By Cdance1011 Comments: 229, member since Mon Sep 20, 2004
On Thu Jul 27, 2006 04:53 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from?
Ohio
- How old are you? 12
- How long have you danced? 9 years
- What types of dances do you study? Modern, Jazz
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) ABT Detroit in Detroit MI USA
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? No
- How did you get there? I drove
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? No to both
- How long did you go for? The program is 4 very short weeks
- What were your daily classes? 4 classes per day: Technique, Pointe/Partnering,(lunch) then two classes that changed every day either modern, jazz, character,pilates or rehersals for your performance at the end, there were two pieces you had to learn: ABT Repitory and Original Choreography. We basically rehersed these once everyday whether during the day or your teacher would schedule a night rehersal, usually 7:00-8:30. On the weekends there were two lecture classes either music, nutrition, acting, ballet history, body awareness. They were pretty good.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Mostly ballet for my level (Red)
- Did you have a dress code? Well the information packet we got said that we had to bring at least 2 black leotards and all of our colored leotards, but at our first class Alaine Haubert told us we had to wear black leotard and pink tights all the time except for rehersals when you could wear whatever you wanted. Also for the end performance be prepared to buy or borrow a leotard or skirt in a certain color.
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yes, I don't go through them too fast but I when through 3 pair in 4 weeks
- Did you know anyone? No. I got a call from my roomate a few days before I left so at least I knew her.

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? In the dorms. They were very nice, two to a room, with a landline phone and a cable hookup and a bathroom and shower in every room. Some girls put the two beds on top of eachother and made bunkbeds, sounded too hard to me though.
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? A few blocks to get to Old Main where we had most classes. You have to walk to Old Main to wait for the shuttle buses that would take you to the Detroit Opera House. The studios were alright, sometimes there wasn't enough barre space, one studio at the Opera House had practically no mirrors, which wasn't too bad as it turns out, it made you so much aware of what your body was doing
- What was your roommate like? She was a very nice roommate! She liked the same kinds of things as me, we had a lot in common, about the same age (she was one year older) Although she was in a different level, we still were friends.
- Were you allowed to have a computer? Yes, but not many people I knew had one. On tuesdays and thursdays you could walk to a library on campus and use those computers. (Our chaparone was really nice and let us use her laptop too)
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? Other than the fact that I didn't bring enough black leotards, I could have brought more tights. I don't know why I didn't. Bring food, because sometimes you didn't go to dinner until later. I got REALLY grumpy and hungry once. lol
- Did you make any new friends? Yes! There were a lot of funny nice girls who quickly became my friends
- Did you decorate your room? Me and my roomate had sooo many posters up! There was a decorating contest, but we didn't enter.
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? No one telling you to clean your room! No having to call a friend for a sleepover, they lived next door!
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? I didn't go on the mall trip, but it was probably the best, the beach was boring, and birmingham village was just alright
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? probably having to be in your rooms at 9:00 (pm) although our nice chaparone let us stay till 10:00 to watch "so you think you can dance"
- How was the food? Some girls only ate the same thing the whole time. Some absoluly hated it! I thought it was alright. Unhealthy and Healthy choices, it was just up to you to choose really. There was a desert bar, a salad bar and an ice cream machine (which everyone LOVED) some girls said there was a bug in the salad and some pineapple, but that was it really.
- Were you homesick? A little, but the last weeks went by so fast I couldn't even think. Saying goodbye was so sad, but I was ready to see my family
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Doing to chicken dance in the hall, doing pig tails in one of the guys hair, making gross concoctions in the cafeteria

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? Not at all!
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? No, ABT style really, not much different than my home studio, pay attention to detail in the combinations, ALWAYS know the combination and smile, the teachers like that.
- What was the best advice you received? To hold my arms with my back; to work hard; take corrections that are for other people for yourself; never think you are the best in the class.
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? The teachers gave different kinds of corrections. Things my home teachers may have missed
- What are some new things you have to work on? My arms keeping under control, fingers loose, pirroettes ending in passe, smiling more
- What triumphs did you have? I did four pirroettes!!
- Were there special guest teachers? There were. The music teacher and history teacher and the character teacher
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? Yes. Partnering was TOTALLY new. My level (red)had it twice.
- Did you get an injury? No, but a lot of others did. They could still do the show though
- Describe your favorite teacher. Orlando Molina was my favorite teacher he is from Orlando Ballet and he was sooo funny! He really worked me really hard and I really improved around him. really.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? No. That was too bad

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? YES a big show at the BEAUTIFUL Detroit Opera House that we prepared for the whole intensive.
- What was your piece like? Every level had two pieces, an ABT Repitory dance (ours was from Raymonda) and a Original Choreography piece (Samantha Shelton made ours) Some girls were upset about Samantha's choice of casting, they said it was favoritism, it wasn't really that bad, I wasn't objecting, because I had a nice part.
- Did your family and friends come? Yes!

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? That we got so much individual attention
- What disappointed you? That it was so short
- What would you do differently if you could? I would be more outgoing about meeting new people.
- What is your best memory? Being on the beautiful stage taking class with Orlando Molina on Monday of the last week.
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? I know that I have gotten better and that my name is known now and that I am pretty good.
- Would you do another SI? Are you kidding me? Of course I would!Maybe not this one, because I would like to try other places.
- Include anything you think I've forgotten to ask about... This program was overall SO enjoyable! I just loved it! I would definatly suggest it as a first intensive!! Looking back I miss it a lot!
re: *~*In hindsight...a survey about your SI*~*
By DancerForevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 652, member since Sat Jun 01, 2002
On Mon Jul 31, 2006 08:49 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Kansas
- How old are you? 18
- How long have you danced? "dance" 7 years, really done ballet seriously: 1
- What types of dances do you study? ballet, but I have done jazz
- Where did you go? CPYB- pennsylvania
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before?no
- How did you get there? plane
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? no
Have you been to THIS program before? no
- How long did you go for? 5 weeks
- What were your daily classes? 3 ballet technique and 1 hour pointe
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? just ballet well we had modern once a week but I felt it was pointless
- Did you have a dress code? yes
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yes
- Did you know anyone? no, but I met alot of new people

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? dorms
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? like a 15minute walk or take the bus
- What was your roommate like? quiet and clean
- Were you allowed to have a computer? no
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? yes
- Did you make any new friends? tons
- Did you decorate your room? not really
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? mm... food
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? hershey park
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? having to find a buddy to walk with
- How was the food? delicious! mmmm
- Were you homesick? not really

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? not really
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? a little, but it wasn't too much different
- What was the best advice you received? I have a whole notebook full of it...
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? more combinations at barre, lots of wrapped foot, thats about all
- What are some new things you have to work on? straightening knees, lower stomach, epaulment
- What triumphs did you have? turn out!!!
- Were there special guest teachers? ashley bouder was a popular one but I never had her :( but I did watch her teach and she brought her dog with her into the studio.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? no.. some levels did though
- Did you get an injury? no
- Describe your favorite teacher. either laszlo or tim ringko-gay. laszlo gave TONS of helpful corrections and I don't know why but tim's class was so amazing to me and I really couldn't tell you why.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? seminars like once a week

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? no
- What was your piece like?
- Did your family and friends come?

