11 PM
An axel is a turning jump. It comes after a stamp-turn or fouette. You stamp-turn and when your second leg (supporting) steps your working leg fouettes out to second, then both legs are tucked as you turn and jump in the air. The supporting leg comes back down and your working leg is in retire (or it can come back to second for a double axel). When done correctly, they look pretty cool.
By tribedancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 11, 2006 09:50 AM
you could also do things in your combo such as change the arm position, do a nine jump in the middle, or switch between fouettes in second and the ones where you turn you leg (what are these called?)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed