Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

My new aboyne!
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:49 AM

I'm in the middle. Don't you love the background? The new costume came the day before the competition in Crofton and it brought me luck :)

23 Replies to My new aboyne!

re: My new aboyne!
By superstar_01member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 01:24 AM
Hiya!!!
Yeah it looks like your standing right on your toes balancing!
Love the outfit its amazing!!
Love Becca xoxox
By cropper
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 02:43 AM
hey i love that picture it very nice i like the way you standin on your toes it looks realy good.
By trews
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 04:19 AM
Hey nice pic. Quite a weird shot though(right up on your toes) :O what step were you doing? Thanks for sharing.
By pointytoes
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 04:19 AM
By the look of that pic it wasnt your new outfit that brought you luck, Ithink it would be your skill as a dancer, great photo
By claimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 09:25 AM
Both you and your outfit look lovely.
I'm also curious as to the step, or maybe just the dance!
By chrismunro
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:04 AM
I'm guessing its the Earl or Errol, going by the board at the right and it looks like they are doing the break(back out front out, back out front out assemble out assemble change change????) the photo is perfect timing, it looks great...and i love the background.....oh and nice outfit...thought i'd drop that in since thats what this is for.

chris
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:55 AM
I'm guessing it was the break in the Earl of Errol too! The person taking the pictures got a few in that particular position but I liked this one because it does look like I'm balanced on my toes. I was probably just about to land or just taking off :) Thanks for all the nice comments - it's great just being back into competitions!
By NewDanceLass
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 02:55 PM
I love the Earl of Errol it is such a pretty dance. Your aboyne looks stunning on you.
By robinomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 03:00 PM
That picture almost makes me wish I were competing. Okay, well, it makes me wish I was dancing in Crofton at any rate.... maybe you'll inspire me to compete. I still do lots of performming which I love. Maybe I could convince a few people in my class to compete and then we could have a 25&Over class :)
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 03:23 PM
I want a 25 and over class!

Crofton is such a nice competition, although it was very hot and there isn't a lot of shade there... but when you first go on stage and do your first turn, the view takes your breath away!

robino - I was expecting some older dancers to turn up... I know Kate McLeod usually dances... but alas, it was only me :)
By highlndtchr
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 06:55 PM
Hey Star77, I want a 25 & older class too!!!! Let's rally and get one going!!! LOL
Highlndtchr
By dancin_gal14member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 08:01 PM
pff.. Looks like you did a good earl of errol, I jsut happened to mess mine up horribly :) lol. The music was *sooo* fast! There was no time to think, i just had to do it. lol My teacher got quite the laugh out of it as shes always telling me that i have to slow down and listen to the music.

Your aboyne looks great! I just loved it when i saw it, Its soo pretty and look amazing on you too:P Neat picture with you on your toes. How did you reconize me there? I watched your first dance (village maid i think) looking for you and i couldnt figure out exactly which one was you, then i just totally forgot until tapped me!
Heather*
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 08:55 PM
Star77 - The aboyne looks fantastic!!!! What a nice backdrop!!! Looks very hot there that day!!

It does look like you are balancing in the pic!!
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 05:48 AM
Star77 - who was in the 16 and Over class? I can think of a couple people who might have been there - although they might not be 16 yet. Most of the people I danced with (including Kate) would probably fit into that 25 and over class - maybe we could convince a few people to come back for that :)
By highland_emmy
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:16 AM
Wow, I love your tartan (the same one as my aboyne, lol). Your vest looks to be a little bit darker than mine and I really like it. Cool photo!
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:58 PM
Highlndtchr: do we live in the same area? I think if a bunch of old fogeys entered the same competition, they might think about giving us a class... I still need to get to Seattle one of these days because I hear they have a 21 & over class.

dancin_gal14: I wanted to figure out who you were and I knew your first name and which city you were from.... and that you were between 13 and 16... so it wasn't too hard to look you up in the program :) And I actually made a mistake in the E of E that I hoped the judge didn't notice... but I guess she did. The girl on the left in blue is also from my studio (just turned 16 so there's some contrast!) and she placed 4th.

dansemum: Thank-you! And thatk again for your help and urging when I was hesitating over ordering it :) Marg in Calgary did an amazing job and was super fast!

highland_emmy: Thanks for posting that original pic of your costume made up :) It really helped me to picture the whole thing. I was a little worried the vest was going to be red too... I really really wanted bugundy and was so happy to see it come out of the box :)

Thanks for all the nice, sweet comments. It's fun but nervewracking getting back into competition and its been great to have the dance.net support!
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 01:01 PM
robino: Here is the 16 & Over class...
Brita Robson, Cowichan Bay
Darien Slater, Duncan
Jessie Welburn, Crofton
Keely Chadwick, Quadra Island
Jean Campbell, Victoria
Jacqueline Ross, Parksville
Alison McLean, Victoria
Elyse Rondeau, Campbell River
Kelsey McLean, Nanaimo (enetered but didn't dance)

I'd love to know how old the rest of the girls were. I know Jean is over 18 and Alison just turned 16...
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 01:51 PM
I think Darien is 17, and I think she's in grade 12. I'm guessing a little, but I would say Brita's just 16. Jessie Welburn would be about the same age. Now I feel old! These girls were all just babies when I left!

I believe Keely danced in the beginner 12 and over class in 2002 Scotdance Championships (was that the year they were in Vancouver?). I have a few old results and found her there. I have no idea how I know this (must have been talking to someone), but I believe Elyse is still in hgh school or just graduated this year.

I don't know about the others. It seems like most of the class was in the 16 - 18 range. We need a few more old farts! I'd love to see the results from that class when you have time - tough group. Darien and Brita are both gorgeous dancers, and Jessie's beautiful too. I don't know much about the others, but I've danced next to those three (in class, never in competition!).
By JiG_till_u_dropmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 09:05 PM
it's gorgeous!!!
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:58 PM
I was happy to help Star77!! Anytime I can be of assistance let me know!!

Danse Mum
By sfizzlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:48 PM
Gorgeous outfit! I just love tartan!

Happy Dancing,
sfizzle
By highland_girl19member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 02:19 PM
nice tartan. and wow is the background ever beautiful! When I competed in BC it was so nice, especially with the signs saying what group is dancing what. (we don't have that at the comps I go to)

Meg:)
By HighlandBren
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 08:44 AM
I'm so glad the pics turned out! I was the 'snap-happy' one that day. You're right, it was the Earl of Errol during the break. It was a good day for everyone!

ReplySendWatch Draw