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? my class only had 14 people in it when everyone showed up...
- What disappointed you? my level at first, but I'm really glad I was in the one I was in now..
- What would you do differently if you could? not have payed for supplemental classes because I hardly ever went.
- What is your best memory? everything!
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? my dancing has changed dramatically
- Would you do another SI? I'm moving there for the year so... yeah I would. lol
By Unwrittenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1463, member since Mon Aug 02, 2004
On Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:01 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Ohio
- How old are you? 12
- How long have you danced? 5 years
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet, pointe, sometimes modern and jazz.
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Ballet Chiago, Chicago IL, USA
- How did you get there? We drove.
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? No and no.
- How long did you go for? 5 weeks.
- What were your daily classes? There was modern, chaaracter, pilates, technique, pointe, variations, and pas de deux. The schedule varried day to day.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? See ^
- Did you have a dress code? Yes.
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yes.
- Did you know anyone? Yes, 4 other girls from my studio went.

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? Dorms
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? Like, a 10 minutes walk
- What was your roommate like? Outgoing and kind.
- Were you allowed to have a computer? Yes, we didn't though.
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? Yes.
- Did you make any new friends? Yes, many, many new friends.
- Did you decorate your room? Lightly
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? I could do whatever I wanted!
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? Navy Pier and the beach were fun. Water Tower mall was great too.
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? WE had to be in our rooms by 9 o'clock every night except for Saturday when curfew was 11.
- How was the food? Pretty good. A lot of unhealthy stuff though.
- Were you homesick? Not really
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Uuum, we chased Charles aroung on night spraying him with harispay, Saturday night sleepovers, playing in Millenium Park fountains, having mattress wrestling with Meredith, the list goes on and on....

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? The floors were rather sticky, but other than that uit was pretty good.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Yes. It is a Balanchine school and I am accustomed to just straight classical technique.
- What was the best advice you received? To use my arms from my back.
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? They were more Balanchine based and a little more basic.
- What are some new things you have to work on? Holding my arms correctly.
- What triumphs did you have? Uuum, I got a fairly nice part in our modern piece (I thought I was rubbish in modern...).
- Were there special guest teachers? No.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? Yes! I started pas de deux and had character for the first time.
- Did you get an injury? No, but my bad knee did flare up now and then.
- Describe your favorite teacher.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Sadly, no.

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Yes.
- What was your piece like? We had a modern piece, a ballet peice, and a character peice.
- Did your family and friends come? Yes. My parents and my sister.

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? How much the levels were done by age.
- What disappointed you? That I wasn't in a higher level, but in the end it was a good thing because my level was much stronger than the one ahead of us.
- What would you do differently if you could? I don't know...
- What is your best memory? Waaaaay to many to count.
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? That even when you think you can't go any longer, you have to keep pushing no matter how hard it is. The hard is what makes it great.
- Would you do another SI? Yes, maybe not this one, but I would most definetely do another SI.

Clarice
By pinkballerina007 Comments: 177, member since Fri Nov 19, 2004
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 04:11 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? jacksonville, florida
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 13 years
- What types of dances do you study? tap, ballet, pointe, character, modern, jazz
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) central florida ballet (orlando, florida usa)
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? yes many times
- How did you get there? my parents drove me down
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? never been to an intensive
- How long did you go for? 3 weeks
- What were your daily classes? everyday you have ballet and either partnering/pointe along with 4 other classes of either: rep, variations, modern, jazz, lyrical, chracter, tap, and improv
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? id say about half of the classes were ballet
- Did you have a dress code? black leotard and pink tights for ballet and you could wear warm ups for any other classes
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yes i only used 2 pairs
- Did you know anyone? yes i went with 3 friends

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? with my uncle
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? ...
- What was your roommate like? ...
- Were you allowed to have a computer? ...
- Did you make any new friends? lots of new friends
- Did you decorate your room? no
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? having a different expirience than you are used to
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? ...
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? ...
- How was the food? the lunches were very good... they were from a resturaunt that caters
- Were you homesick? nope
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. we all just had lots of fun together

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? no they were wonderful and the studios were so nice!
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? no it was the same... vagonva
- What was the best advice you received? there wasnt one specific thing, i just grew alot as a dancer from everything they told me
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? they were very similar
- What are some new things you have to work on? just some new steps we learned
- What triumphs did you have? i can do many more turns now becuase one of the teachers helped me alot with that
- Were there special guest teachers? yes from different cities
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? yes and it was fun at times
- Did you get an injury? i had one already
- Describe your favorite teacher. he was very intimidating which made me work harder, but he was a nice guy.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? the 1st 2 weeks we had lectures everyday on different topics like injuries, nutrition, ballet education, terminolgy, etc

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? yes
- What was your piece like? i had 5 (pointe, modern, lyrical, character, and improv)
- Did your family and friends come? yes

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? how good it was
- What disappointed you? nothing honestly
- What would you do differently if you could? get to know people the 1st few days
- What is your best memory? our improv dance in the show and performing it
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? i love it more
- Would you do another SI? i would go there again
By dance_to_kill Comments: 517, member since Tue Dec 28, 2004
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:45 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Oregon
- How old are you? Eighteen
- How long have you danced? Fourteen years, but mostly tap and jazz, only two years for ballet.
- What types of dances do you study? Tap jazz and ballet, I am thinking about adding modern and swing this fall.
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet in Carlisle PA
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? I've been to Pennsylvania before, but not for anything dance related.
- How did you get there? Plane
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? No and No
- How long did you go for? Five weeks
- What were your daily classes? Three ballet technique classes and one optional night class. One ballet modified modern class a week in place of a ballet class.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Ballet
- Did you have a dress code? A basic black leo ( standard cami, tank, short or long sleeve with no straps holes or any fancy decoration besides velvet, ie no mesh lace or anything like that)
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yeah, I ended up not needing any.
- Did you know anyone? My roommate, but she left the first week because of an injury.

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? No, my first class was at the HUB which was a block away from the dorms, the Barn had a bus and the warehouse was a fifteen minute walk or an unnesessary bus ride.
- What was your roommate like? We are pretty much best friends, but since she left early I got my own double size room. :)
- Were you allowed to have a computer? No
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? I over packed, I wish I packed a water proof jacket though. I think we had at least one thunder/rainstorm ever week.
- Did you make any new friends? Yeah
- Did you decorate your room? No
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? Personally I didn't really like it.
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? Getting to go shopping was good.
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? Lights out and the buddy system
- How was the food? It left some room to be desired. It was usually ok, but I was amazed at how their was always brown lettuce in the salad bar.
- Were you homesick? Yes.
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. My hall had some weird obsession with High School Musical, sneaking off to Starbucks was great too. Hanging out in the Lounge between classes, there were a lot of good times.

