Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Oh yeah... and they give trophies to old farts!
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 AM

I've never won an aggregate in my life and look what I went and did on Saturday! I was dancing Premier 16 and Over but they had more trophies than age groups and wanted to give them all out so I managed to win the 18 and Over Aggregate. I think there were only 2 of us that qualified but I'm still pretty darn pleased :)

16 Replies to Oh yeah... and they give trophies to old farts!

re: Oh yeah... and they give trophies to old farts!
By pointytoes
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 04:22 AM
Cool for you no matter how many people were in your grade you still won so good on you.
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 04:56 AM
Well done! They don't just give those things away!
By Stepscot
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 06:34 AM
Hey that's awesome! and batd_teacher is right - they don't just give those things away - you did have to work for it, you deserved it!

Well done!

Megz
By Highland_Kristanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 07:14 AM
congrats on winning a trophy, its a great feeling and you definately deserve it!
By trews
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 08:46 AM
Way to go, well done! The trophy is huge! Thanks for sharing.
By dancin_gal14member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 07:54 PM
yay! Go you! :] I watched you dance and you were awesome!! Nice trophy! You look so proud... but who wouldnt be! lol
Heather*
By AlwaysDancing
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:02 PM
Congrats, Star77! Love that picture! What a great day you had! :)
By dancingislife714
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:02 PM
hey! awsome job its beautiful were was this competition?
By robinomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 05:44 AM
The competition was in Crofton on Vancouver Island (BC). Just south of Nanaimo, or a little more than an hour north of Victoria (about that anyway). The competition is held at the top of a hill, and it's only a few blocks from the water......it's an absolutely beautiful place to dance! When you're onstage (as you can see in the picture of Satr77's new aboyne), behind you is the ocean and the Gulf Islands.

I miss dancing at Crofton!
By dansemummember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 01:06 PM
Congrats Star77!! I am very happy for you!! Maybe that new Aboyne did bring some luck!! However, I know that wasn't the case being as so many people here say that you danced beautifully and I am sure you did!!

Again - Congratulations!!!
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 04:59 PM
Yep... Crofton is beautiful and fun! Part of that is because it is a confined competition (only Vancouver Island residents can enter) so its really small and intimate. The kids love they can all go in the pool after they dance :) Maybe I should post a pic of the Mums and Dads Fling... except I don't think there were any dads this year :(
By dancin_gal14member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 07:48 PM
I think there was one dad.. but im not sure! It took us forever to get one of the parents from my studio to go up! haha. Maybe i shalll teach my mom for next year.. My teacher said that one year they actually did a sword or something. That would've been funny to watch. lol
Heather*
On Thu Aug 11, 2005 08:28 PM
They used to do choreography. My dance teacher's husband did a mock jig dressed as a woman and won then the next year he danced with a mop I had dressed in a kilt and vest but lost to a Loch Ness monster who threw candy to the judges (the Primary dancers judge!). Last year quite a few of our studio parents did it and placed well :)
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 08:02 AM
I remember that jig! It was really cute. Do you remember who did the Loch Ness monster?
I remember my dance teacher's husband and one of the moms from the studio doing choreography a couple of times. The dances are fairly vague memories, but knowing the people involved, they were funny! I think they did one dressed as (in their words) "tacky tourists" and had a chair, so only one of them was dancing at a time, and the other was resting!
I also remember one of dads from our studio getting dragged up on stage by his daughter (with some help from a few of us) to do the Moms and Dads Fling. Never danced before in his life, but he had a great sense of humor and skipped around the stage quite happily....
Ah, the good old days (hee hee)!
On Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:58 AM
Edited by Star77 (100816) on 2005-08-12 11:59:15 spelling
I totally remember the tourists with the chair!

Ya know... I have some old videos I could drag out to check up on this... but I wonder if the Loch Ness Monster was Kate McLeod's parents?
On Sat Aug 13, 2005 06:02 PM
That's what I was thinking too. Actually, I think it was Kate's mom, and Randy White. Those two together are so hilarious! The chair dance, Nessie, they might have done others too.

Ah, some great memories.......I love Crfoton!

ReplySendWatch Draw