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? A little, some of their analogies were completely out there and a few taught a little Balanchine, the hardest was dancing in the barn. I was terrified of falling off the stage and dancing on the tile, even if it was just for barre was miserable.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Some teachers taught a little Balanchine
- What was the best advice you received? I don't know, but one teacher (Megan, I forgot her last name) really helped me improve my turn out and developes a la second.
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? Like I said before, Balanchine and definitely picked at more technique.
- What are some new things you have to work on? Not over turning out in first, really using all the turn out I have, my extension, pointing more through my feet.
- What triumphs did you have? Entre chat trois, learning the coise/efface/ecarte/devante/derriere, my pirouettes are a lot better too and that was a big goal, so was cleaning up my jumps and tour jetes.
- Were there special guest teachers? Ashley Bouder, I never had her but I heard she was amazing. The Modern teacher, Jonathan Riseling had to leave earlier than he thought so on Friday it was taught by a guy who used to dance at Alvin Ailey and taught real hardcore Modern, it was awesome I just wish I could have taken the class.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? Modern
- Did you get an injury? :( Yeah, I went with a fractured tailbone and left with a fractured foot and a strained muscle in my other foot (that will teach me to not roll in)
- Describe your favorite teacher. Either Theresa Crawford or Megan. I had Theresa the most so she really got to know how we worked and would joke with us and tell us some bizarre stories, she definitely helped me improve a lot, I didn't have Megan as much, but I think what she did made the most sense to me, even though her classes frustrated me the most she really gave me some good corrections. I liked how she was really strict and direct.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Yeah. There were seminars on nutrition, Gaynor Mindens, injury prevention, and a couple others I think.

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? No

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? How slow the classes went, but after the first week things really picked up and I understood why they did it.
- What disappointed you? My level, but after I had been in class for a week or so I was really glad about it for the most part. I did wish I could do pointe though. Although I am sure that once I am able to dance again I will see an improvement in my pointe work too.
- What would you do differently if you could? Try not to get hurt..Probably get to know the girls in my hall better.
- What is your best memory? Sneaking out to Starbucks with a few girls and a girl and her mom who lived nearby and commuted, maybe realizing I actually have arches in my feet or finding a pair of pointe shoes that I really really like. Maybe being "dancer bums" and eating ice cream in front of Massey's before night class and ultimately deciding to skip night class to watch partnering or a high level nigh class. There were a lot of good times to be had.
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? I'm not really sure, but my dancing has improved a lot.
- Would you do another SI? I think so, but only if I don't have to stay at the dorms.
By Goldenhoney06 Comments: 1009, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 06:17 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Maryland

- How old are you? 17

- How long have you danced? 4 years
- What types of dances do you study? ballet and modern

- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet in Carlisle PA

- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? I've been to PA before

- How did you get there? car it was only a 2 hour drive

- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? this was my first intensive

- How long did you go for?
5 weeks
- What were your daily classes? 3 ballet technique

- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? modern once a week

- Did you have a dress code? plain black leo, pink tights, pink ballet slippers

- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yup ending up not needing them

- Did you know anyone? Nope but I did meet dance2kill and dancerforever(we're gonna be rommies yearround)

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? host family

- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? 20 min drive from host family house

- What was your roommate like? Becca was a sweetheart, fun

- Were you allowed to have a computer? my host mother let us use hers

- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? yup

- Did you make any new friends? tons from all over the world(Singapore, Iceland, Israel) plus met 2 DDNers

- Did you decorate your room? nope

- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? me and my roommate became bakers and made desert almost every night

- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? n/a

- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? n/a

- How was the food? delish

- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. being dancer bums(sitting on the curb in front of Massey's ice cream shope eating ice cream)
a group of us being treated to starbucks by our friends mother( she was a commuter)

Class:

- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? some teachers taught a little balanchine which I've never done

- What was the best advice you received? there's no specific thing, I got so much useful advice

- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? not really different

- What are some new things you have to work on?
using my newfound turnout( I thought my turnout absolutely sucked but its actually pretty good)

- What triumphs did you have? finding my turnout, mastering the perfect pirouette

- Were there special guest teachers? yup although most of my teacher were yearrounders but Noalani Pantastico taught and so did Ashley Bouder and tons others.

- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? nope

- Did you get an injury? tendonitis but it was no big deal

- Describe your favorite teacher. Theresa Crawford, absolute perfectionist but a sweetheart and I loved her class because I felt like one of her favorites lol

- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? yup seminars

Performance:

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? how slow the first week was but it made sense after the fact and it speeded up the 2nd week

- What disappointed you? nothing

- What would you do differently if you could? nothing

- What is your best memory? being dancer bums definetely( see above)
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? ?

- Would you do another SI? yup I'm actually going to start at CPYB yearround so I'll be at this SI again next year
By schnukkel Comments: 61, member since Fri Jul 14, 2006
On Thu Aug 10, 2006 01:02 PM
does CPYB have intensives for beginners? I heard that it offered many levels.. I'd like to go for next year, but I'm not sure if I'd be good enough. i wrote a forum on it:www.dance.net . . .
By ILoveIdinaMenzel Comments: 11, member since Fri Mar 17, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 05:01 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Louisiana
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 13 years
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Modern, and Character
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)The Joffrey Workshop in San Antonio, TX
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Yes
- How did you get there? Car
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before?Yes but not this one.
- What were your daily classes? 2 hours technique then a varition of three classes: Pointe, character, pas, modern, choreographic workshop, and seminars
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? primarily ballet
- Did you have a dress code? black camisole leotard and pink footed tights
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? 4 was enough
- Did you know anyone? Yes, two or three people

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? At most a 10 minute walk
- What was your roommate like? I knew her before hand but we didn't expect to be rooming together...a nice coincidence.
- Were you allowed to have a computer? yes I brought my laptop
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? I should have brought socks...
- Did you make any new friends? TONS
- Did you decorate your room? Yeah with pictures and such
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? Being with the amazing people there all the time.
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? We went to seaworld and the riverwalk
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? the curfew...
- How was the food? Kind of sketchy but not inedible
- Were you homesick? not really
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Me and three other girls had a MAJOR competition going on in Kemps and foos ball...I could fill a novel with fun times.

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty?2 studios didn't have mirrors so that was different
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to?yes
- What was the best advice you received?I really learned to fix my crooked-ness because one of my teachers had the same problem and she gave me good pointers.
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? More focused and we got a lot more done.
- What are some new things you have to work on? Stop looking at the floor and to hold my center.
- What triumphs did you have? consisten triple on pointe and better balance
- Were there special guest teachers? no they've all been with the workshop before but the majority of them were past or present joffrey dancers or ballet masters.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? We did partner but it wasn't new to me...
- Did you get an injury? Nothing that I didn't have coming in.
- Describe your favorite teacher. Ms Orio, she was so cute and her corrections were so positive that it made you want to have corrections!
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Dance Appreciation. We watched the Dream and Sleeping Beauty

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Yes
- What was your piece like? Variations from The Dream
- Did your family and friends come?Family

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? The profesionality of the whole workshop
- What disappointed you? I wish it would have been longer. And I felt that some people were misplaced in the wrong levels
- What would you do differently if you could? Put 110% into every class
- What is your best memory? The three girls I got so close to.
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? It taught me to love dancing again rather than treating it as a chore.
- Would you do another SI? I have my heart set on this one for next year!
By EnPointe15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 82, member since Wed Aug 23, 2006
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 09:45 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? VA
- How old are you? 15
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet, Jazz, pointe
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)Richmond ballet school Richmond,VA
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Yes
- How did you get there? Car
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? yes. And yes
- What were your daily classes? it veryed every day. But i had Ballet, pointe, pas de deux, modern, jazz, Rep, variations
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? mostly ballet
- Did you have a dress code? on week days:Black leotard,pink thights week ends: colored leotard,pink thights
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yes i did
- Did you know anyone? yes i knew about four people

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family?
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class?
- What was your roommate like?
- Were you allowed to have a computer?
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect?
- Did you make any new friends?
- Did you decorate your room?
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home?
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)?
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule?
- How was the food?
- Were you homesick?
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends.

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? No
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? well thay did every method,almost
- What was the best advice you received? everything
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? well thay had a live pianist and did not repeat the same thing twice in a week
- What are some new things you have to work on? not to get to stiff
- What triumphs did you have? i got my doubal turns on bouth sides
- Were there special guest teachers? yes. the company members
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? yes, partnering
- Did you get an injury? No thankfully
- Describe your favorite teacher. he came acros as hard as eney thing but he relly cared what you did in class
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? yes there where

Performance:
- What was your piece like? Well, are class did two pointe pieces one of them whas Diverimento#15, the other whas done by one of the teachers this one whas whas contemporary
- Did your family and friends come?yes thay did

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? that i could push myself that far
- What disappointed you? that it whas not longer
- What would you do differently if you could? i would have spent more time in the studios
- What is your best memory? when one of the teachers held me back so i could do it by my self( i gess he thout i did it right)
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? that i have to dance fully
- Would you do another SI? yes yes yes!!!!
By odette827member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 454, member since Tue Mar 01, 2005
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:52 PM
Edited by odette827 (123873) on 2006-08-23 22:58:06
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Minnesota.
- How old are you? Sixteen on Sunday.
- How long have you danced? Nine years.
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet (Cecchetti usually), pointe, modern.
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Royal Winnipeg Ballet Recreational Division in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Nope, brand new. :)
- How did you get there? Eight-hour car ride.
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? This was my first.
- How long did you go for? 2 1/2 weeks.
- What were your daily classes? It was a day 1/day 2 schedule: day 1 was ballet, jazz, music, modern; day 2 was ballet, pointe, Spanish, conditioning. This was just for my level (C); some of the more advanced dancers had variations and repetoire as well.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Ballet is my first.
- Did you have a dress code? They said black or navy leotard, pink tights, pink slippers, for modern it was black tights, same for jazz.
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yes, more than I needed. I ended up having people sign a pair, so it was good I had extra.
- Did you know anyone? Nope.

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? Dorms.
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? No, the residence building was connected to the school building by skywalk.
- What was your roommate like? She was nice, we didn't have any problems.
- Were you allowed to have a computer? Yes, in the lounge.
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? Yes, I was well prepared. I brought more clothes than I wore, though.
- Did you make any new friends? Of course!
- Did you decorate your room? I brought an album of pictures, I had books out, and they gave a few free posters I put up.
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? To be around so many people that don't mind talking about ballet.
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? We had a dance on a riverboat that was a GREAT time.
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? Room curfews; you had to be in your room at 10:30, and sometimes we wanted to talk longer in other rooms.
- How was the food? I liked it, but we weren't allowed peanut butter anything because of allergies. ;)
- Were you homesick? At times, but it was insanely hard to leave.
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Dashing like mad to get back from the studios to residence to take showers, sitting in the hall talking about raisin bran, going to the coffee shop nearby to get hot chocolate almost every day. It was fabulous.

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? No, the floors were different than I'm used to, but not hard to dance on.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? No, I could tell it was something of a Cecchetti program, and that's what I do.
- What was the best advice you received? Dance every class like it's the last day.
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? Well I have never taken jazz before, so taking the class at all was new.
- What are some new things you have to work on? Well I have to CONTINUE working on trying to relax and breathe....
- What triumphs did you have? During a balance' combination my teacher said I had 'beauiful quality.' I also improved my double turns.
- Were there special guest teachers? Miss Colleen Pratt; I think she was from South Africa, but I didn't work with her.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? Jazz was new for me.
- Did you get an injury? No, but real sore....
- Describe your favorite teacher. I had the same teacher for ballet, pointe, and Spanish. I don't know how to describe, but she could help you without yelling or sounding angry and that was helpful I think.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? We had a little workshop on how to make a proper classical bun and tie pointe shoe ribbons correctly one day. I guess not everyone was looking tidy enough in classes.

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Yes.
- What was your piece like? I was in two, a modern piece where it was pretty much like a class we would do, but choreographed to move more smoothly, and a jazz piece that my teacher choreographed.
- Did your family and friends come? My mom and dad came.

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? How much I hated to leave.
- What disappointed you? Nothing.
- What would you do differently if you could? Staying more stretched out.
- What is your best memory? I can't pick, honestly.
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? As aforesaid, dance every class like it's the last day.
- Would you do another SI? For SURE.

~Linda
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 10210, member since Mon Jun 30, 2003
On Sun Sep 03, 2006 09:05 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? NC
- How old are you?16
- How long have you danced?10 years
- What types of dances do you study?ballet, modern, jazz
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? no
- How did you get there? drove
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? Yes and no
- How long did you go for?6 weeks
- What were your daily classes? ballet, pointe, variations, style
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? mostly ballet
- Did you have a dress code? black leo with pink tights
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yup
- Did you know anyone? one person

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? forms
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class?sometimes
- What was your roommate like? I knew her from home
- Were you allowed to have a computer?yes
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect?yes
- Did you make any new friends?kinda
- Did you decorate your room?yes
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? no parent breathing down my back lol
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? shopping
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? bed check-lights OFF by a certain time was annoying
- How was the food? gross
- Were you homesick? no
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. we went skinny dipping

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? nope
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? no
- What was the best advice you received? put my tension in my abs
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? they were more hands on (one teacher played bongos on my butt)
- What are some new things you have to work on? strength
- What triumphs did you have? I'm more flexible
- Were there special guest teachers? no
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? no
- Did you get an injury? :( patellar tendinitis
- Describe your favorite teacher. she was really honest but nice and gave EVERYONE individual corrections and worked with you until you understood them.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? sometimes

Performance:
- What was your piece like? pretty simple

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? the other dancers
- What disappointed you? long story
- What would you do differently if you could? long story
- What is your best memory? teachers telling stories
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? It's definitely possible for me to still improve despite my age
- Would you do another SI? probably not

- Include anything you think I've forgotten to ask about...

What were your dorm chaperones like??

Mine were insane! Yet nice and funny. Totally cool people.
By secretdancer Comments: 83, member since Tue Oct 25, 2005
On Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:11 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? nj
- How old are you? 15
- How long have you danced? 10 years like 4 with good training
- What types of dances do you study? ballet pointe jazz modern tap
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) new jersey ballet in livingston nj
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? yes to that studio and i live in nj
- How did you get there? car
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? like i did a week one this summer but not really and not this one
- How long did you go for? suppose to be 3 weeks i amde it through one only because my injury flared up. its bad again
- What were your daily classes? ballet pointe variations partnering character
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? ballet
- Did you have a dress code? yes but it wasnt awful
- Did you know anyone? um well not in my level before going into it 2 from my studio were in the level above

If you lived there:
i didnt

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? not really i didnt like one teacher at all
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? yes im more used to rad but it wasnt that different
- What was the best advice you received? hm in my extensions to hold my hip a certain way. it helped alot
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? character was somewhat new and partnering
- What are some new things you have to work on? placement dancing through my injury pain ouch
- What triumphs did you have? learning what they already new repitory wise
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? yes partnering i loved it
- Did you get an injury? my old injury like reoccured i guess
- Describe your favorite teacher. fun and encouraging, tough but motivating
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? no

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Yes but i didnt do it cause i left early
- What was your piece like? pointe and very um cannony
- Did your family and friends come? they would have

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? that even in 4 days i got so much
- What disappointed you? my injury i would love to hgave stayed
- What would you do differently if you could? not be hurt
- What is your best memory? tuesday night class. amazing
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? that i still got into a great level with my injury and it just reassured me that someone can tell how hard i work
- Would you do another SI? defiantly. prolly this one
By AmyJoJomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:31 AM
Edited by dancingjojo17 (81943) on 2006-09-10 11:33:14 ballet AND pointe....
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Yukon, Oklahoma
- How old are you? 15
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet and pointe!!!!
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Carlisle, PA
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Yes, I went to the same SI for the third time this summer
- How did you get there? We drove for 2 days.
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Yes.
- Have you been to THIS program before? Yes, this was my third time
- What were your daily classes? Ballet, Ballet, Pointe, and ballet. In that order! :P
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Ballet!!!
- Did you have a dress code? Black leo with do back designs, no halters, no criss-cross etc.... pink tights with feet worn in the shoes
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yeah
- Did you know anyone? yeah!

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? I lived with my mom and my friend in a nearby B&B
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? nope, walking distance
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)?
- How was the food?
- Were you homesick?

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? The schedule was reeeeeealy tough.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Oh yes.
- What was the best advice you received? It is hard to say!
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? This was more Vagonavaish like...
- What are some new things you have to work on? Pretty much my same projects
- What triumphs did you have? None :(
- Were there special guest teachers? Ashley Bouder!!!!
- Did you get an injury? My knee and my hips hurt at the end :(
- Describe your favorite teacher. Melinda Howe!! SHe is just a good teacher.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Sometimes seminars

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Nope

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? It wasn't that great
- What disappointed you? It wasn't that great
- What would you do differently if you could? Gage my energy better
- What is your best memory? Hanging out with Kenzi and getting Dutch sandwiches!
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? Gage your energy and work on YOUR specific projects. And breath.
- Would you do another SI? OH YEAH!!!!!

- What SI was it? CPYB

-Amy-Jo
By melikeballet Comments: 256, member since Thu Mar 15, 2007
On Tue Jun 19, 2007 07:40 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2007-06-27 12:48:19 off topic
I haven't gone yet, but am leaving in 3 days!!! :)
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Kansas (but take @ KansasCityBallet School)
- How old are you? 11
- How long have you danced? 8-9 years
- What types of dances do you study? ballet, variations, pointe, jazz next yr.
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)Joffrey TX
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Nope
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? not old enough before this year
- What were your daily classes? pointe, partnering, repertoire, variations, health, seminars, comtemporary, character etc.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? all aspects of ballet
- Did you have a dress code? yes
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? ????
- Did you know anyone? :( Nope

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? dorm
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? ?? Not there yet!
- What was your roommate like? ??? Haven't met them yet!
- Were you allowed to have a computer? No
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? I will find that out soon!
- Did you make any new friends? ?
- Did you decorate your room? Not allowed
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? No parents!
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? Don't know yet, but the royal ballet is coming and doing Sleeping Beauty!!!!
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? ?
- How was the food? ?
- Were you homesick? ?
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. ?

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty?
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to?
- What was the best advice you received?
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes?
- What are some new things you have to work on?
- What triumphs did you have?
- Were there special guest teachers?
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering?
- Did you get an injury?
- Describe your favorite teacher.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings?

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end?

Overall:
- What surprised you the most?
- What disappointed you?
- What would you do differently if you could?
- What is your best memory?
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing?
- Would you do another SI?
I'll update this post after my SI!
Also, good idea 4 survey! :)
*melikeballet*
By passion4dance10 Comments: 35, member since Sat Nov 04, 2006
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 09:39 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from?shawville, quebec, canada
- How old are you?14
- How long have you danced?3 years ballet( 6yrs of dancing in total)
- What types of dances do you study?ballet jazz hiphop tap contemporary
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)theschoolofdance (ottawa,ontario,canada)
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before?yes
- How did you get there?car
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before?no and no
- How long did you go for?2 weeks
- What were your daily classes?1 1/2 hour ballet,1 hour pointe,1 hour dances or character, 2 hours stage(jazz/lyrical)
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too?primarily ballet
- Did you have a dress code?black or navy leotard pink tights and hair in a bun
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes?yes
- Did you know anyone?yes my best friend came with me

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family?host family
- Did you have to travel far from your host family to get to class? about 1/2 an hour by car
- What was your roommate like?great it was my best friend
- Were you allowed to have a computer?they had a computer
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect?yeah but i forgot my jeans
- Did you make any new friends?a lot alot
- Did you decorate your room? no
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home?being free
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? we went for ice cream with our stage teacher
- What was your least favorite host family rule?none
- How was the food?awesome
- Were you homesick?no

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? no
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to?no not really just the way of teaching was different
- What was the best advice you received?its ok to make mistakes as long as you keep your confidence
- What are some new things you have to work on?posture (too much arch in my back)
- What triumphs did you have?mastering the barre work
- Were there special guest teachers?yes but only for the advanced students
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? character dancing
- Did you get an injury? :( just really sore

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? there was an open house (parents can watch the classes)
- Did your family and friends come? my mommy

Overall:
- Would you do another SI?yes
By iceskatergurl43member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 405, member since Mon Nov 20, 2006
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 09:53 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from?: New York
- How old are you?: 14
- How long have you danced?: like forever lol
- What types of dances do you study?: right now just ballet and pointe, next year jazz, tap, ballet, and pointe
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.): pittsfeild,Maine
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Nope
- How did you get there? Drove
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before?No and No
- How long did you go for? 1 week
- What were your daily classes? they changed every day but we had Ballet Technique first for 2 hours every day
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Yes
- Did you have a dress code? No
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Not on pointe
- Did you know anyone? Nope

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? Not really
- What was your roommate like? First I didnt havve one then my friend moved in with me cause she didnt really "enjoy" her roommate
- Were you allowed to have a computer? no they had some downstairs
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? Not really i needed a bunch more stuff
- Did you make any new friends? YES
- Did you decorate your room? somewhat
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? maybe freedom
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? Walking to citgo lol
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? lights out at 10:30
- How was the food? ok
- Were you homesick? no
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Well, one night we had a sleepover w/o the dorm person knowing, when my friend moved into my room we decided to use the "mattress express" and we saw a guy walking into the movies in black high heeled sitellto boots with his jeans tucked into them

Class:
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? yes
- What was the best advice you received? all of it
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? yes
- What are some new things you have to work on? character
- What triumphs did you have? ummmmmm i cant remember (wow.)
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? yes character and i stink lol
- Did you get an injury? :( nope
- Describe your favorite teacher. she was really nice and better then the other teachers
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? yup So You Think You Can Dance

Performance:
- What was your piece like? we were soldiers lol
- Did your family and friends come? just my dad

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? how hard it was
- What disappointed you? nothing
- What would you do differently if you could? nope
- What is your best memory? my friends
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? i dont know
- Would you do another SI? YES im going back next year
By BallRinaBaBe Comments: 136, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? long island
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 2 years ballet
- What types of dances do you study? right now just ballet
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) carlisle PA (cpyb)
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? nope
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? nope
- What were your daily classes? ballet ballet pointe ballet... we had one modern class a week
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too?
- Did you have a dress code? yes. plain black leo with no fancy back
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yea
- Did you know anyone?yea.. a few girls from my studio

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? some were close and some were 15 minutes away
- What was your roommate like? she was nice..we got along and she was a good roommate
- Were you allowed to have a computer? no.. but i did anyway
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? yeaa
- Did you make any new friends? yep
- Did you decorate your room? yea
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? living on our own..
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? hershey park!
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? if u get locked out you have to pay a dollar...
- How was the food? i liked it

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? no not really.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? some. i do balanchine and the teachers at cpyb teach all kinds of different methods.
- What was the best advice you received? if you work hard you will see results... if you don't work for it you'll be at the same place in 10 years
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? it was very based on correct placement rather than tricks.
- What are some new things you have to work on? inner thigh muscles.
- Were there special guest teachers? YES. laszlo. but they're all great.
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? nope.. i was in a D level and only E levels got to do partnering
- Did you get an injury? haha yes.
- Describe your favorite teacher. laszlo... he's amazing and he made me want to work hard.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? we had some non-ballet related movie nights.

Performance:

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? how much i improved
- What disappointed you? that i got injured
- What would you do differently if you could? avoid getting injured.. attend more night classes
- What is your best memory? everything
- Would you do another SI? yesss
By pheebs17member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 530, member since Thu Dec 07, 2006
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 01:08 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? vermont
- How old are you? 14
- How long have you danced? 11 years
- What types of dances do you study? ballet, jazz, modern, tap, hula and swing
- Where did you go? punxsutawney Pennsylvania, van dyke dance, cook Forrest
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? no
- How did you get there? drove to NY then my aunt drove me to penn
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? no, and no
- How long did you go for? 1 week
- What were your daily classes? ballet 2 hours, pointe, jazz, modern, tap
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? ^^
- Did you have a dress code? pink tights and solid leo
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yeah... i think so
- Did you know anyone? no

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? hotel dorm
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? 20 minutes
- What was your roommate like? anal retentive, kind of annoying, fun sometimes
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? no. couldve used more sweat pants :) and didnt need as much cute things, also shouldve brought food
- Did you make any new friends? tons
- Did you decorate your room? our door, but our room was immaculate
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? hmm, being with friends 24/7
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? theatre and swimming
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? ugh lights out, but since i was a junior counselor that didnt matter
- How was the food? not fabulous
- Were you homesick? sometimes
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. oh just like staying up ALL night then waking up, going running and then dancing all day :) the canoe race, watching movies in the lodge

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? yea i did
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? kinda
- What was the best advice you received? i dont remeber
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? MUCH more formal teaching styles, more like where i used to go, very strict.
- What are some new things you have to work on? ick my turnout, and sometimes my allignment
- What triumphs did you have? quad pirrouette PERFECT barrell roll
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? yeah, partnering
- Did you get an injury? :( no but i got sick, and later in the summer i got shin splints OW
- Describe your favorite teacher. Tommy, was amaaaazzing he was gay, hilarious, and an amazing dancer/ teacher
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? we watched 1 movie, went to the theatre, had a canoe race, a talent show and something we call blackout

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? yea
- What was your piece like? there were a few, pointe was like crazy contemporary, jazz was really like solid gold ;) and energetic, modern was kinda like pointe, and tap was really easy... because i suck at tap. it was all disco themed... yeah
- Did your family and friends come? yeah my aunt and cousin did

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? um how amazing some of the younger girls were
- What disappointed you? bitchy bitchy bitchy joan
- What would you do differently if you could? i would just do overall better
- What is your best memory? hanging out in dorm rooms
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? that just because im one of the best at my studio doesnt mean im going to be the best everywhere
- Would you do another SI? yes, and im doing this one again
By Ballet24_7 Comments: 202, member since Wed Mar 01, 2006
On Sun Aug 12, 2007 06:54 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Arizona
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 3 years ballet
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet and Lyrical
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)CPYB Carlisle PA
- How did you get there? PLane
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? nope
- What were your daily classes? ballet ballet pointe ballet... and one modern class each week replaced a technique class
- Did you have a dress code? yes. Plain leo in black
- Did you know anyone? No... but I made a lot of friends

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? no a short walk
- What was your roommate like? We sort of clashed but overall it was good
- Did you make any new friends? lots
- Did you decorate your room? yeah and we won the best decorations award
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? Independence
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? hershey park!
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? Lights out although our RA was pretty relaxed about it
- How was the food? ok but I ate way too much frozen yougurt and ice cream

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? No it was fine
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Each teacher has thier own style ant you have as many as 20 different teachers
- What was the best advice you received? everything
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? Less "dancing" more foundation work and barre
- What are some new things you have to work on? Turnout, hips, back, pulling up more than seems possible
- Were there special guest teachers? Noelani Pantastico who I never had and Cheryl Yeager who I did have
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? "real" modern
- Did you get an injury? No
- Describe your favorite teacher. Megan Trambley, Susan Vostrikov, Melinda Howe,Jennifer Miller, Rafael Grigorian
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Lots of seminars,Different pointe shoe companies came and did fittings every week,Non-dance movies at the dorms

Performance:

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? Some of the girls in my level
- What disappointed you? One teacher insisted on forced turnout
- What would you do differently if you could? go to every night class, work even harder
- What is your best memory? everything
- Would you do another SI? yes
By Narodnaiamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1195, member since Mon Mar 15, 2004
On Mon Aug 13, 2007 07:31 AM
Almost everybody is from the USA!!!! :?

Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Spain
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 12 years
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet (Bournonville mostly)
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Summer Course from Alicia Alonso´s dance Institute in El Escorial, Madrid (Spain)
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? To that town no, but I live in the province
- How did you get there? by car (half an hour drive or a little more)
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? Yes, no
- What were your daily classes? 1h 30 min of ballet (including pointe), 1h 30 min of modern, 1h something of pilates, 1h make-up,1h History of dance, and maybe some rehearsals thrown in the middle
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? Ballet&Modern
- Did you have a dress code? No
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yes
- Did you know anyone? 3 girls from other dance intensives

If you lived there:
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family? Dorms (single room for me, but there where group rooms also)
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? No, but there streets were very ranked
- What was your roommate like? I roomed with myself :P
- Were you allowed to have a computer? Yes, but I didn´t had it
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? Less long trousers than I would have wished
- Did you make any new friends? Yes
- Did you decorate your room? Not really
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? Managing your own life
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? Hanging out in other rooms, parting in the town.
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? No noise after 0:00 pm
- How was the food? Not very organished, normal quality
- Were you homesick? No

Dancing ``La Macarena´´ on a pool bar with the Italian, Hungarian and other fellow students

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? Yes, the floor wasn´t put too carefully, and I was used to bigger studios
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Yes, Cuban method of ballet
- What was the best advice you received? About placement of the head
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? Grand-Pliés went after degagges and tendus
- What are some new things you have to work on? Head and arms
- What triumphs did you have? Being praised a lot by teachers
- Were there special guest teachers? Loipa Araujo,Massimo Morriconne, Lienz Chang
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? No partnering for me, only 9 girls were chossen, but I danced different styles of modern
- Describe your favorite teacher. Massimo Morriconne, loud and hot tempered, but very funny and creative, quite demanding and would give the class in english
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? An international dance gala with dancers from the Cuban Ballet,ENB, and Budapest National Ballet

Performance:
- What was your piece like? Loud gospel number on demies. Also first a defile and a coda with all students on pointe
- Did your family and friends come? Yes

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? The way I got used to the studios
- What disappointed you? Pas de deux and repertoire classes were announced, but not offered finally
- What would you do differently if you could? Take spanish dance
- What is your best memory? Parties!!!!
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? Improve,Improve,Improve :)
- Would you do another SI? Maybe
By NewFoundGracemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1274, member since Sun Sep 04, 2005
On Mon Aug 13, 2007 08:05 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Central New York state
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 2 years, 1 year of actual decent training. However, I've advanced quickly and have caught up quite a bit.
- What types of dances do you study? just ballet (including pointe, naturally) at a pre-pro school
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) the Ithaca Ballet summer intensive
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? I dance with Ithaca Ballet, so yes
- How did you get there? There was no way I could have afforded any other intensive, and this one was conveniently an excellent one and close to home.
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? No and no, this was my first time at an intensive.
- How long did you go for? 6 weeks
- What were your daily classes? 2 hours of ballet technique and 1 hour of pointe every day. Then depending on the day of the week, we either had 1 hour of modern followed by 1 hour of jazz, or 1 hour of chorepgraphy (tuesday) or conditioning (thursday) followed by 1 hour of variations.
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? primarily ballet, though I studied tap, jazz and lyrical as well during the year I wasted at a Dolly Dinkle school
- Did you have a dress code? Not a very strict one. Pink tights, a leotard, hair in a neat bun. Nothing else/no "extras". But we could wear any color/style of leotard.
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yup, though I had to buy new ones halfway through.
- Did you know anyone? I did, which made it much more fun, but I also got closer to the other people there. It was a great experience.

If you lived there:
*I only lived 20 minutes away from my SI, so none of these apply.

Class:
- What was the best advice you received? All of it! The corrections from pointe and technique classes were incredibly helpful.
- What are some new things you have to work on? As of now? I'm focusing on my pirouettes, the quality and depth of my plies, grand ronds de jambe in adagio, and turnout and foot articulation in grand allegro.
- What triumphs did you have? I got the awards for perfect attendance and most improved out of all the people at my SI!! Sorry to brag, but I guess I'm still really proud of that.
- Were there special guest teachers? for modern, jazz, conditioning and choreography
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? I tried modern for the first time, which was fun.
- Did you get an injury? The injuries I already had (hip flexor strains, achilles tendonitis) just got worse
- Describe your favorite teacher. Strict and very scary, gives a lot of corrections, very good classwork, really knows what she's doing.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Unfortunately not :(

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? Yes, it was a really great experience.
- What was your piece like? We actually had a few. We did several variations, and then we did a piece each for modern, jazz, and choreography.
- Did your family and friends come? Yup :D

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? I guess nothing, really
- What disappointed you? Not much, really. Only that the workshops were only offered to the lower-school students, and not the upper-school ones. I was looking forward to going to a few, and then I found out that I couldn't
- What would you do differently if you could? Nothing that I can think of
- What is your best memory? The whole thing!
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? After getting the 'most improved' award, I feel more hopeful and positive about my dancing and ability to progress. I feel also much more confident on pointe, which was something I needed.
- Would you do another SI? If I could afford one, I'd go out and explore others, but as of now I'm really happy with this one and I feel like it was the best thing I've ever done with my summer. No joke.
By InfiniteRosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 761, member since Sun Aug 19, 2007
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 03:56 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Washington
- How old are you? ...
- How long have you danced? 3 years.
- What types of dances do you study? ballet, pointe, jazz
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Boston ballet Summer Dance Lab in Newton ville, Massachusetts.
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? no never!
- How did you get there? plane...FIVE HOURS!!
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? No, it was my first one!
- What were your daily classes? well, one was : pilates, ballet, lunch. pointe, mentoring, then an specialty class
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? ballet and pointe.
- Did you have a dress code? no, not really.
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? NO! i had to buy 3 more pairs!
- Did you know anyone? nope. it was on the other side of the country!

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? no, maybe 20 minutes?
- What was your roommate like? they...weren't great. They tried to force their religions on me. We didn't get along.
- Were you allowed to have a computer? no, but there was a lab.
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? NO!!! :)
- Did you make any new friends? not really.
- Did you decorate your room? a little bit
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? the whole experience
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? SLEEP!!!
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? bed-check time. it was far too late
- How was the food? HORRIBLE!!
- Were you homesick? yes, the last week.
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. I didnt really bond with my roommates. but we sometimes played cards!! :)

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? yes, i think this teacher was more Vaganova then my studio.
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? yes.
- What was the best advice you received? "You cannot stop working." and "If you keep thinking negatively, you will not improve."
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? More vagonova and lots of petite allegro!!
- What are some new things you have to work on? Pulling up, not rolling in, petite allegro!
- What triumphs did you have? I improved a LOT!
- Were there special guest teachers? Yes, but I don't remember the names
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? Foutte turns!! i never did them before!
- Did you get an injury? :( no
- Describe your favorite teacher. She was so kind and encouraging, I wanted to improve so she would be happy.
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Center Stage!

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? No
- What was your piece like? We learned Raymonda, Blue Bird, and Peasant Pas.
- Did your family and friends come? My dad and grandmother did.

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? How hard I worked
- What disappointed you? What level i was put in
- What would you do differently if you could? try to work even harder.
- What is your best memory? My teacher!
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? I CAN go somewhere with ballet if i work hard enough.
- Would you do another SI? YES! in a heartbeat.
By heartbeats224 Comments: 59, member since Tue Feb 08, 2005
On Tue Aug 28, 2007 09:05 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? New Jersey
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 13
- What types of dances do you study? ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, and pointe
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)ARB in Princeton NJ
- Had you ever been to this city, state, province, or country before? Yes, several times
- How did you get there? A quick car ride with my mom
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? Nope and no
- What were your daily classes? Ballet, Pointe, Variations, Character and a really interesting Choreography class
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? ^^
- Did you have a dress code? Navy leo and pink tights
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? Yes I did
- Did you know anyone? No :( - yet it was great meeting people

If you lived there: [I live very close to Princeton so no to all the questions]
- Did you live in dorms or with a host family?
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class?
- How was the food?
- Were you homesick?

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? No the teachers there were extremly nice yet loud - which I thought was a good thing
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? Yes, we did MUCH more center work
- What was the best advice you received? To pull up on your pointes
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? They really weren't, the teachers were just different
- What are some new things you have to work on? Pulling Up :) and TURNOUT!!
- What triumphs did you have? Fouettes en pointe [I totally spelt that wrong]
- Were there special guest teachers? No
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? No unfortunatly
- Describe your favorite teacher. She was a former Ballet Principal from Priceton's ARB. She had a great sense of humor as well
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? Yes, we were learning parts from Giselle and Romeo and Juliet and she compared the dancers technique.

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? yeah... kinda
- What was your piece like? We were partnered up and we had to choreograph a 32 count dance to the same music as the rest of the class
- Did your family and friends come? My mom watched

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? The 'live' music - in my studio we NEVER had an actual pianist
- What disappointed you? Ehh.. something that still bothers me today... looking in the mirror and comparing
- What would you do differently if you could? I would take ^^ and make it my last priority and dance to the fullest
- What is your best memory? HAHA walking with the girls [35 of us] down the street for a light lunch and chat
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? To smile and feel the music more
- Would you do another SI? Yes I would go back

- Include anything you think I've forgotten to ask about... I think because of the Choreography classes, I want to become one now... It's funny how this basically changed my life!! But it was SOOO fun!!

Hope I helped!!

Allie ~**
By SABaby Comments: 84, member since Tue Mar 20, 2007
On Sun Sep 02, 2007 08:12 AM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? NYC
- How old are you? 16
- How long have you danced? 8 years / about 3 seriously
- What types of dances do you study? Ballet
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.)NYSSSA ( New York State Summer School of the Arts) Saratoga Springs, NY
- How did you get there? 210 miles by car ughhh
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? Yes, No
- How long did you go for? 4 weeks
- What were your daily classes? Ballet, Pointe, lunch followed by 2 other classes ( stretch, choreography, partnering, character, ballroom)
- Did you have a dress code? Leotard + tights ( yay, any color)
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? yes ( 9 pairs)
- Did you know anyone? a few people but we weren't close

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? We were driven for about 10 minutes in vans
- What was your roommate like? MESSY
- Were you allowed to have a computer? yes and free internet was provided
- Did you make any new friends? YES, since the program is so small (60 dancers) everyone becomes close
- Did you decorate your room? yeah with lots of NYCB posters
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? More time for ballet
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? NYCB every night, shopping trip, Lake George trip, NYCB gala, end of summer party in the penthouse
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? none
- How was the food? amazing, brand new cafeteria at Skidmore
- Were you homesick? nah
- Describe some of your fun/crazy non-dancing times with new friends. Dressing up for the ballets at night, movies in the lounge, swimming, etc

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? nope everyone was really nice
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? it was Balanchine but I caught up quickly
- What was the best advice you received? lots of good corrections were given
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? different style ( Balanchine vs. Vaganova)
- What are some new things you have to work on? spotting front
- What triumphs did you have? improvent of feet
- Were there special guest teachers? God yes. NYCB dancers: Damien Woetzel, Daniel Ulbricht, Wendy Whelan, Maria Kowrowski, Jennifer Ringer, Megan Fairchild, Yovonne Bourre, Adam Hendrickson, Seth Orza, Teresa Reichlin....and others I cant think of
- Did you try anything totally new, like partnering? hip hop
- Describe your favorite teacher. umm amazing principal dancer
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? NYCB performance every night

Performance:
- Was there a show at the end? no, small demonstration
- What was your piece like? 2 variations, student choreography piece, 2 character variations, ballroom dance, hip hop dance

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? all the dancers were really good
- What disappointed you? i would have wanted more ballet
- What would you do differently if you could? be less shy
- What is your best memory? watching NYCB company class
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? I want to do Balanchine!
- Would you do another SI? I have to because I want to be a dancer, but I guess I would want to

PS: Nysssa is only for NYS residents and the total cost is only 1500 (scholarships avaliable) because it is federally funded
By balletpoodle6 Comments: 676, member since Wed May 16, 2007
On Mon Sep 03, 2007 08:50 PM
Getting ready:
- Where are you from? Orange County, CA
- How old are you? 14
- How long have you danced? 10 years
- What types of dances do you study? ballet all the way
- Where did you go? (include state, province, country, etc.) Newton and Boston, MA
- How did you get there? plane
- Have you ever been to an intensive before? Have you been to THIS program before? yes, no
- What were your daily classes? ballet, varitions, specialty, and mentoring
- Did you study primarily ballet or other disciplines too? basicly only ballet
- Did you have a dress code? sort of
- Did you pack enough pointe shoes? I packed 12 and I used 10
- Did you know anyone? nope

If you lived there:
- Did you have to travel far from the dorm to get to class? 20 minutes
- What was your roommate like? I had 3, they were ok
- Were you allowed to have a computer? we weren't allowed to have our own, but there were ones there we could use
- Did you pack wisely in retrospect? I over packed
- Did you make any new friends? yes
- Did you decorate your room? yes, we got voted best decorated suite
- What was the best thing about living in the dorms or away from home? being indepentant
- What was your favorite dorm activity or recreational activity (theatre, baseball games, shopping)? going to Jacob's Pillow
- What was your least favorite residence hall rule? they were all pretty bad
- How was the food? bad
We had a blast. We would go to the lake at night and turtle hunt. One time a girl fell in the lake. Our room held a couple dance partys. We also had lots of fun sharing i-pods. Good times!

Class:
- Did you struggle with adjusting to the new studio and faculty? a little
- Was this a different method of ballet than you're accustomed to? yes
- What was the best advice you received? practice balancing with your eyes closed
- How are the classes/teaching styles different from your regular classes? the classes weren't Russian
- What are some new things you have to work on? getting more on top of my standing leg
- What triumphs did you have? I learned 8 variation in 5 weeks
- Were there special guest teachers? yes
- Describe your favorite teacher. we only had one teacher the entire time. She was great and very encourenging
- Were there any dance-related lectures or movies shown in the evenings? yes

Performance:
- What was your piece like? we all did variations

Overall:
- What surprised you the most? the great teaching
- What disappointed you? the dorms
- What would you do differently if you could? pack better
- What is your best memory? learning all our variations and going to the lake
- What new perspectives do you have on your dancing? now I know the only life for me is being a dancer
- Would you do another SI? yes!!

Page:
Page 3 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch